Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Only one I ever went to was for Cata, it was pretty awkward, people just standing far from eachother just waiting to get their games. I heard OOT 3D had a midnight launch party at some stores, but I didn't know so I didn't go, if I had known I would of been all over it.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've only ever been to 1 midnight opening. And I had a generally positive experience. My only complaint was that it was 20 fucking degrees outside, and even with all my layers that biting cold wind is still really fucking cold.

I'll probably go for the GW2 and MoP midnight releases since those are the only other games that I can see myself buying in the near future ON the release date.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

Deleted
    Definitely part of the experience. I was queing for the CE on Wrath launch, got home at around 00.30, installed the game and tried it out. Had school at 8 am.

I was a bit more prepared for Cata launch. 6h nap before, played untill 7 am. I actually went to school (from 8 till 16.00 -_-) the whole week.

Deleted
    Well I don't work so I've got the time,Missus takes me because I'm disabled,she loves it as much as I do seeing gamer girls the same as her with their boyfriends,husbands and that,she also loves the anticipation as well.

I would probably only really go to midnight releases with MMO and dynamic games like WoW, where the world and guildmates is moving without me being there

Quote Originally Posted by coldstrife View Post
    So is it for the jobless weirdos like myself or is it part of the fun of being a gamer?
    jobless = buy game? wut....

I've gone to 5 midnight releases. Most were just diehard fans, but yes, there were some weirdos. Overall, no, they were just for fans and not bad people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I would go to a midnight game release, as I rather be nice and comfy at home by that sort of time.

However, if anyone call you weird, bring up the argument of Harry Potter (the books) releases, countless children and parents are there to queue up for the late night release, they are all weirdo too.

I used to go to em, I'm a bit too sick now to leave the house - but Overall I find it's people who really want to show support for their game. Generally though, I found most people to have a full time job who go to these things, they just happen to take a few days off.

Some of them are weirdos, Some of them are families who play together{Like mine, We saw another group of 2 35ish year olds, with 2 15 year old kids and a couple of their friends all waiting outside for a WoW expansion}. It takes all types, Even saw a guy in a business suite who was just coming in from a long business meeting - he showed up about an hour early(we were there ~1.5 hrs early)

It's a lot of fun chatting with fellow gamers. It's a nice social experience, and you really get to see the people on the other side of the screen - really aren't that weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been at all WoW expansion midnight events (had no idea the Vanilla release had one) and I had a blast every time. I got the game early, I got to hang out with some really nice people, I got interviewed several times (one of the first in line every time, queued for about 8 hours ) and the hype was just awesome. The only one I won't go to is Diablo 3 considering I'll get a free digital copy. Midnight events are awesome, but for Diablo 3 I'd rather be able to chill out at home, stock up with soda and log in as soon as the servers go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

Deleted
    I was gonna go to the mw3 launch night, but steam offered me cod4 + mw3 for the same price as my local game store, so i bought off steam instead lol

I learned my lesson from black ops launch day, bought game, got home at 1am, put it into steam and couldnt play till it was unlocked in USA, so went to bed and played at 7am in the morning. Would have rather just stayed home and got some decent sleep the day before
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2011-11-06 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of the Oblivion games and I'm still going to the midnight release of Skyrim just to hang out with friends and LAN afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done it before, it can be fun, sometimes, but I don't like doing it on the REALLY big games.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Considering people wait even longer in lines for Black Friday deals to start for example, you can hardly call people who attend a midnight launch weird imo...

As for myself, never done one physically, though I did buy pre-buy the digital Cata and play it at midnight lol.

Would consider it, but typically am an early to bed type of person. I would probably with friends though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are always going to be creepers at places, for the most part they're fun though. I'm going for Skyrim for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I go to midnight releases when I can't wait till a reasonable time of day to buy the game. I could care less about the people there or the free stuff. I certainly don't go to them to socialize.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

OnT: I've never gone to a midnight release. It just don't really please me. I rather want to sleep to be alert in school then get my game on and play the shit out of the game after school. Instead of being tired afterwards and/or the whole day because I had to wait in line for a hour for a midnight release then go for a 20-30 minute drive home again. And I've never had any concern of being left behind because those people will have more perks because they are higher level or whatever. Because I'm most of the time good enough to kick their arses anyway

And lately I buy every good game online anyway so I can get it on midnight from home, I'm introvert like that.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

Yes, it's for weirdos. Like myself

Who happens to also be a gamer.

Depends on the game. I go to midnight releases for books all the time, and I know a lot of people who go to midnight showings of movies, so why should games be any different?
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

I do it, I will be doing it for AC:R and Skyrim. I've had nothing but good experiences from it. I always go with a few friends, and we just stand in line and BS with other gamers. It's actually quite nice, and I don't think the people that do it are weirdos. Also, last time I went to a midnight release, a gamestop employee came out and gave everyone free gatorade and doritos.

It was actually pretty boss.