Unable to find the perfect mouse for me

As the title says, I'm simply unable to find the perfect mouse for me. I purchased a mouse from Steelseries, the Cataclysm mouse since it's big, and has more than enough buttons that I can use for my keybinds.

Well, after 5 months of using it, the mouse completely stopped working for no reason. I've been searching for better overall mouse, but I just can't for the life of me find one that suits me best. I took a look at the Naga Epic, and to be honest it didn't feel comfortable due to how small those buttons on the side are, and how close they are to each other. The DeathAdder seemed a bit fine, but the only reason I didn't buy it is due to the lack of buttons, and I'm looking for a mouse with at least 9 buttons.

So, I was wondering if you guys got something else in mind? I just hope I get to find a mouse with a better overall quality, that is huge, and has a lot of buttons.

Thanks in advance
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Logitech G700 might fit the bill if you're in the market for extra buttons. I find the Logitech gaming mice are always super comfortable too.

http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=56...cture=Logitech

I've been using a Cyborg mouse for several years. It has a total of ten programmable buttons (two of which are difficult to use, so I only use 8), which gives me plenty of access. It's a strange design that takes some getting used to, makes your hand stay at rest rather than clawing like a normal mouse, but after a week or two I hardly noticed it. It's an old model, though, and they have a new one out called the Rat that I've heard good things about. Here's a couple of links if you want to check them out.

http://www.amazon.com/Saitek-PM42-Cy.../dp/B000VLMRVS

http://cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

Deleted
    The Naga is comfy!Takes a few weeks to get used to the compressed sidebuttons but you'll find it at great advantage rather than having them spread out ontop or/And on both sides of your mouse.
    You can check out some of the G mouses from logitech they lack the extra binds but are very comfy! (G5 is my personal favorite)Served me well for 1 year before it fell into the wall.
    I've tried the RAT mouse and that is not comfortable or handy after any amount of time!It looks cool but that's it...

How about the Corsair M90?

I was skeptical of the naga, I don't have the epic but I now love my regular one. The buttons came easily for me.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want a lot of buttons, you can't get much better than the Razer Naga. Fitting an entire Numpad on the side of a mouse is... well, you can fill in the blank.

Personally though, I'm very picky when it comes to mice as well. I had a Logitech MX518 mouse for... 6 years? 7 years? It worked swimmingly and I loved it, until the scroll wheel started to die this past summer. And let me tell you, trying to find a replacement was absolute hell.

I would find that I like certain parts of mice, but I don't like the overall package. For example, I absolutely LOVE the way the Lclick + Rclick buttons, scroll wheel movement, and scroll wheel click feel on Microsoft's Sidewinder X5 (not to mention its hot-swappable teflon feet), but I cannot stand the back/forward buttons, nor the general shape of it (using it for anything more than 20mins actually made my hand sore, because of its obtuse/strange contours).
    (If the X5 had used a more hand-friendly shape (like the X3's, say), a laser sensor, and the conventional lateral placement of the forward/back buttons (as opposed to its vertical placement), I think I would've been in heaven.)

Apologies for the partial-anecdote, but... I know what you're goin through, s'all, lol.

If you're looking for a mouse that has at least nine buttons though, you're generally leaving yourself with very few options -- off the top of my head, the only ones I can think of are the Naga, the Naga, and.... oh yeah, the Naga. Most "gaming" mice sit around 7 buttons, give or take.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    That mouse looks really nice, as well as the G700 that Bcons linked. (That keyboard looks really nice as well)

Now in terms of quality, which one would you vote for?

Edit: Turned out I can actually get the Logitech G700. I can order it and get it tomorrow, however I'm gonna need to wait for 1-2 week(s) in order to get the Corsair M90.

What do you guys think? Just get the G700 or is the M90 worth 2 weeks of waiting?
    Last edited by Static; 2011-11-08 at 07:50 AM.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Hands down, naga! I've been through 5 mouses the last 3 years and two of them was a naga! not that it's poorly build just me not use it the proper way at all time...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would recommend the newest Steelseries WoW mouse, but i'm pretty sure with that last bad one you got, your pretty turned off by steelseries at this point. I am sure you got a rare bad one out of the bunch. My Steelseries World of Warcraft Original, Cataclysm, and Legendary mice are all working great still. I recommend the legendary especially since its not a behemoth like the original and cataclysm!
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Isendar View Post
    I would recommend the newest Steelseries WoW mouse, but i'm pretty sure with that last bad one you got, your pretty turned off by steelseries at this point. I am sure you got a rare bad one out of the bunch. My Steelseries World of Warcraft Original, Cataclysm, and Legendary mice are all working great still. I recommend the legendary especially since its not a behemoth like the original and cataclysm!
    Actually the previous one that stopped working, was the Cataclysm mouse. Let me tell you something; I loved the mouse, I really did. It fits my hands perfectly, and I couldn't have asked for more buttons, let alone their positions. However the mouse itself felt really... cheap, for it's price. I don't know, the build itself, I'm not the best when it comes to describing these stuff.

As for their newest WoW mouse, I just came back from the shop, and I actually tried it. I preferred the older version, but that's just me.

God damn behemoth hands...

Deleted
    Really..get a Naga, you'll get used to, buttons seems small at the start, but after sometime you'll get use to it, and you'll never want to use another mouse..

i love my g13/g700. the RAT, from what ive heard is just a piece of moving parts, nothing spectacular unless all you do is look at it.
    the m90 would also be a great choice
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    yeah and enjoy your carpal tunnel in few years....

BEST MOUSE I'VE EVER USED.

Deleted
    To those recommending the Naga.
    *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    I took a look at the Naga Epic, and to be honest it didn't feel comfortable due to how small those buttons on the side are, and how close they are to each other.
    I'm using the G700 myself, and thusfar I really like it. If you use a palm grip to hold your house, it's very comfortable to use for long periods of time. There are a lot of little details that have gone into the design of the mouse, such as the curvature of the side and top buttons which makes it extremely easy to identify one button from another. The wireless adapter fits into a slot in the battery compartment if you're using the mouse in wired mode or if you're travelling, and the scroll wheel and be locked and unlocked for faster scrolling. That being said, I'd recommend taking some time to try some mice down at a local store and see which one suits you, or spend a little time researching mice that are designed for your particular way of gripping the mouse (claw grip, palm grip, etc.)

The Corsair M90 is also a brilliant mouse, as Tetris suggested, so give that a look.

Im 6'2 215 lbs, large hands - g500 on one computer and a razer mamba on another
    those were the best fit for me
    Intel i7-2600k @ 4.6 ghz - Corsair H100 - 16GB DDR3-1600 - SLI GTX 580 - Crucial 240GB

Corsair Obsidian 650D - WD 2TB Black Storage

Yup.. guess I'll go for the G700, since it's kind of hard to keep waiting for 2 weeks to get the Corsair M90. Hope I made the right choice!

Deleted
    Mionix Naos 5000, it gets top reviews from everyone.

http://www.mionix.net/page.php?al=naos5000