Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Babaganouch View Post
    Let me explain what I ment, Im sick of the Universe itself - Orcs, Azeroth, Undead, Arthas, Blizzard etc. etc but I do enjoy the hotkey model (always have, always will)
    This probably applies to a lot of people. I'm fine with a hotkey mmo but I do have issues with the trinity gameplay in a Star Wars setting.

As far as this topic is concerned, as I said in another thread, I enjoy BioWare games. I understand the OP is not that much of a fan of them, that's ok as we all have different tastes. I do agree that I'd rather have a KOTOR 3 than an mmo but hopefully this game will give me much of what I wanted. Yes, I'll be playing for mostly a single player experience. I am undecided on whether I would pay a sub for the game though. After the initial month of play I'll decide if it's worth to continue on or not.

You are merely unable to see from a different perspective without still having preconceived notions. For instance, some people just like the Star Wars theme. Some others might like just a change of scenery from WoW. Others like the trinity. There are a lot of things beyond the few complaints you level against it. They aren't insignificant complaints, but their value to others likely isn't likely the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    When all it is really is a Warcraft clone, despite what people say.
    I would go further back and say that WoW was just an EQ clone.
    Battlefield is just a Wolfenstein 3D clone.
    SCII is just a Dune clone.

I detest these comparisons and statements. :/

Unless developers starts new genres with every game released, this discussion will always be on the board.
    Last edited by vian; 2011-11-04 at 08:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    When you make a business, sales are the only thing that matters. Business isnt good for Blizzard because they release a sub par product.
    game sales do not make a good game, it merely shows the game had good marketing.

And I am asking what makes Bioware so more inclined to make ToR a success, after they have shown in Mass effect 2 and Dragon age that their writers make god awful products?

Deleted
    As soon as you use the term "wow clone" you're bashing the game in my book.

It's hard to accept that people like different things right ?
    Because that's what this all boils down to.
    I for one am really stoked for it.

Awesome juggernaugt of MMO talent ... really ? BC / WotLK maybe. But not cata. Cata destroyed the game for me and many others. The game isn't garbage, bit it just isn't for me. Maybe Star Wars just isn't for you. Let it go.

As was stated before, you are just spouting your opinion. You are using your opinion to prove everyone else's is wrong. You state 'all the people I know' which has to be in the millions right? Because that is the only way possible it could possibly be looked at as fact.

SWTOR isn't revolutionary or really all that evolutionary. But it's completely different than WoW with a lore that is known and loved all over the world. MY opinion (and I'm in the beta) is that I enjoy it and all the people I know like it too. So that must mean it has to be fact, right?

Bob

10+ Year Old Account
    game sales do not make a good game, it merely shows the game had good marketing.

And I am asking what makes Bioware so more inclined to make ToR a success, after they have shown in Mass effect 2 and Dragon age that their writers make god awful products?
    ME2 was pretty damn fun, not sure where you get that its a god awful product. And game sales do matter when you crush the competition by 80%. If there was another 'PAY TO PLAY' mmo with numbers even CLOSE to wow, then your argument might hold some watter. But there isnt, the people have chosen the better game with their wallets.

That is quite the hyperbole there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    /sound of jaws hitting desktop.

Ooookaaaaay...business isn't good for a company that holds the largest sub base in an MMO over 7 years. Unprecedented numbers too. In three franchises. Yeah, right.
    I think you might be misreading, Im saying they are doing the best business of all pay to play MMOs combined. Proving the fact that the people will pay to play a superior product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fiend, the reason you get in trouble is exactly what you are doing here. You ask a question, get answers, then tell people their answers suck and are wrong. Your opinion is yours, and it is not universal.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

What I don't understand is people like The Fiend. Different people have different tastes and want to play what they want to play. Get over it. Wth does it matter.

Personally, I will pick up ToR and GW2. Are they going to be the next big thing, or even any good? Hell if I know. I'm a gamer, so I'll try the games out. If they suck, oh well. It's not like there is a shortage of games to play.

