Adam Gershowitz interview with G4tv

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56135/the...al/?quality=hd

Casey sits down with Adam Gershowitz from Trion to talk about Rift's next content update, patch 1.6

Interesting tidbit towards the end about a mobile app that will allow you to chat to people ingame who are on your friends list or in your guild, view the guild wall and a couple other things. Very much like the WoW app that does the same, the question is, will there be a fee?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    http://www.g4tv.com/videos/56135/the...al/?quality=hd

Casey sits down with Adam Gershowitz from Trion to talk about Rift's next content update, patch 1.6

Christ it's a good thing I'm almost done with Hammerknell I've got my 4pc legendary set bonus /flex. Once again finding time for all this content is brutal. I consider this a good problem =D

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Very much like the WoW app that does the same, the question is, will there be a fee?
    Talk about a F U to Blizzard if they make it free. Just crazy if they do it somehow and then do what they did with free server x-fers and call other devs out for it.

I am expecting a fee and if I get different I will be shocked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Talk about a F U to Blizzard if they make it free. Just crazy if they do it somehow and then do what they did with free server x-fers and call other devs out for it.

If its free I feel like Mike Morhaime will put a hit out on Scott Hartsman.

Really do hope they make it free, then perhaps people can start to open there eyes to how little they get from Blizz compared what they pull in, scary to see there financial report, what the MMO section pulls in compared to how much there staff costs are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alyssa View Post
    Really do hope they make it free, then perhaps people can start to open there eyes to how little they get from Blizz compared what they pull in, scary to see there financial report, what the MMO section pulls in compared to how much there staff costs are.
    Thing is, unless people wise up to Blizzard, Bioware is going to do the exact same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Thing is, unless people wise up to Blizzard, Bioware is going to do the exact same thing.
    There is a blatant double standard in the mmo market right now and companies like Blizzard and Bioware can get away with it because fans of the respective games take it. It is there choice to support those companies and buy into their bull crap.

If you see what I just saw in Caduceus Rise or what I have seen on the pts in the last few weeks I simply can not get how what they have done on Ember Isle is actually possible.

You know what is even more insane, so Blizzard drops 4.3 in Dec right...Trion drops 1.6 Nov 16th(my guess)..we will probably get 1.7 in January..4.4 for WoW maybe 4-5 months out. There is just no comparison for the dev pace.

I'll say it again by not releasing ToR in Summer 11' and Blizzard dragging their feet on content they let a new developer come in a solidify their player base. It will be a cold chance in hell before I move away from Rift.