Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Try doing Kel'Thuzad with the same freezing mechanic, but 40 people that have to spread out in the same amount of room. You thought it was hard to get 25 idiots to spread out...

Deleted
    A small rundown of differences between the lvl 60 Naxx and lvl 80 Naxx, without the whole % of health to damage ratios, just mechanics. This is all based on how I recall it as a prot/dps warrior with 9 bosses killed:
    Spider wing:
    - Anub’rekhan: The whole locust swarm kite phase is trivialised and can be outhealed. Back at 60 locust swarm had a larger radius than healing (50 yards iirc) and silenced. So you had to use a hunter with aspect of the pack to help your tank outrun the boss to not get killed during swarm.
    - Faerlina: Not many changes, except that you actually had to cleanse Poison bolt volley because of the damage the dot dealt in a 40 man environment. Surviving the enrage without sacrificing an add was an impossible feat.
    - Maexxna: The scrapped mechanic revolved around web spray and necrotic poison, which was a 90% healing debuff. A tank could not survive web spray without shield wall (30 min cd back then)/full hots. Also the debuff could be applied during web spray, so abolish poison had to be pre-emptively applied. Possibility of tank dying during sub 20% enrage during web spray was about 90%.
    Plague:
    - Noth: a considerably larger set of adds and aoeing them was unrealistic. The fight revolved around actually off tanking most of those and not killing them. Also tanks did not have pretty much any aoe threat abilities.
    - Heigan: Dance was faster, entire part of the fight scrapped (teleporting random players into the tunnel)
    - Loatheb: A single healer could only cast a single heal once every 60 seconds, and not the way it is now. That naturally limited any possible healing on tanks and raid, requiring a perfect rotation, making the debuff even more deadly. World buffs were pretty much mandatory for first kills.
    Military:
    - Razuvious: Entire concept of mana-draining shout scrapped. That means that the boss no longer has LoS requirements and can be tanked/killed wherever. The shout one shoted mages/healers if they were standing at the wrong spot.
    - Gothic: don’t recall it at all sadly
    - Horsemen: 7 warriors with 4 piece tier 3 were pretty much a requirement to even attempt it, for the 5% taunt hit bonus.
    Construct:
    - Patchwerk: just an incredibly brutal gearcheck. Healers were encouraged to farm Dire maul for a 11mp/5 trinket
    - Grobbulus: no mechanics changes afaik.
    - Gluth: Taunt immune, required 3 tanks for most guilds because of the stacking – heal% debuff. Most of the current kiting abilities weren’t even in the game or functioning the same way.
    - Thaddius: Internet back in those days was way worse…
    Frostwyrm:
    - Sapphiron: full frost resistance was required for the whole raid, most guilds did not have a sufficient amount of frost runes by the time they got to him – diplomacy to acquire runes was required, and they were a very precious commodity. The curse also drained mana afaik.
    - Kel’Thuzad: can’t recall. : (

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    4k ish on dps/healers.
    This is a bit low. My Prot Warrior was at about 9k in half t3 with some t2 and t2.5 thrown in too. At one point I got really close to breaking 11k hp with buffs. When I'd use Last Stand in Org I'd get whispers about having too much hp.
    Last edited by Agallochh; 2011-11-09 at 09:22 PM.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    I didn't do naxxramas at 60 unfortunately, but I still found peoples reminiscing an interesting read. Thank you!

youtube: watch?v=Os60EX0WHEw

I can feel the nostalgia pouring out my ears. Good times, good times.

Quote Originally Posted by PandarianLeakage View Post
    No, 0 latency wasn't needed, just fast moving.
    Classic was only hard because you did require 40 people who had their frontal lobes in tact. Oh and the bosses required more strategy tbh.

More strategy my ass.

Loatheb needed consumables, because you could only heal once per minute. 4horsemen was "hard" only because you needed 8 warriors to have the 4 piece tier 3 set bonus. Heigan was harder, but the tactics were fairly similar.

Most bosses in vanilla was tank&spank with an occasional second phase, adds or a couple of spells, with of course some bossfights excluded. And because everything was new, everyone still think to believe it was so much better. A winning tactic for the WoW community is only a winning tactic once, if repeated halfway then it's a bad thing.

alot of the mechanics were slightly different in the 60 / 80 version. but i felt the 60 was more painfull than the 80, heck it was more epic being there with Mograine. i loved the old character models for the death knight wing too, it just felt WC3ish.
    Tell them that the Lich King is dead...and the World of Warcraft...died with him.

Having 40 people in the raid did make a few fights considerably harder, especially since all the rooms were still the same size. Any fight requiring you to spread your raid X feet away from other people meant you had a lot less "free" space to spread into without bumping into someone else.

I specificly remember that there must have been dozens of wipes my guild at the time went through on 4horsemen simply because of Zeliac's holy chain lightning type thing (same mechanic the Eye of cthun used). Bad luck sticking too many people too close together and when you needed to swap because of the debuff, BOOM and suddenly 5+ people just drop dead instantly. And you didnt have the luxury of spreading out after a boss died in 4h, because when the boss died, he left his Spirit behind, which continued to pulse the stacking damage aura. There was only like a tiny bit of free space after the bosses were positioned, and it was all basicly on their tiny little dais where they start.

Gothik was also a total ass. In the days before super accurate boss mods, that would call out the contents of each wave and its exact timers, You pretty much had to have someone standing by on Vent with a list and a stopwatch, calling the waves wave. Hell, back then, most of the cutting edge guilds were custom writing their own boss mods / timer trackers, since the current boss mods were usually terrible at tracking timers and the like.
    Everyone on the Live Side had a specific CC target, because the adds were evil. Each add had different abilities, and if they werent controlled properly / killed in a specific order, you risked Live Side wipeing, but if you killed them too Fast, or before Dead Side had dealt with their "difficult" adds, you risked the dead side wiping. I remember one of the adds would apply a debuff to anyone it hit, that would make them take AOE damage from a Shadow Aura the Riders had, and if too many people got the debuff, it was basicly game over, and of course, the thing liked to randomly charge people and apply the debuff.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2011-11-10 at 12:45 AM.