Poll: Pvp?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've never been the kind of person who gets into PvP.. not going to bore you with my gaminglife story as to why that is.
    Buuuut.. I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from at least giving GW2's a TRY. I mean, I doubt it will be my main focus, but I'm sure it will eat up a decent chunk of my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I've never been the kind of person who gets into PvP.. not going to bore you with my gaminglife story as to why that is.
    Buuuut.. I don't think I'll be able to stop myself from at least giving GW2's a TRY. I mean, I doubt it will be my main focus, but I'm sure it will eat up a decent chunk of my time.
    Same, PvP was never really a big interest of mine, but GW2 pvp looks like warhammer online's pvp, so i will definitely be giving it a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    To say that PvP has been put to the forefront in GW2 would be an understatement.
    out of curiosity, what gives you that impression?

Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I'm hoping it's somewhat like the old Warhammer outdoors RvR with the castles and siege weapons (mostly WvWvW though). If anyone played that back when it was in its prime, you know that there were some good times to be had!

errrr, i hope not. Warhammer Online's RvR was okay. maybe it's because on my server (Prague) the Order played like scared little girls and would just rather trade keeps and just zerg. and then there was the lag fest at keeps and the schizophrenic balancing they tried to do of the classes. WAR's pvp was great in concept but poor in execution also having dual opposing factions is not the way to go especially given faction population ratios.

on a personal note, i hated having to hunt down players to pvp against and if i went for more than 30 mins in a contested zone without encountering 1 opposing faction player, even going to their hubs, i just got demoralized and logged. my friends got me to play WAR because they bragged about how it will be awesome as it was being made by the same company that made DAOC, but even they could not stay past the 3 month mark. i think that GW2 will be the only MMO since DAOC to be like DAOC in concept and hopefully execution. really looking forward to making WvWvW my new home come release.
    "Cherish the quiet...before my STORM!"

For a $5/5000 in-game credit bonus for backing
    Star Citizen (MMO) or Squadron 42 (Single Player/Co-op) use my Referral code: STAR-3QDY-SZBG
    Star Citizen Video Playlist

Quote Originally Posted by Odeezee View Post
    out of curiosity, what gives you that impression?
    The developers' talk of eSports, the variety of PvP offered, and the combat system in general gave me that idea. Anet making decisions like allocating energy to dodge instead of all skills gives me hope that the game will be balanced well. The condition and boon system's strictly categorical status effects screams balance. Hell, there's even multiple viable PvP-based leveling methods planned for release.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that PvE is being neglected, we've seen evidence of their desire to create challenging content through the Dungeons, World Bosses, and the normal Dynamic Events of all things.
    Last edited by Barrowmore; 2011-11-06 at 02:42 PM.