10+ Year Old Account

Am I safe to remove LoadPerf.dll?

It's recently come up with a bunch of critical errors occassionally, the ID is 3012 and 3011

i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    I would probably suggest running the command "lodctr /r" to attempt to repair the error. You likely have damaged registry entries for the Performance Monitor application.

You need to launch this command form an Command Prompt with admin privileges.

I am assuming you are getting this type of error:
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...53(WS.10).aspx
    Last edited by mmoca371db5304; 2011-11-08 at 02:12 PM.

You should generally not remove any dll file without googling what it does. The event log in windows tend to have a number of error entries that do not necessarily mean that there is anything wrong with the system (or rather, not necessarily anything significant wrong).

Google shows (among a number of other hits) http://dll.paretologic.com/detail.php/loadperf about that file.

loadperf.dll is part of standard Windows installation, and if it's crashing, it means you have some major software issue in the computer and just deleting that one file masks the real problem.

Would recommend first trying to run the automatic recovery tool from your Windows DVD, and if that fails, format c: and install it again.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem is I don't have a DVD, came from Originpc.com and they didn't even want to support me when I called them.

Thanks you guys, especially Darkxale, I've tried it and gonna see how it goes.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory