Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

War for the North [War SRP Sign-Up]

With the destruction of Hammerfall and the retaking of Stromgarde, the Alliance once again has a staging point for retaking the northern Eastern Kingdoms. After journeying south to Stormwind to rally support for the continuation of the war, Thorlin Thunderhammer, leader of the Thunderhammer Army, once again heads to the front of the war. Joined by his powerful allies, The Blitz Mercenaries, and the new Alliance "Army of the North", Thorlin seeks to reclaim lost Alliance territories and bring the war to the Horde's doorstep.
    But it wont be quite as easy this time. While they were caught unawares in the initial battle of the war, the Horde have realized the threat from the south and have turned their eyes eastward, awaiting the Alliance. Horde destroyers have began patrolling the seas south of Hillsbrad, and a Forsaken army has been marshaled to fight the Alliance assault coming from the east.
    The battlefield has been set, and the wheels of war have been put into motion. All that awaits now is for the deadly game of chess to begin, and for the pieces to fall where they may.

((This is part three of the war campaign that began with "The Highlands" thread. You can join for the Alliance or the Horde, or a neutral party wanting to benefit off the war. You can join as a temporary character, or as an already made character with a biography. You can also join with a faction, but you must post exactly what you are bringing, troop numbers, troop types, etc.
    Also there are posting rules. There is no posting order, but if you join the thread you must be able to post at least 2-3 times a week. If you take a position of importance in the thread, and you dont post for 6 days, then you will be GM'ed in a way appropriate to the situation. Also, if you must leave for a period of time, make sure to tell someone in the thread so that the necessary measures can be taken to keep the thread moving until you return.
    If a disagreement arises in the thread, please try to settle it maturely rather than just leaving the thread. For any other questions either post in this thread or send me a PM.))

Forces for the Alliance- Staging from Stromgarde

I.
    Army of the North- Field Marshal Aethar of Divine Might
    1. Around 26,000 soldiers. This includes steam tanks, gryphons, Knights, ships and other things.

2. Thunderhammer Army- Thorlin Thunderhammer
    1600 veteran soldiers,
    80 Tanks,
    30 Anti Air vehicles,
    40 Artillery guns,
    40 Fighter Planes,
    10 Bombers

3. Blitz Mercenaries- Richard Feildwright, Ryan Tate
    400 Warriors of varying skill
    30 highly trained priests and alchemists

Exodian

And other "unnamed" forces.

Forces for the Horde- Staging from Tarren Mill

I
    . Forsaken Army- ((Command is open for the taking))
    1. 18,000 Forsaken soldiers. This includes footmen, abominations, and other Forsaken units.

Vianne Lioncrest- Crimson Lions,
    Warmistress Avrah,
    Valine Dawnreaver,
    Miltharion,
    Kelara of the Forsaken,

And other "unnamed" forces.

Other Forces-

Arkaah and the Twilight's Hammer,
    Melrose and the Scarlet Remnant,
    Jaspero and his mercenaries,

(( Will edit as needed. ))
    Last edited by Vadoor; 2011-11-07 at 08:54 PM. Reason: edited to add people to sides

10+ Year Old Account
    Richard Feildwright, Ryan Tate and their faction the Blitz Mercenaries will be there with 400 warriors of varying skills and 30 highly trained priests and alchemists. Cale Both, Brad Willington squads will not be accompanying due to increased aggression of the Blackrocks near the Blitz Headquarters.

Deleted
    First it though to join this but now i see the numbers ur using 27.000 - 18.000 ? quite unfair for the horde even with people joining in on their side

Well, I forgot Arkaah (and those disguised as Horde) at Faldir's Cove in the Highlands thread, so if you don't mind, I'd like to come in with my Twilight's Hammer guys. Since you seem to have Horde Warships defending against sea attack, that'll work just fine, since my Twilight guys came in on vessels disguised as Horde ships. We could easily recieve backing from more ships, and move in from a two-pronged attack. One group can stage their attack from Faldir's Cove, and the other from southern Hillsbrad, and each aimed at the Alliance and Horde, respectively. Not to forget, Twilight spies in both the Alliance's and Horde's ranks.

Although, it's ultimately down to you. Also, if you need numbers, I'll supply them.

Deleted
    Not sure if I would really call that unfair, since the forsaken has the ability to bring back their fallen foes. So their numbers would be replenished as the fighting goes on. And from my guesses the Forsaken are very adopt with various poisons and matters of that so I think they could very easy match the alliance strength.

