Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Here's the versions I'd say you look up on your website...

MSI Twin Frozr II (560 Ti)
    I got this card within the last 2 months and I can't complain. I don't know enough about them to tell you anything technical but with my WoW settings on ultra and 1920x1080 I never drop below 60fps except for one specific fight where 24 people are grouped up with heroism my fps drops to ~22 which is still fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    If you can, at least get the TX750M, the modular version.... I can't express my extreme hatred for non-modular power supplies. x_x
    TBH, even tho the 750tx is called modulair, it isnt really modular imo. You can just add 4 more plugs to it. So most likely a lot of the other stuff is unpluggable. Semi-modulair tho :P
    The HX version is modulair, and the AX is full modulair.

Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    I got this card within the last 2 months and I can't complain. I don't know enough about them to tell you anything technical but with my WoW settings on ultra and 1920x1080 I never drop below 60fps except for one specific fight where 24 people are grouped up with heroism my fps drops to ~22 which is still fine.
    An MSI card is great to buy if you have the extra money! They allow you to tweak their voltage settings, allowing for more room with over clocking the card. (I wouldn't suggest it though if your computer stays hot inside.)

Deleted
    you could also use http://www.komplett.dk/

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy to say that I have now ordered both a new graphics card and a new PSU. I ended up paying what would be around 518 USD in all for the graphics card and the PSU.

I chose the Asus EAH6950 DCII/2DI4S/2GD5 and the Corsair TX750M. I should have them within 3-4 days. Looking so much forward to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sheeya View Post
    you could also use http://www.komplett.dk/
    I used www.pricerunner.dk, indexing site of other sites, including komplett

Thanks a whole lot to all you people who helped me!

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    If it's between a 1GiB version of the HD6950, go with the GTX 560 Ti.
    Better yet would be the 2GiB of the HD6950, but that might be out of your range.

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 06:40 PM ----------

The HD7000-series, sure.

However, they will release the HD7000-series from ground-up, meaning enthusiast/gaming-GPUs will be a few months after the first HD7000.
    In other words, if anything does get released this year, it will not be of interest to a gamer.

There is little that can be gained from having 2GB on a upper-mid range card like the 6950. The extra memory is only useful at the kind of incredibly high resolutions that this card will not be able to handle in games like BF3, nor would it be useful in games like WoW that simply don't require such a high-end card in the first place.

I would have argreed with going for the 7000 series, except they're being pushed back to next year. nVidia's next series of cards are likely to come even later.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miley View Post
    Yeah, 22 in that situation is pretty decent, most computers would buckle and barely put out 5fps. ;p
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    You could get a 6950 and flash a 6970 bios on it, make it run like a 6970 what i've read but i'm not definately sure if this voids the warranty? I was thinking about this myself before i got 2 asus engtx560ti's, personally i chose 560ti over a flashed 6950(6970) because of the nvidia eyecandy features like physx & cuda, still being a Nvidia fan and the fact that 2 560ti's outperform a 580.

A price effective solution would probably be a flashed 6950.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fujiama View Post
    Good choice
    Last edited by mmoc8948ca12f3; 2011-11-08 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think flashable 6950s are too easy to find anymore, if any, as AMD fixed that issue.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Thanks Deltru. Didn't know that.
    Last edited by mmoc8948ca12f3; 2011-11-08 at 10:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's unfortunate they made that move, as they could have really owned the video card market if they had allowed people to do it and been like, yeah, you can basically pay for a 560 Ti and get a 570 in our case, you just have to buy AMD Radeon, and NVidia would either have to severely lower their prices or adjust in some other way. Too bad.
    "A flower.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Now, I want to thank everyone who helped me out with this decision! I ordered both the PSU and Graphics card this tuesday, and already today have I recieved the graphics card! I'm still eagerly awaiting for the PSU to arrive though.

Even got some great pictures of the lovely graphics card! I was happy as a little child on christmas eve when I got the mail saying I could pick it up!

It's heavier than I had expected! And I'm sad that my new PSU hasn't arrived yet, I want to test out my new card! Even already made some 3dMark tests with my current system, so I'm ready to see what a big change it will do to my system!