Question: Do you use the minimap? Etc in pve?

I have never really thought of it myself until now.. Do I really use the minimap in pve encounters? Like REALLY use it? To look at it and know "Ok it's that way" ?

I have thought of removing the minimap and get more space. I like a clean big UI.

Whats your point of view on this?
    Do you guys use your mini map for specific encounters?

Thanks in advance

Sure, especially as healer when looking for some player. Very usefull on fights where people are completely scattered like alistrazor or shannox.

Deleted
    I have a minimalistic UI and I do have my mini-map on to see where people are. For example to quickly see who is on the other side of a boss etc (10 man).

I can understand as a healer it might be needy, but as a melee dps class? Hmmm .. I really having my doubts. Only thing I can think of is to know where some points are like on alyz.

Deleted
    Sure, especially as healer when looking for some player. Very usefull on fights where people are completely scattered like alistrazor or shannox.
    imo, it takes too long to look at an out of range person on ui, then look at minimap to find out where they are. Just set your heal ui (blizz/vuhdo/grid/healbot) to show you the direction and if possible distance of out of range players when you hover over.

On Topic, only when explaining tactics.

10+ Year Old Account
    sure.

it usually shows player objectives on it. I know in SOTA it shows you where demos are, but I forget what else I used it for. Ah well.

But yes, I use it pretty frequently.

Sometimes, as a healer, to keep an eye where my focus/target has wandered when I wasn't paying attention. But for most of the time it's just there being useless.

Quote Originally Posted by z0mg View Post
    I have a minimalistic UI and I do have my mini-map on to see where people are. For example to quickly see who is on the other side of a boss etc (10 man).
    This. After years of PvP as a feral/hunter I learned to use the minimap always, even if I can only see my own team mates on my rogue. It's worth it, and I stress a minimalistic UI to my friends. There should be addons to hide it though, if you so choose.

In that note, I do NOT use it to find my way through places. I prefer the whole map with 'M' on those occasions that I'm lost lol.
    || Ducivo ||

Quote Originally Posted by Tooth View Post
    I have never really thought of it myself until now.. Do I really use the minimap in pve encounters? Like REALLY use it? To look at it and know "Ok it's that way" ?

I have thought of removing the minimap and get more space. I like a clean big UI.

Whats your point of view on this?
    Do you guys use your mini map for specific encounters?

Thanks in advance
    The number of times I've had DKs, Druids or Warlocks yell out "WHERE ARE YOU!?" when trying to battleres and I've had to reply, "Look on the friggin' minimap man!"...

It's useful for healers, and trying to find people to battleres. Also has its uses when assigning directional sides on new bosses (although alot of people are still awful at east and west!).
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Quote Originally Posted by Syphess View Post
    imo, it takes too long to look at an out of range person on ui, then look at minimap to find out where they are. Just set your heal ui (blizz/vuhdo/grid/healbot) to show you the direction and if possible distance of out of range players when you hover over.

On Topic, only when explaining tactics.
    if you know one that will list direction and distance that would be great to know.

i'm the same way it takes too long to target a person and find them on the minimap.

Deleted
    its good for tracking focus, and pinging incoming reinforcements

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Helps to ping a dead body when a b-res is needed or to run to someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, often. Especially since you can track your focus and target specifically now.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a baddie. I use it every damn week to make sure I'm on my half of Alysrazor eating my worms.