10+ Year Old Account

Slow Steam downloads?

So after inquiring on these forums on what I should do about my browser being extremely slow, I did what was suggested and that was to run the cmd 'ipconfig /flushdns' and it worked. However now I am noticing that I am getting steam download speeds of 60kb/s whereas I normally get 1mb+. Any one got any suggestions as to what is causing it.

Just ran a speed test and it is fine 8 down 7 up.

Steam is probably being a bit overloaded because millions of people are downloading MW3

I believe that somewhere in steam you can choose where you're downloading from. You may want to poke through options, find that, and make sure you're downloading from someplace close.

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mosse View Post
    Steam is probably being a bit overloaded because millions of people are downloading MW3
    Oh, did that come out today?
    Scratch my last comment. New plan. Download from someplace that will not have a bunch of people using it. Uzbekistan or something. Try to hit a server that isn't being reemed by the MW3 masses. If MW3 came out, it's a steam server issue, not an internet issue for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    I believe that somewhere in steam you can choose where you're downloading from. You may want to poke through options, find that, and make sure you're downloading from someplace close.
    Yeh I already looked at that and it is set to Manchester (Where I am)

---------- Post added 2011-11-08 at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mosse View Post
    Never thought of that