View Poll Results: Do you think there's any chance of this girl ever becoming famous?

Voters
22. This poll is closed
  • Yes

3 13.64%
  • No, she's Rebecca Black

5 22.73%
  • If her music style improves/changes

7 31.82%
  • Yes but only because I want to bang her

7 31.82%

Thumbs up [Music] Accidentally found this music artist on youtube...any hope?

So I was perusing youtube (originally listening to Oasis - Wonderwall) then got bounced through a few more videos and on one of the comments was the very common spam of "If you like X artist, you'll definately love THIS PERSON." Even though we know it's just a spammer trying to gain publicity but I was bored enough and thought...WHAT THE HECK? So I typed in the artist and the song and found this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku4rg...el_video_title

It's a girl...who has a voice but the sound to her music is very...how should I put it...90's...and not in the good sense.

Her vocals are good but sound less good behind the generic rocker twist they're trying to place on her. The lyrics are also very lol generic but I'm thinking this is also just her very cheap label.

So do you think there's any chance of this girl ever becoming popular? Even if they fixed her background music and adjusted it to her listed genre (which is pop), would it be enough?

These are my opinions of this no-name artist and I'm wondering yours. If you remember, Justin Bieber (and Rebecca Black) started this way too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't honestly know why but listening to it made me think Full House...

less talented people have made it so who the hell knows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it just doesn't give me the kick that a lot of my favorite bands do.
    She has a great voice no doubt there's just something that's telling me there's something wrong about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    I don't honestly know why but listening to it made me think Full House...
    That pre-dates my 90's comment. lol...but I understand what you mean...it just sounds...old...as if she's missing something but I don't know what.

I guess today if your record label can't afford much your music just sounds like old music.

I voted yes, but only because its crap, and amazingly that's what the people want to hear today...

i only want to bang her. shes hot but her voice is good as well. AHHH AHHHH HARDER
    ggg

this doesn't really sound very 90's to me. She sounds more 2002 in my opinion in sort of a post-pop but still pop kind of way.

I don't sense any real artistic intent behind her music and it really just seems like she's just being trialed as someone with moderate talent and a young face. WIthout anything real to back her like that, she would need to be lucky (which most singers have to be to get where they are), be tied to some show or other marketable promotion to get people attached to her and have a reason to connect with her singing, or someone would have to do all the work for her and transform her into something shocking, new, and interesting. That said, there's obviously always a chance, but I don't value her odds and hope she just does it for fun and to expand her set of talents.

There is no place for this kind of music in the big music business.

Shes got a good voice, but definitely needs a new genre to work with. She'd work better with a Hard rock act, sorta like Within Temptation's newest stuff.
    The kids pop rock genre died in the early 2000s, so shes a little late to this fad.

the camera man is really bad!!!!!!!!! they try 2 many stuff, i dont know get you point. its like every

She cant lip sync, she has no hope.

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    this doesn't really sound very 90's to me. She sounds more 2002 in my opinion in sort of a post-pop but still pop kind of way.

I don't sense any real artistic intent behind her music and it really just seems like she's just being trialed as someone with moderate talent and a young face. WIthout anything real to back her like that, she would need to be lucky (which most singers have to be to get where they are), be tied to some show or other marketable promotion to get people attached to her and have a reason to connect with her singing, or someone would have to do all the work for her and transform her into something shocking, new, and interesting. That said, there's obviously always a chance, but I don't value her odds and hope she just does it for fun and to expand her set of talents.
    I see, I guess that's mostly right though.

I would say less than 1% of all singers/bands have any type of success. I think the one thing Amercian Idol shows is even with millions of people getting to see you sing it doesn't always translate into record sales and you still need good music to actually pull it off. That song while not bad isn't it. I don't think she needs to change genres but try to write or find a song that simplier better.