Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    Hello.

All I wanted to say is those guys who left wow for swtor(and they are plenty), they were really bad players in wow.
    They will be bad in swtor so they will just do same as in wow, cry until game devs submit
    Hello sweeping generalizations. It's nice to see you again.

Signed,
    The 1% (12/12 HM) and leaving WoW for SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kegler View Post
    The problem for me is that the player base will have a large amount of Star Wars freaks who arent necessarily good gamers, and they will want things changed to be more accurate to the movies than perhaps will be logical game-wise.
    i like star wars, to the point where i own a pretty good chunk of the released novels, have framed darth vader art on my wall and am happily married with a child, am i a freak? you really should cool it with the negativity of your posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Trollsbane, Jedi sodomist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh, the worst part of the wow community is people constantly saying "OMG the wow community is so bad, everyone's an idiot, QQ'er, ..."

Try being friendly to the community, it usually helps.

Besides, it's not like the swtor.com forum is the pinnacle of human society
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

one word -> Epic

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    Tbh, the worst part of the wow community is people constantly saying "OMG the wow community is so bad, everyone's an idiot, QQ'er, ..."

Try being friendly to the community, it usually helps.

Besides, it's not like the swtor.com forum is the pinnacle of human society
    Uummm, no.

Some people tire of the chuck norris, anal, xbox 360, etc, etc, etc... on and on, mental midget spam that goes on in public channels such as "trade" that is there for the sole reason of ... wait for it.... Trade.

Some people tire of the, go, go, go mentality in dungeons. Or the, "You don't know this fight?!?" initiate vote kick attitude (btw, I'm the guy that knows the fight, doesn't allow the vote kick to happen and takes the time to explain the fight).

No one has a problem with the friendly people in the WoW community, it's the dregs that everyone is referring to when complaining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Weerra View Post
    Yes, videos overhype the games to insane amounts. They look so much cooler than the game itself that the game becomes a disappointment.
    I don't think you get it. Most of the official trailers, not including the cinematic trailers, I would say underhype the game, not overhrype. The static, non moving players swinging their lightsabers at each other, lower graphic presentations, the slow trickle of information about the game are all opposites of "hype".

---------- Post added 2011-11-16 at 02:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seanali View Post
    Hello.

All I wanted to say is those guys who left wow for swtor(and they are plenty), they were really bad players in wow.
    They will be bad in swtor so they will just do same as in wow, cry until game devs submit
    Hello.

All I wanted to say is:

I WANNA BE THE VERY BEST
    LIKE NO ONE EVER WAS
    TO CATCH THEM IS MY REAL TEST
    TO BUY THEM IS ANOTHER CAUSE

I WILL TRAVEL ACROSS AZEROTH
    SEARCHING FAR AND WIDE
    EACH COMPANION TO UNDERSTAND
    THE POWER THAT'S INSIDE

PANDARIA

GOTTA CATCH EM ALLLL

Those who left WoW for SW:TOR know exactly why they are leaving. How dare you impose any reason other than their own. Just because Azeroth will be empty for you, unless you live in China when SW:TOR releases doesn't mean you have to rain on our parade. Don't feel sad though. WoW has something other than end-game raids to entertain the "hardcores" such as your self. PANDARIMON!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuboid View Post
    To be honest, anything is going to be a step up from the WoW community. So many unpleasant people playing this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by agnarr View Post
    Uummm, no.

Some people tire of the chuck norris, anal, xbox 360, etc, etc, etc... on and on, mental midget spam that goes on in public channels such as "trade" that is there for the sole reason of ... wait for it.... Trade.

Some people tire of the, go, go, go mentality in dungeons. Or the, "You don't know this fight?!?" initiate vote kick attitude (btw, I'm the guy that knows the fight, doesn't allow the vote kick to happen and takes the time to explain the fight).

No one has a problem with the friendly people in the WoW community, it's the dregs that everyone is referring to when complaining about it.

The real irony in what both of you say, and what is repeated a lot on these boards, is that most people don't realize that they directly influence any community; either by their action or inaction. The dregs that exist are allowed to exist....by the community.

The question isn't whether there are going to be d-bags in ToR, since d-bags exist everywhere. The question is what are you going to do to make the game, or more specifically your server better despite the d-bags?

Deleted
    ill wait a month or two to buy it so they can iron out all the problems

Quote Originally Posted by krono957 View Post
    i like star wars, to the point where i own a pretty good chunk of the released novels, have framed darth vader art on my wall and am happily married with a child, am i a freak? you really should cool it with the negativity of your posts
    If it helps though, he's not saying what you think he's saying. He's pointing out that there are a lot of fans who eschew a balanced game with good mechanics for "realism" (as much a realism as you can derive from a movie about force and aliens..).

If you've been on official forums, you'd be taken aback at how many posts there are by hardcore SW fans asking to drastically change class mechanics "because that's unrealistic" or it doesn't fit into what they think Star Wars should be. Examples include "why can't I kill people instantly with my lightsaber?" and "why don't snipers have 100 meter range???". Real posts, by the way. With several hundred long threads of people discussing heatedly why it should be so.

Point being, there are a lot of people flocking to SWTOR, with no understanding of game mechanics but a love for the IP. Which is fine in itself, but has a strong tendency for them to get frustrated, nerdrage and/or make things difficult for other players by... well playing badly. Because "it's their 14.99 a month", as many players think nowadays :\