Thread: Links to GW1

Deleted

Links to GW1

I'm immensely excited for GW2 but one of the things I'm looking forward to are hopeful links and references to GW1 characters and events, like Gwen, Devona,Mhenlo, Eve and Cynn. Whether this is done in a dungeon that is based of the underworld or some readable lore somewhere in game would be awesome and similar ways to find out about the searing,defeating the titans, the dwarves sacrifice. Maybe a way to link some items in your home instance such as books that explain the story from the perspective of one of your GW1 characters assuming you have one and if you don't the text is nameless and describes a forgotten hero?

What links or references would like to see to GW1? the same cheesy but awesome titles? characters and events? or would you rather the lore was left a mystery and only the present/future of the GW universe was focused on?

Ignore my first post if you read it :L Apparently i cant read.

Hmm i really hope something comes from the hall of monuments, even if its just cosmetic stuff.
    Really hope there is some Kurzick + Luxon hatred still going on aswell.
    I know Temple of Ages will be in GW2 hoping FOW and UW will still be available as missions you can do/farm.
    As for titles, it would be nice if you got a title for getting HoM stuff or collecting titles in the first series.
    Last edited by rzy; 2011-11-01 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    I know about the wiki, I've parts I'm interested in, that's not what this thread was about, maybe you should re-read my post again.

Quote Originally Posted by black-morph View Post
    I know about the wiki, I've parts I'm interested in, that's not what this thread was about, maybe you should re-read my post again.
    Haha yeah i refreshed and re-read...my bad, changed my post haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by black-morph View Post
    What links or references would like to see to GW1? the same cheesy but awesome titles? characters and events? or would you rather the lore was left a mystery and only the present/future of the GW universe was focused on?
    Mhenlo and Cynn's baby and descendants!
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Mhenlo and Cynn's baby and descendants!
    Also this. Mhenlo was such a baws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    Also this. Mhenlo was such a baws.
    Don't forget about Cynn!! Easily my favorite henchie!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Mhenlo and Cynn were my favorite henchies, nothing beats a healer and an elementalist

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Mhenlo and Cynn were my favorite henchies, nothing beats a healer and an elementalist
    How bout a healer and an elementalist that you can pick the build on? Mhenlo and Cynn tended to be ones I'd take whenever avalible till they let us use 7 heros at a time. now of corse I can bulld a full group however I please although the hero's comments are somewhat bland while cynn was downright snarky.

Personaly I'd love to find referances to the various hero's we could recruit or some of the major lore characters even if its just the ocasional loot item like "The Notched Blade of Koss" or something.

Who is John Galt?

I'm thinking there will be plenty of references to GW1. In the Charr starting event you have Duke Barradin already, and King Adelbern (*cough* douche *cough*) in the Ascalon Catacombs.

Edit: according to the wiki, all of the pre-searing class trainers are in the Catacombs apparently.
    Last edited by Aammadan; 2011-11-03 at 07:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aammadan View Post
    I'm thinking there will be plenty of references to GW1. In the Charr starting event you have Duke Barradin already, and King Adelbern (*cough* douche *cough*) in the Ascalon Catacombs.

Edit: according to the wiki, all of the pre-searing class trainers are in the Catacombs apparently.
    Mhenlo isn't.

Then Mhenlo must play a bigger role because he's too liked to let slide.

I already miss Eve you know, she was awesome and I hope she's at least referenced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Mhenlo isn't.
    Aidan (sp?) shouldn't, him along with eve, cynn, devona, and the rest of that group should be off on their adventures...
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

mhenlo as a 300yo immortal, leader of an unveiled 8th class?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    mhenlo as a 300yo immortal, leader of an unveiled 8th class?
    IMPOSSIBLE!! Mhenlo isn't a mesmer =P

Deleted
    Looking forward to /dance on Mhenlo's grave, he disappointed me too many times.

She was such a bitch. Always talkin shit ;p

Anyway they have already announced that references (and direct contact with the ghosts of characters from GW1) will be in GW2 so fear not we will still be seeing people like togo (probably) as a ghost with some text or voice acting xD it would be awesome if we got the original voice actors for togo and everyone else which were pretty terrible at best but still funny lol.

Btw person I am most looking forward to and I SO HOPE HE IS A PART OF THE WAR with the dragons is palawa joko such a badass necromancer xD even though I never played necro I just love him in the story, he can control legions of undead and they are faithful to him until death that's pretty epic. Reminds me of the lich king but I loved him way before arthas ;p

Now before you say herp derp he's dead remember he's a powerful necro and if I remember correctly he was risen from death once before (I may be dead wrong) but regardless I think it's possible for him to walk tyria once again and I would be disappointed if he didn't make an appearance in one way or another in GW2.

He is basically evil but also gets pissed if someone else is trying to take power, he wants to be the one to take over so I can see him helping us again.
    Last edited by I was drunk last night; 2011-11-05 at 02:53 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aidan (sp?) shouldn't, him along with eve, cynn, devona, and the rest of that group should be off on their adventures...
    I almost forgot about how entirely badass Aidan and Devona were...

IMPOSSIBLE!! Mhenlo isn't a mesmer =P
    /shoo

and don't forget he could be a Mo/Me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    /shoo

and don't forget he could be a Mo/Me
    Oh true... he could...