Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Had the same problem twice.
    It seems your power supply is overheating. Hence the stuttering during the reboots. Only when it has actually cooled down enough you'll be able to reboot it correctly.
    Let me know if this isn't the case.
    It blew 2 HDD's for me. Spiked currents killed them :-(
    Replacing the PSU with a bigger, better and cooler one helped me alot.

You have to troubleshoot. I've had random reboots for numerous reasons that involved everything from bad parts to bad power coming from the street.

First thing to do is get your system temps as overheating is the most common problem.
    Be sure to set your BIOS to fail safe or default settings first.

Use a program like speedfan to get all your system temps at idle and under load. Use Prime95's torture test to load up your CPU, and something like MSI Kombustor to stress your GPU. If they don't cause reboots, then it's probably something with the game or drivers. Speedfan will also give you other info like votages that are useful for troubleshooting if temps aren't the issue.
    Last edited by Ecwfrk; 2011-11-08 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rclijsters View Post
    Had the same problem twice.
    It seems your power supply is overheating. Hence the stuttering during the reboots. Only when it has actually cooled down enough you'll be able to reboot it correctly.
    Let me know if this isn't the case.
    It blew 2 HDD's for me. Spiked currents killed them :-(
    Replacing the PSU with a bigger, better and cooler one helped me alot.
    Awesome reply, thank you. So far that seems to be the problem, once I get payed as you said, I'm going to buy a bigger, better and cooler psu.

Deleted

pc

my computer as had simular problem i have been playing bf3 like crazy to and i kept getting random crashes and then about 2 days ago my pc just shut down and now it wont turn on. my psu is still working bcz at it couldmy ethernet light at the backs on and my motherboard pwr suplly light is on inside does any oone no what it could be.

amd phenom x2 (unlocked to x4 but only one extra core) overcocked automaticaly by bios to 3.5 ghz
    geforce gts 250
    asus m4 series motherboard
    500 watt ez cool psu
    500 g hdd
    4 gb ddr3 1333 mhz ram