Deleted

Moonwell chalice

I have a quick question about this trinket.
    As a demo lock, would it be a dps gain using it only with meta or on CD with demon soul?
    Cheers!

You wait for all 3 to line up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    What? Thought it was a dps loss not using demon soul on cd.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawohl View Post
    What? Thought it was a dps loss not using demon soul on cd.
    That's for the other two specs. For demo you want everything to line up because the damage boosts stack multiplicative-ly.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just from what I've looked up in the last few minutes, and I will preface this with I don't play warlock, demon soul doesn't appear to do anything that would affect the damage output based on your mastery as a demo lock anyways. Since demo mastery only affects your demons and you when metamorphed, why would using demon soul on cd with moonwell chalice be a dps gain? Also, from what i've read, that trinket is such a huge boost to demo when they are morphed, that it is best to use all 3 together, giving an overall bigger dps gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Inshabel View Post
    This, but the most important thing is to use moonwell chalice FIRST and let it's buff apply to you *BEFORE* activating metamorphosis, otherwise it's almost a complete waste, metamorphosis snapshots your stats and using it in a macro will make you lose out on the mastery it provides for meta.
    You're just jealous because the voices are talking to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Saevio View Post
    Just from what I've looked up in the last few minutes, and I will preface this with I don't play warlock, demon soul doesn't appear to do anything that would affect the damage output based on your mastery as a demo lock anyways. Since demo mastery only affects your demons and you when metamorphed, why would using demon soul on cd with moonwell chalice be a dps gain? Also, from what i've read, that trinket is such a huge boost to demo when they are morphed, that it is best to use all 3 together, giving an overall bigger dps gain.
    DS is a % increase in damage, so is meta, need I explain more?

Edit: Oh I missread, no using Demon Soul with MWC wouldn't benefit you, but both need to be lined up with Meta.

Huh, demon soul and MWC have both exactly same CD, if you have them out of sync then you're doing something wrong.

The only thing that screws up the time of the 3 is Impending doom procs changing your Meta cd. Before anyone asks you would need over a minute of meta being up before the other to to make it worthwhile to use meta without them. I did the math awhile back and at 30% haste you would need about an 85% proc rate from the talent so don't expect it to happen often if ever.

Demon soul and chalice both have a 2 minute cooldown. You should be using both with meta every time due to the way they stack with each other. End of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aethilus View Post
    This, but the most important thing is to use moonwell chalice FIRST and let it's buff apply to you *BEFORE* activating metamorphosis, otherwise it's almost a complete waste, metamorphosis snapshots your stats and using it in a macro will make you lose out on the mastery it provides for meta.
    What about Demon Soul?

is that the correct order?

/use moonwell chalice
    /use metamorphosis
    /cast demon soul
    Last edited by Zecarro; 2011-11-09 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zecarro View Post
    What about Demon Soul?

is that the correct order?

/use moonwell chalice
    /use metamorphosis
    /cast demon soul
    No no no no no.

There's a bug with the Chalice, you cannot macro it together, there's a delay for when you get the buff, and you'll transform before you get the effect.

Personally, I make a macro that is

/use Moonwell Chalice
    /cast Demon Soul

Then I have my Metamorph ability which is usually right beside it.

This way I just think of it as "Demon Soul" then "Meta" and never worry about it again.
    Soulburn: Unstable Affliction. A boy can dream.