Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As appreciation for the news yet again, /hug. =)Looking forward to 4.3 and heard Darkmoon Faire is around now for testing, think I'll pop in and check it out. =)

If your downloading slowly you might wanna check if it is set to not throttle the download speed in the settings.

Doesn't Blizz give us about a 2 week heads up on patches whit the announcement of the arena seasons ending? So IE we have to wait for them to say that B4 we can start guessing a patch drop date?

Hey, not sure where this should be posted, but Darkmoon Faire is up on this build. The island is active, and the fez monkey is awesome looking.

Well done Blizzard for proving you are petrified of SWTOR - this patch is nowhere near ready for release and you still want to beat The Old Republic's release date. Silly, silly move.

Deleted
    why isn't it ready?

look at it this way, at least it`ll be out before Christmas. yay?

No wonder I have had lag for 3 days now. LOL

Deleted
    Actually, nii, blizzard has always let us download the patch in smaller parts weeks before the release as soon as they have most of the patch content ready to speed things up, or would you rather download a big patch file on release date? this way they only have to add a very small patch on patch day and everyone is happy. of course you may feel free to stop the downloader from downloading anything now and just wait for the release day to start downloading, if you feel this is a smarter move.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    What I would like to understand is why I had a 15.3Gb download?

This is a huge content patch! Probably on par with a bluray DVD with all the crappy extras.
    It's not 15.3 GB.

Your reading it wrong. It's giving you the total size including the 4.3 pre-patch and also including the patch data you've already downloaded.

If it say's it's "Downloading 14.6 of 15.2 GB" This means it's already got 14.6 GB of it and only needs to download around 800 MB to bring it up to roughly 15.2 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Arganaut View Post
    Is there anyway to reduce the size of your WOW folder? Mine is currently at 33.8GB? Can we delete previous patches?
    Delete the updates folder and let it re-build in a smaller size.

I just downloaded a patch but it was like 800 mb only. and it didnt say 4.3.0 so what the hell did i just download ? it says WoW is Up To Date atm.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'd say patch on live realms in... 3-4 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ButterToast View Post
    I just downloaded a patch but it was like 800 mb only. and it didnt say 4.3.0 so what the hell did i just download ? it says WoW is Up To Date atm.
    You downloaded some data that Blizz are done with for the upcoming patch. They do it like that so you can download the actual patch faster when its released, so you dont have to download everything on the patch day.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure the patch will hit live servers in couple of weeks - 16 November

Deleted
    usually new patch has come couple weeks after the background downloader oppoturnity.

Horray! Anyone else thinks that 7th December ( 1 year of Cataclysm ) could be a great date to hit live?

PATCH 4.3 RELEASE PREDICTIONS NOV. 29th. What do you think?

Deleted
    Predicted first week of December months ago and i still stand by that guess.

I expect it to be released sometime before the 20th of dec. in all honesty. I've said that for.. quite a while now. Here's to hoping i dont get flamed again for having "no proof" -_- But yeah, I still say this patch is "supposed" to be blizzards answer to the release of tor, and every holiday release in general, to try and sucker players into playing for a little longer vs switching to tor/other games.

Deleted
    i think its released next week