Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Obby View Post
    steam should auto patch weather its CD or not....the nice preloading is cool but untill they reem you and wait another 10 hours to unlock it liek they did with MW3 which made me laugh instead of 12am EST it was unlocked at 10am EST so if you watch word before hand Disc might be better
    I don't mind that too much because I doubt I'll be awake at midnight to play, but when I finish work tomorrow and get home then I'll be able to play straight away and not have to waste an hour or more installing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post
    I believe there was some problems with modding for oblivion if you had it through steam and I'm not sure if they've fixed it for Skyrim, but I doubt it. If you want to enjoy the experience the modding community (which is absolutely wonderful) brings, get the disk. However, if you just want to enjoy the game how it is feel free to get it on steam.
    I never had a single problem modding oblivion through steam. :S
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Quote Originally Posted by Synithin View Post
    I never had a single problem modding oblivion through steam. :S
    There are .exe files that people mod and steam doesn't like that. But after reading through the thread and seeing that it's going to be on steam anyway I am very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aralevara View Post
    There are .exe files that people mod and steam doesn't like that. But after reading through the thread and seeing that it's going to be on steam anyway I am very disappointed.
    OH knock it off.

Jesus it works just fine.

I modded the flying fuck out oblivion and it was just fine.

Deleted
    I bought the game on disc from Amazon, mainly because it was around £5 cheaper than on Steam.

The disadvantage however is that I cannot play straight away as soon as it is available on Steam, but I don't mind sleeping and then waiting a few hours in the morning for it to arrive

15+ Year Old Account
    Disc

especially if you can get a collectors edition

i mean

you get a dragon

(size comparison: that thing in the back is an acer 24")

Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Yes (although you can force steam to install it from disc as well, here's how).
    Sorry that was my fault, I did not explain myself well enough. If I buy a physical copy of Skyrim and install it, will it go onto my steam list and start downloading from steam and make the game go onto my steam list so I can download it from my steam instead of using discs anymore, like MW2. This is what I want :P So I would have the phyisical disc and I would have it on my steam account as a steam game, so I would not have to rely on my discs to keep installing it.

Deleted
    Figured I wasn't going to fork out for the CE box (though I will admit, it is very cool) and wasn't even planning on buying it till I had a new PC.. Then I saw it on steam and noticed you'd need to use steam anyway... So Steam it is =).
    I do like handling a physical copy as its nice to keep hold of, but with Steam becoming the de facto authentication route recently, personally it seems a bit pointless trudging out in the cold to the middle of town during the start of the Christmas rush just to buy something that will want Steam anyway.

@Warcrafter, yes i believe that will be the case.. You can still physically install from the discs if you ever uninstall/need to reinstall, but should also have the option of downloading from steam too since its been account bound.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still buy my music in CD-format, I read physical newspapers, and I watch shows on TV instead of online.

I'll give you one-and-a-half attempt to guess what my answer to your question will be

Honestly, though. When you have a physical collection of something, you can show it off to likeminded people, and you get booklets(<3). I'll buy the physical product for as long as possible ^^
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

that dragon makes me wish i could get it when i first saw it but I'm a poor person -_-
    "We don't need Blizz to nerf the content. We need it to be less terrible." - Totalbiscuit

Deleted
    I want to buy Skyrim via steam, but I'm living in Japan atm. And for any reason the release date in Japan is set to the 8th of December, which means that i'll have to wait until then. And i don't like to wait. Is there any way if avoiding this, like, using a proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Era View Post
    I want to buy Skyrim via steam, but I'm living in Japan atm. And for any reason the release date in Japan is set to the 8th of December, which means that i'll have to wait until then. And i don't like to wait. Is there any way if avoiding this, like, using a proxy?
    The problem with that is getting a working payment method. They check the country you're in by IP AND by the payment method used - if it's registered to a different country, computer says no.

I guess you could try getting it gifted to you, but it may well still lock out until December. Unlucky, damn.