Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would go with haste, as the majority of the heals you will use have a cast time.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with mastery until about average item level 380 or so, then switch to haste. Mastery is a lot more efficient than haste, but haste will give you higher throughput at the cost of efficiency.

15+ Year Old Account
    I found Mastery to be good up to a certain lvl, after that it will go towards a lot of overhealing. To go only Haste isn't an option either, to miss out too much on those hots, I found a balance is best.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try to balance your stats with priority to Spell Power, Mastery, Haste, then Crit since holy spells are mostly instant cast.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2011-11-14 at 03:12 AM.

Am I the only one who thinks haste is better, in 10 and 25man? I got 20% haste with our boomkin. My mastery is at 10,67 and I really don't think that I would need it, its usually at 50% overheal with my stats. Overheal with PoH, CoH and PoM is usually <20%. And I use Renew only on our Tanks, or in 5man hc.

Quote Originally Posted by TaKe View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks haste is better, in 10 and 25man? I got 20% haste with our boomkin. My mastery is at 10,67 and I really don't think that I would need it, its usually at 50% overheal with my stats. Overheal with PoH, CoH and PoM is usually <20%. And I use Renew only on our Tanks, or in 5man hc.
    You're definitely not the only one. I gear Haste primary, Spirit secondary, with whatever Spirit I don't need being reforged into Mastery. Of course, I have a couple haste/mastery pieces left baseline, too.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12
    Try to balance your stats with priority to Spell Power, Mastery, Haste, Crit then haste since holy spells are mostly instant cast.
    First off:
    • You can't "balance" Spellpower, because the only thing Spellpower comes from is Intellect. More Intellect > any "balance" of other stats.
    • Haste is in there twice.
    • Crit is not better than haste at any standpoint.
    • "Mostly Instant"? You mean Circle of Healing on a 6 second cooldown, and Mending on 10? If that's "mostly" then clearly we all must be doing something wrong. Renew spam isn't viable. Useful tool, but not viable filler.
    • Also, haste scales with Instants just as much as it scales with non-instants, unless for some reason you go below 1 second GCD. Good luck getting 4956 haste rating on your gear (and that's including 3/3 Darkness).
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Take a little bit of melted haste and lather up your character. Then apply a haste breading, coated both thick and even. Then you want to top that with a dash of haste and finally bake it at ninety-haste degrees in a haste oven.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by ramennoodleking View Post
    Take a little bit of melted haste and lather up your character. Then apply a haste breading, coated both thick and even. Then you want to top that with a dash of haste and finally bake it at ninety-haste degrees in a haste oven.
    Excuse me a moment.
    * Kel hops the shoe over, and stomps on the Noodle King

That's better!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol come on, did that deserve a stomping?

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

With the Goomba shoe, everything deserves a stomping.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think its all with personal preference... I prefer haste over mastery. I run a 10 man with a holy pally and a resto druid. Most of the fights I use renew on the tank(or tanks) reguardless of what chakra state I'm in. Its almost on par, in my eyes, as a resto druids lifebloom ticks without the amazing finisher. I've been looking into going straight mastery but, in my opinion, it just isn't worth it. But like a few have said the holy priest mastery is underrated. I've got ~19% haste(with a shadow priest in the raid) so you figure ~14% haste. I don't think that there is a right or wrong answer for your question. I'm not sure anymore on 25 mans as I don't run them because... well my server is just bad, haha. EoL will give you free heals if your mastery is stacked high enough. But with my guild steal learning the heroic fights I tend to over ride my own EoL because I have to keep healing the tank or dps.. but given its full duration, sure it could be worth it. Just play around with and see what works best for you. Seeking advice from others is good but ultimately it depends all on how YOU play.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    • You can't "balance" Spellpower, because the only thing Spellpower comes from is Intellect. More Intellect > any "balance" of other stats.
    • Haste is in there twice.
    • Crit is not better than haste at any standpoint.
    • "Mostly Instant"? You mean Circle of Healing on a 6 second cooldown, and Mending on 10? If that's "mostly" then clearly we all must be doing something wrong. Renew spam isn't viable. Useful tool, but not viable filler.
    • Also, haste scales with Instants just as much as it scales with non-instants, unless for some reason you go below 1 second GCD. Good luck getting 4956 haste rating on your gear (and that's including 3/3 Darkness).
    My reply was suppose to be Master < Haste < Crit. the second mentioning of Haste was unintentional thus making Crit more valuable ,that I am aware of, is a mistake.

Deleted
    7,2% haste (so u get 12,5% raid buffed) and then whatever u feel like of haste/mastery after is the consensus among most priests.