But that's just my opinion It's among the reasons I don't like the forsaken in the first place. They cheat!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazat View Post
    Not sure if I would really call that unfair, since the forsaken has the ability to bring back their fallen foes. So their numbers would be replenished as the fighting goes on. And from my guesses the Forsaken are very adopt with various poisons and matters of that so I think they could very easy match the alliance strength.

But that's just my opinion It's among the reasons I don't like the forsaken in the first place. They cheat!
    But the rate of ressurections isn't going to be super fast. It was said at Blizzcon that they only had 4 (or was it 5?) Val'kyr left, and most of the superior ones were already dead.

Deleted
    indeed 3 already sacraficed their self for sylvannas

Quote Originally Posted by sáfarie View Post
    indeed 3 already sacraficed their self for sylvannas
    4* + 1 that we killed
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Deleted
    Ohh wasn't aware they had so few Now I will go and grab a celeberation cake just for that.

Still wouldn't really count out the Forsaken just because of numbers. They are quite... annoying bastards

Exodion will join.

Smiting dem deaders is his favourite hobby.

Deleted
    My caravan will be encamped at the Darrow hills, we are neutral.. for a while. First to get there got me on their side. I will come as 'Jaspero'.

My Caravan:
    100 merc warriors
    50 field engineers
    75 Saboteurs
    20 builders(for the caravan you know)

The ship on the coast:
    200 merc warriors
    20 canons which the ship is armed with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    Well, I forgot Arkaah (and those disguised as Horde) at Faldir's Cove in the Highlands thread, so if you don't mind, I'd like to come in with my Twilight's Hammer guys. Since you seem to have Horde Warships defending against sea attack, that'll work just fine, since my Twilight guys came in on vessels disguised as Horde ships. We could easily recieve backing from more ships, and move in from a two-pronged attack. One group can stage their attack from Faldir's Cove, and the other from southern Hillsbrad, and each aimed at the Alliance and Horde, respectively. Not to forget, Twilight spies in both the Alliance's and Horde's ranks.

Although, it's ultimately down to you. Also, if you need numbers, I'll supply them.
    I wouldn't mind the spies. Would actually make things much more interesting. I see that the Twilight "Horde" were still left in the cove but in our time line about 2 months will have passed since then and the League would of made to set Faldir's Cove back up as a port for Stromgarde. So not sure how to proceed here. I guess just wait for Vadoor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my reasoning for the Forsaken and Alliance numbers. The 18000 the Forsaken are bringing have all fought before, so they aren't green. And also the Forsaken dont have as large of a pool of soldiers to pull from, but they can ressurect soldiers from the battlefield. As for the Alliance, 10000 of the soldiers have only been through basic training, and have had no real combat experience, the other half are the ones that fought in the previous thread.

And yes that's fine Elyaan. Just make sure that your troops are aware that Stromgarde is well into the rebuilding phase, so you might have to choose a different place to hide out.

Deleted
    In case the Frostwolf get involved at some point (it is awfully close to Alterac so I expect they would), I can bring in Warmistress Avrah for (less than) glorious slaughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a chance of Frostwolf involvement, depends on what the Horde side does during the course of the battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you think I had forgotten?

Did you think you were safe?

Did you pretend that you petty alliance officers had won this battle for supremacy?

You fools have played directly into our hands.
    By taking help and support from the house of Nobles, MY house I might add, you have given us the support we have needed to retake our place as part of the Alliance.

While you were gathering assistance from the south I have been calling in favours from the North!

Stand in awe as the pure unadulterated power of the Scarlet Remnant makes itself known to the world once more!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde forces are still open for leadership, as well as the Alliance.

Reading through your previous "The Highlands" thread opened my eyes to how fun a war rp could be and inspired me to actually try to get into rping here on mmo-champion. If you are willing to allow a forum newbie into your game, I would like to bring my Blood Elf Vianne Lioncrest to the table along with her Crimson Lions cavalry to the Horde side. I will have the write-ups for both her and the Lions ready in the next day or so.
    Last edited by Vianne; 2011-11-07 at 02:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes that fine, and welcome to the MMO-C roleplaying forum

Deleted
    I changed my mind with more people in, as same as the highlands thread i will take valine dawnreaver in as a horde leader. depends if other people that join in the horde side wants also to be a leading position