Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Got a Bit of a Problem

Ss me and my brother are going to play swtor and heres a problem. He wants to play bounty hunter and I want to play a smuggler. Now we with class choices like that, that means we can't play together?

You are correct. BH and Smug are on the opposite faction, so you two need to choose same faction or play apart.
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

well the BH is not too far from how a smugg will be played so try the smugg out you might like it.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    well the BH is not too far from how a smugg will be played so try the smugg out you might like it.
    ignore him, get your brother to try the bounty hunter

Glory to the empire >

i believe you are talking about BH being closer to Trooper than Smuggler =) since trooper is republic version of BH, where as Smuggler is the republic version of Imperial Agent =D

Both of you need to learn how to read. He wants to play a Smuggler while his BROTHER wants to play the Bounty Hunter. Trying to convince them of playing the class they already want to play is sorta wasted time. Just like this

OT:
    As WoWGoneBad says, Smuggler and Bounty Hunter aren't that much different, so you might like how the Bounty Hunter works. I bet they won't be the only classes you play, don't worry.

10+ Year Old Account
    These replies are SO confusing.

Smuggler is very different from the Bounty Hunter in ever single way, including, playstyle. Smuggler playstyle = Imperial Agent. Bounty Hunter playstyle = Trooper. The only similarity is that they are more of a neutral class, and not so stictly aligned with their faction.

OP, you'll just need to pick a side and go with it. All classes are mirrored, so if its the gameplay you are looking at, there won't be a problem. If it's the coolness factor and the story, then one of you just needs to bite the bullet if you want to play together.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

hhhmmm well my bad didnt realize BH was the mirror of the trooper i stand corrected. well dude I like the trooper playstyle and the BH is cool so stick it out with the BH and tell bro to go empire or go home(oohh wait you guys live together ><) lol.

plainly put your bro needs to go BH

Anyone who says you can't play together is lying. You can play a lot together. Just remind him of that every time you're standing over his corpse with your smoking blaster pistol.

Deleted
    hhhmmm well my bad didnt realize BH was the mirror of the trooper i stand corrected. well dude I like the trooper playstyle and the BH is cool so stick it out with the BH and tell bro to go empire or go home(oohh wait you guys live together ><) lol.

plainly put your bro needs to go BH
    Dude its his brother who is going BH not OP
    Are you drunk sir ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Play Bounty hunter and Imperial Agent or trooper and Smuggler instead.

---------- Post added 2011-11-06 at 03:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    Are you drunk sir ?
    Who isn't? ; )
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Dwun View Post
    Dude its his brother who is going BH not OP
    Are you drunk sir ?
    lol YES.....yes i am and high to boot.

OK so lets see if i get it right this time. DUDE sumggs are cool and all with the indy and solo look but its the BH thats total BAD***

Now if this was on the official forums, I would say 'the force is strong with this thread' but since it's not I'll forgo that.
    OT: The obvious was already stated. 1 of you needs to change sides.
    I'm having a similar problem though, since I'd love to roll a trooper after my SC, but I really dislike the idea of logging that huge cannon around as commando. And I'm a bit uncertain on the dps capabilities of the tactics vanguard. On the other hand, the mercenary bounty hunter has cool looking abilities and it can also spec as a healer (which I'd want to try out). But it's empire and I refuse to play that side. FML I guess.
    --> If your brother likes the cannon, he can go commando.

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

10+ Year Old Account
    Solve it like real men. In a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Best of Three. It's how my brother and I ended up going Republic.

He wanted a Sith Warrior, and I wanted a Jedi Consular.
    "I'll tell you something, my Tenchi, you know the carnival comes and goes. But if you wait for a while, it'll always come back to you, Tenchi."~Ryoko TENCHIxRYOKO FTW!

"The crystal is the heart of the blade. The heart is the crystal of the Jedi. The Jedi is the crystal of the Force.
    The Force is the blade of the heart. All are intertwined. The crystal, the blade, the Jedi. You are one.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeodatus View Post
    Solve it like real men. In a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. Best of Three. It's how my brother and I ended up going Republic.

He wanted a Sith Warrior, and I wanted a Jedi Consular.
    i say go with this instead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kov2G0GouBw

Quote Originally Posted by gotpriest View Post
    Anyone who says you can't play together is lying. You can play a lot together. Just remind him of that every time you're standing over his corpse with your smoking blaster pistol.
    I like this response.

Tell him to play commando if u want to be a smugg, problem solved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozires View Post
    Now if this was on the official forums, I would say 'the force is strong with this thread' but since it's not I'll forgo that.
    OT: The obvious was already stated. 1 of you needs to change sides.
    I'm having a similar problem though, since I'd love to roll a trooper after my SC, but I really dislike the idea of logging that huge cannon around as commando. And I'm a bit uncertain on the dps capabilities of the tactics vanguard. On the other hand, the mercenary bounty hunter has cool looking abilities and it can also spec as a healer (which I'd want to try out). But it's empire and I refuse to play that side. FML I guess.
    --> If your brother likes the cannon, he can go commando.
    Nah, if this was the official forums you'd go "LOLZ! THEY WANT TO PLAY WITH EACH OTHER! HERP DERP!!!"

You guys should totally play opposite factions. So much fun on a PVP server.