I've healed FLs as both Holy (first) and now Disc. I've also stacked Mastery vs Haste and I can clearly say Haste wins it hands down for me. Let's segment it so it's easier to understand.

For Holy, Mastery = extra HoT when you land a heal. Haste means faster heals and longer renews, faster PoH's, faster Divine Hymn.
    As Holy, I found it better throughput to spam my aoe heals when needed. Rarely do you AoE Heal once, and wait for the extra HoT to tick down completely. When AoE healing is required, you are spamming that AoE heal button as fast as you can. Haste wins in this department.

For Disc, Mastery = extra PW:Shield. Haste means faster heals, faster penance, faster gheals, and faster PoH's.
    As Disc, I found mastery to be lackluster to say the least. Haste means more heals, and faster heals you can cast. An extra 10% shield on PW:S isn't even a boss hit, but that extra second you save from healing could mean wipe or not.

They say that extra haste brings faster healing and faster mana consumption. As disc, you essentially have infinte mana anyways if you are doing it right. So I welcome the faster healing and faster casts because I don't have any mana issues. Think about it like this. Will that extra HoT after you land a heal or that extra 10% PW:Shield save a tank on a boss or would landing that Gheal in time save them more? I went with haste because it's more "insurance" for me incase of lag, fight mechanics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    7,2% haste (so u get 12,5% raid buffed) and then whatever u feel like of haste/mastery after is the consensus among most priests.

Actually, the consensus is that the 12.5% Renew breakpoint is completely irrelevant.

Regarding the OP question, personal preference plays a huge role. The only advise I give is that if you're having mana issues, shift some of your haste to mastery or consider a tweak in your playstyle... or both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themos View Post
    Actually, the consensus is that the 12.5% Renew breakpoint is completely irrelevant.
    Okay fixed it for you:
    7,2% haste (so u get 12,5% raid buffed) and then whatever u feel like of haste/mastery after is the consensus among most GOOD priests.

You're part of the little core of priests that believe the 12,5% has no relevancy what so ever, but it actually does, sure you don't cast renew all that much but sometimes you (movement says hello) and you take what you can get. Also 12,5% is also the breakpoint for Hymn of Hope and Divine Hymn. The later is gonna matter a lot next patch.

And 12.4% haste lets you finish your hymn significantly earlier, as does 37.4%.

It's also near-impossible to have only 515 haste rating on your gear. Which is why it's irrelevant. Continue to think praising a number makes you a "good" priest.

Okay fixed it for you:
    7,2% haste (so u get 12,5% raid buffed) and then whatever u feel like of haste/mastery after is the consensus among most GOOD priests.

You're part of the little core of priests that believe the 12,5% has no relevancy what so ever, but it actually does, sure you don't cast renew all that much but sometimes you (movement says hello) and you take what you can get. Also 12,5% is also the breakpoint for Hymn of Hope and Divine Hymn. The later is gonna matter a lot next patch.

The reason the 12.5% is irrelevant is b/c Renew is at the bottom of the priority list of go to spells for Holy while in Sanctuary. And in Serenity chakra, your direct heals refresh the duration of Renew, making the number of ticks per cast moot. Due to how it refreshes Renew, there is a direct and very linear relationship with haste scaling and there are zero break points.

It's also irrelevant for the reason stated above by Kelesti. You can't get below 12.5% haste even if you tried in t12.

As to how good or bad I am, you're entitled to your opinion but I'd recommend you base that on actual data. Go to raidbots and look me up(I'm on Kilrogg). If you still think I'm bad, by all means tell me how. I'm always open to constructive criticism to better my healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    And 12.4% haste lets you finish your hymn significantly earlier, as does 37.4%.

It's also near-impossible to have only 515 haste rating on your gear. Which is why it's irrelevant. Continue to think praising a number makes you a "good" priest.
    Sure you finish it quicker, but the extra healing done at 12,5%+ doesn't cost any mana. Oh and I don't see why you brought up 515 haste rating, sure it's hard to avoid getting at least 12,5% haste, but that is rather irrelevant, the point is wether to pursue mastery at all cost or pursue haste at all cost, which to that my answer is get at least 12,5% and then pursue whatever you feel like.
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-11-14 at 06:43 PM.

Sure you finish it quicker, but the extra healing done at 12,5%+ doesn't cost any mana. Oh and I don't see why you brought up 515 haste rating, sure it's hard to avoid getting at least 12,5% haste, but that is rather irrelevant no?
    515 Haste Rating + Darkness + Wrath of Air = 12.5%.

Yes, it only takes 515 haste rating to get that "most holy and sacred of all numbers". If you have less haste than that, I have to ask why you're still in greens.

It's why it's irrelevant.