Deleted

question about LK 25 HC.

well, on my realm i tried over 10x pugging LK 25 HC but the randoms seem to fail all the time :S so, my question is, is it doable with 10 players? if it is, with how many healers? or even if it is with less, tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by arcee View Post
    well, on my realm i tried over 10x pugging LK 25 HC but the randoms seem to fail all the time :S so, my question is, is it doable with 10 players? if it is, with how many healers? or even if it is with less, tell me.
    Honestly I wouldn't try it with less than 20ish. You probably could do it with less, but I've been taking a full 25man group in every week, and I'm pretty sure the biggest problem you would have is the Val'kyr, since you'd almost for sure lose 3 people each time. Even with a full group of people that know what they're doing we still can lose 5-7 people because of the val'kyr, although this last week we had enough ranged dps to push him without having to worry about any Valks.

on my realm, a really well known Blood DK leads a pug every week and makes sure to get LK H 25 down. he fills up every spot of the pug because every bit of dps counts even at max level. just explain to them this strategy:

P1 - same strategy that was used at lvl 80. he makes 2 raid warning macros to spam when shadow traps drop, 1 for melee, 1 for ranged. the traps are usually what catches most puggers off guards and can wipe the fight this early on. healers should have no problem topping off everyone for infest. people HAVE TO move on top of the big add (shambling horror) and healers need to cleanse necrotic plague.

transition - clean up any ghouls and a shambling horror if you can (necrotic plague will still be up on this phase so people need to stack on the big add like before), focus down the mirror adds that spawn. make sure 1-2 is killing ALL ice orbs this entire transition ESPECIALLY when it's time to move back in for p2. seen it so many times that people run straight into an orb that wasn't killed.

P2 - this is where EVERYONE BLOWS ALL THEIR DPS COOLDOWNS. lust and all offensive cooldowns should be focused on the LK at this time. as sucky as it is for people who get picked by Valks, dps should ignore them and continue to nuke the LK so that the next transition can happen quicker. obviously have a macro telling everyone to spread out for defile ready to spam when he's about to cast it. with good dps you should only have 2 valkyre groups spawn.

transition - same as the last one, 1 extra add. again, make sure frost orbs are going down. no necrotic plague to worry about.

P3 - from here or in it's cake. kill any mirror spirts or whatever they're called and then focus on the LK. in the Frostmourne room, move together as a group and have the heals keep everyone up, shouldn't be too hard. as soon as you're getting out of Frostmourne, spread for defile. avoid the spirit mobs that spawn outside Frostmourne too as they can hit hard, defensive cds help. ranged can kill them too if they're able to. repeat until he reaches 10% and you win.

as long as people follow this strat even with 25 people it shouldn't be too hectic. if people are constantly detonating shadow traps or standing in defile then give them a warning or boot and replace.

To Bloodgutter: What I do in my raids is during both transitions, I have melee on the raging spirits and keep ranged dps on LK himself and focus on spheres of course. This usually cuts off another 15% health per transition phase, and if we have alot of casters we hit heroism during the first transition to lessen how many Val'kyr we get.

Bloodgutter is basically correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkavar View Post
    To Bloodgutter: What I do in my raids is during both transitions, I have melee on the raging spirits and keep ranged dps on LK himself and focus on spheres of course. This usually cuts off another 15% health per transition phase, and if we have alot of casters we hit heroism during the first transition to lessen how many Val'kyr we get.
    wow I never though of that, that's an amazing tip. will try it next week!

Quote Originally Posted by BloodGutter View Post
    wow I never though of that, that's an amazing tip. will try it next week!
    You have to be careful though and not have the ranged too close. There's maybe a 2-3 yard part of the radius that's close enough to dps but far enough away from the Chill damage he's channeling, and don't have ranged stacked on the same spot either.

Deleted
    thanks guys..
    so, and what about Halion 25 hc guys?

Deleted
    It's doable with 25. Did it with my first PUG on the first try. Went really well.

Quote Originally Posted by arcee View Post
    thanks guys..
    so, and what about Halion 25 hc guys?
    It still sucks. You still need a decent group of people to do that, and I haven't found one yet. Twilight cutters will still kill people if they don't pay attention and you need decent add control in the Physical realm to boot.

When puggin, I would not attempt it with much less than 20. We usually use four to five healers. Depending on specs with high health pools today, infest can be a real issue. We usually have 18 dps and even then can lose people to valks cause of pugs on our low process server.

I have been leading one every week since August to farm my and a friends legendaries(which I got last week). I do it similar to alkavar, having all ranged fan out just on the edge of the main platform taking up about 90 degrees of the circle to limit the chained damage and nuking LK. All melee get as many of the ragings down as the can. Have one person kill orbs.

We pop hero during the first transition cause pugs never do the valks right. If you have a real solid ranged group, he can easily be taken to 50% or lower during the transition. We then burn him leaving any ragings up. Most often we can push the phase and have the outer rim respawn before the valid drop people(I do stun/slow them). But I never have people try to dps them. We do the same in the second transition.

For the room though, I have found and pug healers agree, just have the raid spread out and do their best to dodge/pop persona/raid CDs. The stack method with iffy pugs seems to cause more damage than just taking the bombs on an individual basis now. Make sure you LK tank hits a cd just before it's over, the spike damage when you come out can be surprising. Have everyone scatter after you come out too, he will always defile immediately when you come out.

We usually get one set of valks, one time in the room, and one set of vile spirits. In my opinion, the best way to remove the harder mechanics for the less aware pugs you may have while taking advantage of dps and higher health pools.
    Last edited by Guano; 2011-11-06 at 05:26 PM.