You'd have to be completely ignorant or completely biased to not think a company like bioware and a franchise like Star Wars could possibly do great things.
    /thread

Why bother coming into the SWTOR forum and bashing the game? Easy answer is you are trolling and looking to start a flamewar. The "WoW in space" term people throw around is inaccurate and ridiculous. Everything you know about the game is based of videos and information, maybe some leaked info from a beta tester that never made it off their starter world. When the game launches, play a class until 20 or so, if your opinion is the same, oh well but at least you'll have actual experience with the game to back up your wild claims and blanket statements.

Stating your opinion as fact, doesn't make it fact. People enjoy'd Mass Effect and Dragon Age, surprising isn't it? I know it's hard to understand that people can like what you dislike.

This whole thread so far has been a war of opinions. Lock this before it gets out of hand please.

Deleted
    Is this a 5-minute argument or the full half hour?

Deleted
    [QUOTE=voorshwa;14072110]

SWTOR isn't revolutionary or really all that evolutionary. But it's completely different than WoW with a lore that is known and loved all over the world.[/QUOTE

See, this is what is confusing me the world over about this, people say it's not revolutionary or all evolutionary, yet turn around and say it's completely different when people say it's a "WoW clone".

I don't mean offence by that, it's a good system to follow as a basis of your MMO, but when you follow it too closely, it starts to show, ToR does this to an extreme degree and it puzzles me why people shout out this amazing things it does, when it really does little.

If people want to play it due to the setting,l thats awesome, I like ToR setting myself and if they like the more single player experience, thats fine too, I am just trying to see why they would do this. Maybe I am just mistyping what I am trying to say but, I just want to understand why people are hyped for the game and hold it in such a high regard when, based on what I have seen.. it isn't so specially amazing.

Hey look everyone, its The Fiend, who knows if he even sets foot in the SWTOR thread, he will be banned again. So now he has to make a separate thread about how he hates ToR. Blah blah yada yada.

Dude, seriously, people will play it because they like play style, the Star Wars franchise, the developer, etc etc. Thats why people play games iirc. I mean if I'm wrong please prove me wrong....

Hate on it all you want. Hate on the people that want to play it all you want. Hate on the developer all you want. Hate on the franchise all you want. The game will still be played. End of story.

Before you start with the fanboy crap... I plan to play your beloved GW2 and SWTOR. Why? Because both games look fun to me.

Fucking hell you annoy me....

and for the first time in my mmo-champ history, someone gets ignored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Merrena View Post
    Stating your opinion as fact, doesn't make it fact. People enjoy'd Mass Effect and Dragon Age, surprising isn't it? I know it's hard to understand that people can like what you dislike.

This whole thread so far has been a war of opinions. Lock this before it gets out of hand please.
    So you don't agree that Dragon Age 2 and Mass effect 2 are parts of the weaker writing the Bioware development teams have put out? I generally thought this was the norm.

So you don't agree that Dragon Age 2 and Mass effect 2 are parts of the weaker writing the Bioware development teams have put out? I generally thought this was the norm.
    Going off topic here but the writing was fine. DA2 had problems (reuse of environments, stupid encounters, use of the mass effect conversation wheel among other things) but writing wasn't one of them. You may not have liked the style of the game it was (a personal one rather than the typical save the world cliche) but the writing was fairly good.

10+ Year Old Account
    because ToR has the SW franchise name to it, i think it will do great. not like the other mmos that came after WoW. it's sci-fi. and please don't compare it to eve. eve isn't SW.

unfortunately, the trinity model is still in. that's huge. a lot of ppl don't realize it yet but they are gonna get bored of it real fast. watch.

i decided 100% that i won't be playing it. not because i hate it. it's because i have way too much invested in WoW(plus i been playing warcraft games since orcs and humans so im a fan of the lore), and GW2 is free and is not constricted by the whole trinity thing. 3 mmos is too much for me. the trooper was what i was gonna play. goodbye badass mini-guns.

What gets me about ToR is people preached up and down on every website that because of FF14, Aion, WAR they would be so much more careful before they throw money at a over hyped mmorpg. Is that not exactly what people are doing with ToR?

It simply does not process in my head how people think it is ok for them to keep the NDA up to release date. That is the same crap FF14 did and they lost 90% of their playerbase in one month.