Tier 2 Raid Rifts for 1.6

So this thread is a work in progress, since these require rep and we need devs to spawn them. There are two new raid rifts. The difficulty is supposed to be par with Hammerknell 20man and require similar stats to take them down.

I was doing a story quest when I ran into a Fire rift, but the NPC's has 268,000! health. It looks like first phase is 3 pulls of three adds each with 286k health and mostly physical damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    The difficulty is supposed to be par with Hammerknell 20man and require similar stats to take them down but with a 20man raid you will likely brute force them down just as people do with the T1 raid rifts.
    Fixed that for you, since it's likely to be the case

HK difficulty? Intresting..

Originally Posted by Puremallace
    The difficulty is supposed to be par with Hammerknell 20man and require similar stats to take them down but with a 20man raid you will likely brute force them down just as people do with the T1 raid rifts.
    Fixed that for you, since it's likely to be the case
    I wouldn't be so sure. Case in point Scirrion.

Most especially that if they really are tier 2 requirements alot of people don't have the required hit, so they won't be able to just zerg it.

I'd bet that if these are indeed tier 2 (which they haven't yet said to my knowledge) then you are probably incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    I wouldn't be so sure. Case in point Scirrion.

Most especially that if they really are tier 2 requirements alot of people don't have the required hit, so they won't be able to just zerg it.

I'd bet that if these are indeed tier 2 (which they haven't yet said to my knowledge) then you are probably incorrect.
    They have stated that they are t2 raid rifts. And along with those come the new essences, which are already in game.

I honestly don't know how many players Raid Rifts are supposedly tuned for, I've always brute forced them since release...

expert rifts were 5-man content and raid rifts were 10-man content. but you could bring like half the server to them so... eh, kind of a failed concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    expert rifts were 5-man content and raid rifts were 10-man content. but you could bring like half the server to them so... eh, kind of a failed concept.
    Yea, even if they tune them for 20 people (which is what everyone uses anyways) if they proved difficult I could easily see just trading rifts with a 2nd 20 man group and 40 man wafflestomping this down. Doubt it would be neccesary but either way I look forward to these new rifts and 1.6 in general.
    Farewell WoW Pandaland
    Intel i5 2.67 OC 3.3ghz | ATI 6950 850mhz OC 920Stable 950 Push 1000Insane

Quote Originally Posted by Magisleeper View Post
    Yea, even if they tune them for 20 people (which is what everyone uses anyways) if they proved difficult I could easily see just trading rifts with a 2nd 20 man group and 40 man wafflestomping this down. Doubt it would be neccesary but either way I look forward to these new rifts and 1.6 in general.
    actually, before the nerf to the fire raid rift that is more or less what would happen. 2 guilds would work to keep the boss in the 3rd (or 4th?) stage in combat while everyone ran back from the rez point. because there was an instant death mechanic in that stage. it was nerfed several times to get the DRR into the state it is in now on live. but for a small window of time, the fire raid rift was nearly impossible for a 10-man team.

players always outfox developer intentions when a game goes live.

The first incarnation of the Fire Raid Rift was pretty difficult and was enjoyable, the first 'nerf' made it almost impossibly difficult and then the next nerf made it an absolute joke that a team of blind puppies wearing earplugs could do. The next nerf made it even easier, if that were possible.
    I actually liked Raid Rifts when they were even vaguely in the realm of what you would call challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    The first incarnation of the Fire Raid Rift was pretty difficult and was enjoyable, the first 'nerf' made it almost impossibly difficult and then the next nerf made it an absolute joke that a team of blind puppies wearing earplugs could do. The next nerf made it even easier, if that were possible.
    I actually liked Raid Rifts when they were even vaguely in the realm of what you would call challenging.
    I remember passing on of those things when they came out, no one got near it unless you belonged to the that opened it.