Poll: Marauder or Juggernaut?

10+ Year Old Account

Torn on AC class: Sith Warrior

Hey guys and gals, release date is fast approaching and I'm still finding myself torn between choosing AC for Sith Warrior and so I'd like to hear your opinions/reasons for your choice.
    I enjoy both PvE and PvP aspects of MMO's and am looking to do both.
    I also intend on only being a DPS at this point in time.

I myself love the whole concept and idea of a Juggernaut fighting with all his might with the single saber and the heavy armour. I must say, my favourite character from the original films was Vader (Shame Lucas ruined him in the prequels) and Malgus in TOR very much fits my ideal of the perfect Sith.

However, with Jugg's only having a single DPS spec, I'm worried it may not be viable for both PvE and PvP or that I may get bored with the spec's play-style.
    (I'm unsure whether at this point the shared "Rage" tree is viable over Vengeance.)

Moving on to Marauder, where 3 DPS spec's are available to choose from. Variety is always good, and I imagine the flexibility of 3 DPS specs will come in handy for PvP/PvE. However I'm not fully sold on the idea of dual wielding sabers. I don't know why, but It feels like the epic feeling of being a Lightsaber user is being taken away when wielding two.

So, what would you guys choose and why?

10+ Year Old Account
    Juggs have 1 tank, and 2 dps specs. All specs, including the shared, are viable.

The thing is though, you can't really get the help you are looking for, because the talent trees are not available.

Going on the question of what would I choose, definately Juggernaut. Single saber and being able to tank and wear heavy armor is cooler to me than dual wielding.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-05 at 01:10 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I'm going Sith Warrior Marauder, because dual wielding lightsabers is gonna be awesome and I don't really like tanking so if I go Juggernaut I will only have 2 dps specs to choose from. But if I go Marauder I got 3 :P

If I was making the decision (and I'm not totally sure what advanced class I want to play yet), I'd play Marauder for leveling, as it just seems faster from what abilities I've seen. Then at max level I'd decide what spec I want to play for operations.

I don't think dual-wielding lightsabers takes away any of the epic feeling! I remember as a kid being wowed when Anakin fought with two lightsabers at the end of AotC for about a minute.

I hope to go single bladed DPS Sith Warrior, whatever the name of it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Juggs have 1 tank, and 2 dps specs. All specs, including the shared, are viable.

The thing is though, you can't really get the help you are looking for, because the talent trees are not available.

Going on the question of what would I choose, definately Juggernaut. Single saber and being able to tank and wear heavy armor is cooler to me than dual wielding.
    Talent calcs are available you just need to know where to look.

OT: Since you're not planning on tanking I would def go Marauder

If you were having this problem with the Jedi Knight AC's I'd say go Sentinel over Guardian, but for some reason when it comes to Sith Warrior I'd choose Juggernaut over Marauder; purely for aesthetics reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine811 View Post

They are also against the NDA, thus I didn't mention them. I know they are out there, just like almost any piece of information. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guillotine811 View Post

And that just verifies the point that we don't have the talent trees... without breaking NDA, which we don't do.

OT: Honestly, judging by what you said you should go Juggernaut. As others have stated they have 2 dps specs, and one tanking if you should decide to tank(or flag carry) later.

Deleted
    If you enjoy tanking then pick the juggernaut. If you find fighting with a single lightsaber more appealing then dual wielding ... thenn pick the jugg. If you want to dps only and can ignore the whiny dps-players "c'mon youre a jugg ... go tank" then roll with the jugg. Otherwise ... pick the marauder. I personally like the dual wielding aspect of the marauder but i also love to tank ... so the juggernaut it is (IF i am playing SW).

Quote Originally Posted by Sighz View Post
    I'd personally pick Marauder because I like the idea of two lightsabers.
    I can mix and match the blade colors for more variety which is cool for me.
    I lol'd at your pictures.

on topic: that is something I really want to be able to do, but I want to be able to tank. QQ. I might just make 2 sith warriors..... D

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh I'm in the same situation. After many, many months I decided I was gonna play a SW, but can't decide on an AC yet.

But having played mostly DPS characters in other MMOs, I'm strongly leaning toward tanking as a Juggernaut. Or, you know, leveling 2 SWs. Wouldn't be the first time I've leveled the same class twice. Or 4 times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Might want to try Rage with the Juggernaut AC.