Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Menegroth View Post
    I call BS on this. Many, many. MANY girls won't give you a second look if you are out of shape.

You telling me that ta 500 pound morbidly obese guy who works out then becomes a 180 pound, tone, muscular male, will see 0 difference in his relationship life?
    Bullshit
    True Motivation must come from within. If it comes from without, IE: Attention from others, you will loose motivation as soon as you recieve negative feedback, or as soon as you realize you are getting negative feedback.

Going from 500 pounds to 180 isnt the same as looking good for girls.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeXan View Post
    I wonder what's better , I'm just trying to set up to best schedule for me but I think 1 hour every 2 days would be better since muscle have rest time.
    Well if you want results i can give you real advice:

1. Setup a goal. Eat right! Sleep right!
    2. Get a workout diary so you can keep track of what you do and how your body responds.
    3. A muscle needs to rest 48-72 hours depending on who you are and what you have done.
    4. Don't train for more then 1 hour, 10 min warmup and 50 min effective weightlifting.
    5. Train 3 days and rest one. During a 7 day peroid each muscle should be trained twice.
    6. The system: Day1 "upperbody", Day2: "legs", Day3: "upperbody2". Then you rest for 1 day and repeat system.
    7. Lift as heavy as you can without failing on execution. Do 1 warup set 12-16 reps, after that 3 x 6-8 reps heavy! Rest 45s between sets. Lift the weights slow and with control!
    8. Variation is the key! Don't do the same excersices, or in the same order every day. You want to keep your body guessing so it feels weak and your brain starts the "build-up" process.

example:
    Day 1: chest, shoulders, triceps (+ forearms/abs)
    Day 2: Legs
    Day 3: upper/lower back and biceps (+ forearms/abs)
    Day 4: ----------------rest---------------------
    Day 5: chest, shoulders, triceps (+ forearms/abs)
    Day 6: Legs
    Day 7: upper/lower back and biceps (+ forearms/abs)

I hope this helps.

So to simply answer your original question: both is better then nothing, but both is not enough. I would go for 30 min every day if I had to choose, and split musclegroups so they can recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Violen View Post
    True Motivation must come from within. If it comes from without, IE: Attention from others, you will loose motivation as soon as you recieve negative feedback, or as soon as you realize you are getting negative feedback.

Going from 500 pounds to 180 isnt the same as looking good for girls.
    I agree with you that "looking good for girls" isn't a good motivator. You need a more defined goal.

But losing weight and getting fit WILL help your relationship life.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Personally... I work out about an hour every day, different muscle groups every day.
    I tried this several years ago... The growth was amazing.

I do about 3 hours a day exercise.

My fingers are starting to look really buff from all the gaming... i mean training
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Quote Originally Posted by proteen View Post
    I'm a fan of 45 minutes of strength exercises and 45 minutes of cardio a day, 5-6 days a week.
    This, but 4-5, cus I am a huge fan of just taking weekends to relax and totally unwind and hang out a bit.

Just to clarify, this is obviously rotating muscle groups in/out. I thought that was sorta a given?
    Last edited by Darkdruidelf; 2011-11-08 at 03:44 PM.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?