Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is it better to train 30mins every day or 1 hour every 2 days

I wonder what's better , I'm just trying to set up to best schedule for me but I think 1 hour every 2 days would be better since muscle have rest time.

10+ Year Old Account
    4 hours every other day

do 1 hour a day. Days 1, 3, 5 you do rotating muscle groups. 2 4 and 6 you do cardio. Running, cycling, swimming. on the seventh day you rest. Look up body for life.

And do you have a goal? If you dont, you wont stick to it. Looking good for girls isnt a goal. if you cant get them now you wont then.

Watch rocky and rocky II a bunch.

I do 1 hour every 2 days and have put on 13kg since I started. I'm 6'3" if that makes any difference.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do both sorta. I do an hour of weight training every other day, and 30min of cardio every day either running or swimming.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

what are u doing? loosing weight/fat? or trying to get stronger?

get stronger

as much as you can tbh. i find 30 mins for me does shit all so I have to go hard for an hour. it depends though, very personal.
    this game sucks

I'm a fan of 45 minutes of strength exercises and 45 minutes of cardio a day, 5-6 days a week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally... I work out about an hour every day, different muscle groups every day.

Deleted
    It depends entirely on your routine.
    We can't say as we have no idea what sort of exercises you're doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do 0 hrs a day 7 days a week

Any tips bros?

Quote Originally Posted by Violen View Post
    And do you have a goal? If you dont, you wont stick to it. Looking good for girls isnt a goal. if you cant get them now you wont then.
    I call BS on this. Many, many. MANY girls won't give you a second look if you are out of shape.

You telling me that ta 500 pound morbidly obese guy who works out then becomes a 180 pound, tone, muscular male, will see 0 difference in his relationship life?
    Bullshit

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's very personal. Choose what works best for YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth View Post
    I call BS on this. Many, many. MANY girls won't give you a second look if you are out of shape.
    Girls doesn't look at you that much - but they do listen a lot. It's their ears you should worry about - not the eyes. Unless it's spring.

Deleted
    Depend, You should train each musclegroup every second day or less, unless you are an athlete. But this dose not say you cant train every day.
    For simplicity say you do pushups (upper body focus) and running (lower body focus). It dose not matter if you than run and do pushups one day and rest the 2nd or if you run 1 day and do pushups the 2nd. As long as you dont do pushups two days in a row or pushup one day and benchpress (dont know if this is he correct term) the day after.

Training every day is not necessary... Your body needs rest after a good exercise more than you need to exercise the day after!
    Take one hour every second day and eat healthy.

Can't fail

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by studkaw View Post
    Depend, You should train each musclegroup every second day or less, unless you are an athlete. But this dose not say you cant train every day.
    For simplicity say you do pushups (upper body focus) and running (lower body focus). It dose not matter if you than run and do pushups one day and rest the 2nd or if you run 1 day and do pushups the 2nd. As long as you dont do pushups two days in a row or pushup one day and benchpress (dont know if this is he correct term) the day after.
    I would have to disagree here. Working the same muscle group every 2nd day is not enough rest at all if you're trying to gain strength, which is the goal of the OP. IIRC, 4 days rest minimum is recommended. Most people I know, including myself only workout one muscle group once per week. I weight train 1 hour x 4 days a week, and cardio 20-40 minutes 5 to 6 days a week.

edit: I should add that strength and growth is achieved through rest and recovery. If you try lifting while your muscles are still sore, you're just going to stunt the growth. Also, you'll want to make sure you have proper nutrition, otherwise your workouts will be for nothing.
    Last edited by Stevegasm; 2011-11-08 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevegasm View Post
    I would have to disagree here. Working the same muscle group every 2nd day is not enough rest at all if you're trying to gain strength, which is the goal of the OP. IIRC, 4 days rest minimum is recommended. Most people I know, including myself only workout one muscle group once per week. I weight train 1 hour x 4 days a week, and cardio 20-40 minutes 5 to 6 days a week.
    To my defend I said "or less" (to clarify, I meant you should train less, not rest less). Depending how athletic you are the more often you can train. And it depends how intensitive you train.
    Last edited by mmoc410448ef5d; 2011-11-08 at 08:08 AM.

our trainer always said that every workout less than 45 mins of faster heartbeat is worth nothing. You need about 45 mins to start burning fat from your muscles, and make them actually work hard. I try to spend at least 1h working out.
    Also - you do need breaks, body has to rest, especially at start. Muscles have to regen, sores must pass etc.

Quote Originally Posted by l4808 View Post
    Training every day is not necessary... Your body needs rest after a good exercise more than you need to exercise the day after!
    Take one hour every second day and eat healthy.

Can't fail
    it's not necessary but it just depends, you should rest 24-48 hours so you can actually do it every day but it's not required depends how fast you need to get stronger, how much time you have, how muscular you already are, if your taking supplements or not, etc...

Just try it out and see what works for you