Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    as seen in the new gstar-event demobuild normal npcs have improved AI (there's a thread on this)
    -) NPCs kite players
    -) NPCs dodge roll players attacks
    -) NPCs swap weapons depending the situation

well, I think the pve contend has now the potential to get harder than standard-mmos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    as seen in the new gstar-event demobuild normal npcs have improved AI (there's a thread on this)
    -) NPCs kite players
    -) NPCs dodge roll players attacks
    -) NPCs swap weapons depending the situation

well, I think the pve contend has now the potential to get harder than standard-mmos
    I hope that they also have random agro or "smart" agro as in they target the squishies first, or maybe an agro that varies on mob, that'd be tight....
    Like maybe ogres attack any random target (probably closest thing to them) where as a group of grawls will attack what ever their shaman is telling them to
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, considering how sweeping attacks are from players I can't see that sweeping attacks from monsters will be different. Aka, many monsters will have a frontal cleave on almost anything they do.

Soo, that means. Stack BEHIND the boss? Where does the dragon cleave to? The air?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    Soo, that means. Stack BEHIND the boss? Where does the dragon cleave to? The air?
    Dragons just have a cleaving aura that cleaves anyone who dare look upon their form. In half.

Just Your Average Lurking Huntard LOLPRIEST forum lurker now.

Yes and you have to taunt it every 12 seconds right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's the law of dragons... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtvIYRrgZ04
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Or think it this way.. how would 10 people be able to kill an old god? Or defeat the Lich King? Or kill Deathwing? It doesn't make any sense... these fights belong in the open world.
    Actually LK is the one that DOES make perfect sense, since he wanted to gather the greatest champions, and then test them in battle, before killing them all and raising them as his new generals.

We did not kill the LK, he was simply toying with us, being cocky and testing us, before he roflpwned us. It was then Tirion who went 'Fuck this shit; HUMAN RACIAL!' and killed him with the power of the light.
    Cho’Gall: Cairne Bloodhoof is dead? Did we kill him?
    Deathwing: No. The Grimtotems weakened him with poison, and then Garrosh accidentally hacked him to death with an axe during a heated political discussion.
    Cho’Gall: How do you accidentally kill someone with an axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post
    Actually LK is the one that DOES make perfect sense, since he wanted to gather the greatest champions, and then test them in battle, before killing them all and raising them as his new generals.

We did not kill the LK, he was simply toying with us, being cocky and testing us, before he roflpwned us. It was then Tirion who went 'Fuck this shit; HUMAN RACIAL!' and killed him with the power of the light.
    Humans be OP yo...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdruidelf View Post

Right, taking control over some Elites from the Horde and making him serve the Scourge which takes a full raid to down. And then lose (even though just toying) to us. Actually Tirion doesn't do shit, just shatters Frostmourne with the most overpowered sword in the game. Then his own dead father stuns him and let us ROFL him. It doesn't make sense. 200 "Greatest Champions" should be a whole different story though.

Deleted
    Right, taking control over some Elites from the Horde and making him serve the Scourge which takes a full raid to down. And then lose (even though just toying) to us. Actually Tirion doesn't do shit, just shatters Frostmourne with the most overpowered sword in the game. Then his own dead father stuns him and let us ROFL him. It doesn't make sense. 200 "Greatest Champions" should be a whole different story though.
    I don't get this whole "It doesn't make sense for 10/25/40 people to be able to kill boss x" argument. Players in WoW and many other rpgs are ment to be legendary heroes. Why wouldn't it make sense for them to take down the bad guys? No one whines when Kratos kills god x for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirjotusvihe View Post
    I don't get this whole "It doesn't make sense for 10/25/40 people to be able to kill boss x" argument. Players in WoW and many other rpgs are ment to be legendary heroes. Why wouldn't it make sense for them to take down the bad guys? No one whines when Kratos kills god x for example.
    Because said boss we were killing one shotted all 10/25 players with a meer flick of his wrist, and only lost because tirion hacked after the fight was near lost. You know, because he couldn't just shatter the fucking ice after the first 5 seconds of being frozen and all.... imo it was just a poor fight plan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Because said boss we were killing one shotted all 10/25 players with a meer flick of his wrist, and only lost because tirion hacked after the fight was near lost. You know, because he couldn't just shatter the fucking ice after the first 5 seconds of being frozen and all.... imo it was just a poor fight plan.
    Yeah, that fight was just poor. I was speaking more in general, since I have seen those complaints crop out a lot. Even in Vanilla wow/bc.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one whines when Kratos kills god x for example.
    Because he's a demigod getting help from other gods throughout.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Kratos doesn't collect poo and safe woodland creatures at the start of every new expansion.

So what I'm trying to say here is that WoW doesn't really convoy the feeling of being a legendary hero, and I feel that asking someone who's killed an old god and stopped elemental/black dragonflight/scourge invasions all around to search for some cherries from a pile of poop is a bit odd.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkkitehti View Post
    Kratos doesn't collect poo and safe woodland creatures at the start of every new expansion.

So what I'm trying to say here is that WoW doesn't really convoy the feeling of being a legendary hero, and I feel that asking someone who's killed an old god and stopped elemental/black dragonflight/scourge invasions all around to search for some cherries from a pile of poop is a bit odd.
    This, in WoW when questing I have almost never felt like a legendary hero.
    I feel like the errand boy/body guard of the legendary heroes.
    I'd say this trend started in BT when you help Akama and Maive kill Illadan, but you don't do the finishing blow. Since then it's been more and more of that. Many quests are just menial labour that "the great hero" would never get tasked with, and things of that nature.
    Which make's the full "Oh, hello hero" fifteen minutes later seem very strange.

10+ Year Old Account
    To add to the legendary hero feel I don't feel as a hero I should be tied down by my faction, in fact I feel its something as a player I should not be limited by, since I serve a greater purpose like saving the world and all.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    To add to the legendary hero feel I don't feel as a hero I should be tied down by my faction, in fact I feel its something as a player I should not be limited by, since I serve a greater purpose like saving the world and all.
    I also hate being tied down by race/class choices... Especially when npcs can be the race/class choice you can't, IE Tauren warlocks and rogues

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    I also hate being tied down by race/class choices... Especially when npcs can be the race/class choice you can't, IE Tauren warlocks and rogues
    Well really, how much sense would a Tauren rogue make? Would you miss a giant cow trying to sneak by you? I'm glad that all races can be every profession in GW2 but that's only because they make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkalafut View Post
    Well really, how much sense would a Tauren rogue make?
    About as much sense as a fireball coming out of your hands?