10+ Year Old Account

"Recent Forum Posts" are ruining the new subforums

As someone who posts almost exclusively in the GW2 subforum, I'm getting quite sick of half our threads being hijacked by people too dumb to realise what forum they are posting in. Someone will make a thread asking a question about GW2 it will appear on the front page and immediately 6 people reply with a Wow answer.

Would it be possible to either add icons next to the link so people will know what game it is?

Or make it more obvious that people can customise what it shows.
    Like a "show only wow posts" checkbox in a similar manner to the old off topic checkbox.

It would be nice to have some sort of indicator to what subforum the post is referring to. That way we can keep the blind posting to a minimum. Or at least have the default setting to the Warcraft only posts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we agree that it can be a little confusing right now. The problem with blanket-removing them from the front page by default is that the forums die -- without seeing recent posts from those forums, a lot of people would never realize that the non-wow forums even exist.

The current plan is to add icons to the recent posts list in order to make it easy to distinguish them, either forum-level icons or category-level icons (wow / OT / classes / swtor / rift / etc).

Selection of icons and such is underway, but I'm not sure exactly when you'll see the finished product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks Sunshine

If you're adding icons can I suggest you place them next to the titles. Currently the "What's new?" box does show the particular forum the title belongs to in text form, but it is on the opposite side of the screen and is not obvious at a quick glance which title is on the same row as sub-forum titles.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    you're likely wrong, and we don't care anyway.
    Source