Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Druid names that aren't 'comical' puns

I'm going to dust off and rename my long-neglected druid. He's a male tauren, though I might go troll. Mainly Balance right now, but will be playing some feral and resto.

Can anyone help with suggestions for a serious-ish name? I've searched, but just see loads of threads with nothing but goofy multiple-word names that make me cringe (Lazercow, Moonchikin, Shifthappens, Boomchicka, etc.)

I was trying to find some words or syllables - from another language, perhaps - to use or base the name on. Anything concerning druids, mythology (esp. Celtic), stars, moons, eclipses, weather, hawks, owls, trees, etc. would be helpful. Trying not to sound like a random, long 'Elvish' name generator as well.

I'm not opposed to using single, fitting words either. Tried a couple (Saros, Tsunami, Endangered), but taken on my realm as on many, I suspect.

Male or female?
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

Male tauren, mainly balance.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems every druid I see now, has the word "Shift" in their name...Soooo tired of that....

I have a toon called Celticmoon

Deleted
    Starhoof, Ravenfeather, Hawkwind, Thunderhorn, Mistrunner

Deleted
    Something i do, to cheat. Think of what you'd like the name to mean, for example, i wanted my night elf druid to have a reference to the night sky in some way. I goggled baby name sites, typed in the search Star, and Got Asta, which meant falling star. I do this for a fair few of my characters. Like my bear tauren, is called azmina, which means protector.

http://www.babynames.com/Names/search.php

Just put in something youd like it to mean and presto! Some beautiful and unsual names that no one will ever have used.

Deleted
    Look up some ancient gods/goddess names. I named my druid after a celtic healing goddess, played resto back then so it was quite fitting.

I say Packingwood for a tree Druid

Sig by Elyaan

My troll boomkin's name is Vol'atul. Of course there isn't an apostrophe so its Volatul which if you say it fast sounds like "volatile".

Edit: also many of your mythological names are taken on many servers so something a little different and unique you have a better chance of getting.

I like to use words from native american languages, and more specifically cree, for my Tauren names. My druid is a derivation of the cree word for loon. On that note, if you're planning boomkin, you could go with something derived from 'kotawiw' which is part of the words for eclipse, "tipiskaw" which is from the words for moon, or "otakwan" which is an evening star, as a few examples. I'm sure you could look up words from other languages that may be closer to your geographical region to find ones that may be appropriate.

Me and Chucknourish disapprove of this thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilymist View Post
    It seems every druid I see now, has the word "Shift" in their name...Soooo tired of that....

i don't hmm a good name that Makes sence of what a druid being is , no idea , can't make my mind one one

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilymist View Post

"Moon" is pretty much equally as cliche as "Shift" is for Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonBoy View Post
    I say Packingwood for a tree Druid
    Just cringed.

Aiwendil if you can take it. It's the elvish name for Radagast the Brown from Lord of the Rings... who was a totally badass pot smoking, bird loving hippie-wizard.

Oneiro is what I use for my druid who is boomer mainly as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Also open to a name related to his feral appearance (white or black, whichever), like something related to snow, polar bears, Kermode bears, lions, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rathofvol View Post
    Aiwendil if you can take it. It's the elvish name for Radagast the Brown from Lord of the Rings... who was a totally badass pot smoking, bird loving hippie-wizard.
    Hah! That is actually his present name. I was looking for something else more...pronounceable.

Good shout though! Love Tolkien. That's where my other names come from...Oromë, Ithryn, Lorien.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivirus View Post
    Oneiro is what I use for my druid who is boomer mainly as well.
    I like this. These are both the sort of names/basis that I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Lorien; 2011-11-09 at 12:42 AM.

The best feral druid name is Schrodinger.

anyone who gets this is my new best friend.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloody Bamboo Forrest of Eternal Nightmares
    Mine is named Yogibear....can't go wrong with that.

Deleted
    My female night elf druid is called Hedgerow. An nod to Led Zeppelin and bush in general...