Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Lurking around the past few months, I've seen serious requests for
    1. 100m range for snipers (and NOT even gunslingers btw, just the imperial agents) "because snipers IRL shoot from long range". Spawned a few dozen pages of serious discussion.
    2. Keeping beta characters for release
    3. Instant kill lightsabers/intentionally OP force classes
    Among many others.
    1 and 3 actually make a certain amount of sense if you buy Bioware's "Put the RPG into MMORPG" stuff. In an MMO, it's most important to have balance, but you can make a strong case that in an RPG it's more important for Snipers to feel like snipers and Jedi to feel like Jedi.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierst View Post
    As for launch/first month.... I want to take my time with the quests, but I have the nagging feeling that if I don't get the first few quests (or even questing area) out of the way in the time I have for early-access, it will be so hard to do with the massive influx of release-date players that I'll have to try at 4 in the morning to even click the questgiver.
    Which is why Bioware instanced the starting area and also why most guilds will automaticly be put on certain servers.

Ofcourse after the starting area and once those that buy the game on release date/get it with Xmass will start popping up it will be a hell for the first month until their gametime is up and they find out this kind of MMO isn't for them.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2011-11-08 at 12:49 AM.

double post :X
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2011-11-08 at 09:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chastity View Post
    1 and 3 actually make a certain amount of sense if you buy Bioware's "Put the RPG into MMORPG" stuff. In an MMO, it's most important to have balance, but you can make a strong case that in an RPG it's more important for Snipers to feel like snipers and Jedi to feel like Jedi.
    Yet they still want to balance the game, so its a big no to that.

... what the. Where did my post go??? This forum seems to swallow up posts more often than any other I've been to. weird...

Anyway, yeah I was replying that the RPG part shouldn't be taken a bit too far out of context. imagine getting sniped at from say, Mage tower while you're in Fel Reaver Ruins in EOTS. that would be... lame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Booniehat View Post
    Imagine getting sniped at from say, Mage tower while you're in Fel Reaver Ruins in EOTS. that would be... lame.
    That depends on your point of view though. If your point of view was, say, through the scope, I can imagine you wouldn't think it so lame

lol. I C WUT U DID THAR

10+ Year Old Account
    Crowded.

/5char
    -K

Deleted
    I'm hoping to get in a few days of playing before Christmas, finishing up playing on the 22nd, then take a week away. Hopefully some of the hysteria will have dies down. With my preorder and Early access that should give me enough time to get over the massive SWTOR boner building up, thus enabling me to enjoy the holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raeli View Post
    Either that or there will be so many people like that and they will just destroy any sense of community before it even gets off the ground - just look at the official forums, they're already terrible.

Although I do hope this isn't true and that what you say is how it will be, I do think though no cross realm features is the best course of action to at least try and help a sense of community, cross realm certainly does help anonymity and an idea of being able to do anything without consequence.
    The official forums is the worst place to judge. Remember, its free to create a SWTOR account. It costs money to buy and play SWTOR. Im not saying we wont have runglockers, but the sheer amount you see on the forums is purely due to the fact anyone can create an account right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    Which is why Bioware instanced the starting area and also why most guilds will automaticly be put on certain servers.

Ofcourse after the starting area and once those that buy the game on release date/get it with Xmass will start popping up it will be a hell for the first month until their gametime is up and they find out this kind of MMO isn't for them.
    :0 I heard the might phase the starting area but I didn't hear about it being instanced! Cheers for the info.

I certainly hope you're right about the last part. Not that I don't want to shove as much money back at Bioware so they keep putting out, but... "less is more" in some cases. Ahah...

The first month will be awesome...and busy...200 hours first month?

Actually, my significant other and I have a running bet - we bet that it might actually be quite fun to resub to wow for the initial couple months SWTOR launches (not that we won't play SWTOR ofc!), simply because the whiners, kids, etc. are all going to flocking to the next big shiny.

It might actually be a nice community when they leave for a bit. And 4.3 looks so good for us casuals ... :P
    Last edited by Booniehat; 2011-11-09 at 06:26 PM.

Visual depiction of TOR's release history:

We're at rave reviews right now, and launch will go through saturation point and overhyped until people realize this game won't "kill WoW" and then we'll see the backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadee View Post
    Probably be like AoC and Rift. People will switch over, realize it sucks and go back to WoW. It will be dead in 6 months tops.
    Cool story bro, I bet your hoping there is a big influx of players so you won't be lonely in your Pokemon Pandamania.

What your missing is this game has a different following from those others. Even without any WoW players coming over, which alot are who cancelled ages ago due to the game simply lacking enjoyment anymore, there are Star Wars gamers (galaxies and beyond) and BW fans that are going to give this game a try due to the fact that it comes from an amazing publisher with a strong IP.

DON'T WORRY THOUGH, it is okay for another MMO to be in the market, it is better for all parties involved. I am sure there will still be several millions of players playing WoW when Pandamania sets in. I mean based on their trending and quarterly statement they will probably only lose another 2-3 million subs by mid next year. You keep that mind set that MoP is going to bring back 2-3 million players.

With TOR coming out in December and 6 other great MMOs slotted for 2012 we will see how Blizzard handles competition.

I dont get why one MMO game and it's gamers has to hate another like so many states.

WoW ppl will come and scream bla bla bla
    Are you infact so retarded that you think it's just WoW ppl that acts like that.
    I just have to say OMFG how stupid you are.

Sure som WoW maniacs might be doing it for a reson but in generally i think anyone that says: "this game suck i'm gonna quit!" is just out to see reactions.
    Hope is there will be someone saying: " Oooh noo dont quit come playing with me and my guild we are awesome"
    They use the feel bad for me instead of asking for help..

If your stories where true who are the ppl that write i'm gonna quit wow.. if they only do it in other games to start some hate wich players are typing same stuff in wow forums?

I belive that most ppl said it ones and maybe 1/5 typed it.. but they still play..why?? so far no other MMO has what it takes to compete with WoW.
    Swtor is a game i will try when this new game so cool hysteria has stoped and the game is stable.

I dont like the fact that just becous i'm gonna try it and if i dont like it i'm one of those ppl who been described so many times..
    I hope we have many MMO competing about players, then we get competition between companys and maybe games/gametime will be cheaper.

10+ Year Old Account
    :I Why does any one game in particular have to 'end' WoW?
    (they should live in harmony harmony harmony oh yeah)

15+ Year Old Account
    I think the first month is going to be exciting as more and more people sub and fall in love with this game.

I expect a few bugs here and there, and if you think it's going to be a flawless release you are seriously mistaken. There will be lag issues. It will be overpopulated in the starter zones, and you will be competing with other players for kills/quest items.

The community will generally be helpful but, as with any game, there will be those individuals who are inconsiderate, retarded, and immature. You will of course have people that constantly bash the game in general chat yet continue to play. You will also see the same questions asked 1 billion times in general chat. For example: When do I learn my AC? Or, when do I get my ship? Enter the people in the second part of the first sentence of this paragraph.

15+ Year Old Account
    It will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, but only in a ToR login screen:

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html