Weapons and Professions, something that I find really strange.

So I was going through the list of available weapons for each profession.

Where the heck is the two handed axes?

I mean really, only greatsword for a ranger?
    Not even the warrior (The warrior is actually holding a really big axe on the profession screen) can use them.

I really love axes when it comes to melee weapons, and I'd prefer to not have to dual wield to be able to use axes :/

Deleted
    Well, atleast http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/ claims warriors can also use 2h swords. But there apparently aren't any 2h axes in the game and in that regards I agree with you; I too really love 2h axes and if/when I roll a warrior alt I'd love to wield one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was a bit "huh" when they didn't exist.
    But it might be something as simple as they won't add different weapons they want to at launch to make it less to ballance. Weapons is things they can add with expansions after all.

That is kind of strange, but maybe 2h axes and 2h swords (or greatswords) fall under the same category for some strange reason. I'm probably wrong, but I can hope, eh?

Deleted
    As mentioned before warriors can wield 2h swords, guardians as well. In addition to 2h maces. I was sad to find out there aren't any 2h axes too, would love that on a Charr Warrior. Hope they'll add that later on. The reason for it not being ingame is probably due to Arenanet also having to create 5 new warrior skills then who are different from DW axes and 2h sword.

Deleted
    I wouldn't mind if they made 2h sword and 2h axe in same category, with same skills etc just different looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll probably add them later. I mean, the Engineer actually gets less "real" weapons, and more "gadget/alchemical" weapons to make up for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great Axes function essentially the same as Hammers, they just have blades on the end. You can still smash and pummel people with great axes because that's how they work, they just cut a little bit of weight and direct the force more acutely.

What I'm trying to say is that their function is already covered by the Hammer and Greatsword, and are thus not really needed.

That I just think great axes are too brutish...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I was disappointed with the lack of greataxes, too, but with all that they already have to juggle with the plethora of weapons we do have, I can understand them dropping it. They may eventually add them in a future patch, though, so here's hoping.

Also, on kind of a side-note, in GW1, some of the skins were obscenely large for a one-handed weapon - the Fellblade, for instance, which was a one-hander in GW1, but is becoming a two-hander in GW2; some of the axe skins in GW2 may give the impression of a two-handed axe (Stygian Reaver, I'm looking at you).
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!
    The Light and How to Swing It

SWTOR Referral Link - get free stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard View Post
    I was disappointed with the lack of greataxes, too, but with all that they already have to juggle with the plethora of weapons we do have, I can understand them dropping it. They may eventually add them in a future patch, though, so here's hoping.

Also, on kind of a side-note, in GW1, some of the skins were obscenely large for a one-handed weapon - the Fellblade, for instance, which was a one-hander in GW1, but is becoming a two-hander in GW2; some of the axe skins in GW2 may give the impression of a two-handed axe (Stygian Reaver, I'm looking at you).
    If it's under 15 pounds and less than 4 feet long its a one hander.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

I hadn't even noticed, that's an interesting find. GW2's got some odd weapons like the Torch, Warhorn and Focus to make up for it, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got to keep in mind, that unlike other MMOs, Weapons dictate around 50% of your skills, adding another weapon would give them more work to add more skills. They can add weapons in expansions of course. They probably couldn't find a niche for a Great-axe to fill that wasn't already present, doesn't mean they can't come up with one in the future.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

So far it looks like the only axes are 1h weapons. But you can have skills like this:

2h sword seems to fit what a 2h axe would serve within the game. Just a matter of aesthetics, I guess.

Norn warrior definitely will be my class.

Like said before they will get added in later xpacs. It would be the best way to add new skills rather than changing the UI we have now. Kind of makes me wonder what other things they could add to other professions.

2H Sword/Axe should just fall under Great Weapons. We have no idea what items drop in the world, might be something we haven't seen yet.