Thread: Computer Specs

Computer Specs

My current computer runs WOW fine on it's lowest settings. I was wondering if it would be fine running swtor. Don't know much about computers so I don't know how to find the current specs. I do know it is an HP media center m7760n and I bought it 4 1/2 years ago so it is pretty old. Just wanted to know if it will run swtor before I spend money on it. Thanks

Keep in mind minimiums are minimium for a reason. With those specs that was quoted above, you'll be able to *run the game*. When you start raiding or even grouping you'll have major lag issues. If your running WoW on low settings I'd definitly recommend an upgrade in system, as SWTOR is much more higher demand then WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    SWTOR does require more than WoW so if you can barely run WoW with lowest settings possible, I truly think you won't get an enjoyable playing experience in SWTOR with that computer.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    This being a thread about specs, I'm going to go ahead and ask my own question.

Where can I go to check the specs on my computer?
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

Quote Originally Posted by ElAmigo View Post
    This being a thread about specs, I'm going to go ahead and ask my own question.

Where can I go to check the specs on my computer?
    Second post in this thread. "You can find your specs by going to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System"

Though that doesn't seem to include your graphics card so for that I would suggest going to the Device Manager.

To get to the Device manager. Start Menu -> Right click Computer -> Select Manage -> Device Manager (on Left) -> Display Adapters

When I googled the model number you provided the results came back that it had integrated graphics. 4 year old integrated graphics aren't going to cut it. You could probably speng $50-$100 on a lower end graphics card and get your computer up to playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PuliGT View Post
    Second post in this thread. "You can find your specs by going to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System"

Though that doesn't seem to include your graphics card so for that I would suggest going to the Device Manager.

To get to the Device manager. Start Menu -> Right click Computer -> Select Manage -> Device Manager (on Left) -> Display Adapters
    Additionally, you could just run "dxdiag". For an incredibly verbose summary of your components, you can select "Save All Information..." and read through the text file it prints out. However, everything you need to know is already there in dxdiag.

OT: Unless you upgraded the video card from the stock on-board graphics, I'm going to say no. Fortunately, you can get a decent video card for $50 (or less if you can find good deals). Newegg constantly runs deals on their video cards. I got my wife a video card for about $40 when the card normally costs $100.

If you have upgraded it, then it would be nice to see your computer specs. Pull up your dxdiag and give us this information:
    Operating system, Processor, Memory, Display Device 1 -> Name

That would be very helpful in assisting you.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your monitor uses DVI look at
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...5&Tpk=gt%20430

If its stil a VGA hookup
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...094&CatId=3670

Both should run fine with your stock power supply.

Also may wish to look into doubling your RAM, running a game like SWTOR on Win 7 is prolly gonna choke it all up, give it a little breathing room and add 2GB.
    Cairne, my brother, I will avenge your death, Magatha Grimtotem and her followers will pay with their lives.