10+ Year Old Account

Video card question

Is the VisionTek HD5450 ( http://www.visiontek.com/5000-series/hd-5450-2gb.html ) a good vid card for WoW? any idea of how many FPS i could expect in a raid setting on good,high,or ultra graphics? aiming for being able to raid on ultra.

My processor is a AMD ( http://search.amd.com/us/_layouts/se...on=products-us ) Quad Core processor W/ 4gb of Ram.
    Any input and suggestions is greatly appreciated thanks!

Not a good graphics card at all. It's intended for movie playback only, not gaming.
    The very minimum I'd recommend for WoW is the 6670... it's a low end gaming gpu but it'll get you at least good settings, probably high on WoW. Many times more powerful than a 5450.

Your cpu isn't the best for 25m raids either... athlon II's aren't very strong. Shouldn't matter as much if you do 10m's though... and may still be playable in 25m's.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    The HD5450 is a generation old entry level video card designed for HD web surfing and some browser games through Facebook. It will not be able to come even close to playing on Ultra.

Are you planning to raid in 10 mans or 25 mans? Do you know what make / model your power supply is? Is your computer a prebuilt by HP etc? If so what is the make and model of the computer?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes its a HP, model # p6754y....ive been playing with the older model of that vid card and getting decent (30+) fps and sometimes lower depending on where im at in game, i was hoping to see improvement with this new vid card before i opened it... i dont lag much in 25ms and rarely in 10ms, but was looking to increase overall performace. any suggestions on a better vid card in that same price range or slightly higher

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    First, I want to say that everyone in the above postings is correct; the 5450 just isn't designed for gaming although it can with very limited results. Second, you might need to think about a slightly larger budget when it comes to buying a gpu. In a typical gaming computer setup, the GPU is usually the most expensive item versus processor (you don't need top of the line), hard drive (SSD has yet to be a necessity), memory (higher speed memory doesn't always equate to faster gaming). Here's my recommendation for a gpu that shouldn't break the bank if your into the AMD side of the force:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102908

Some reviews look promising, some not but that goes for every gpu. Its a card that shouldn't have any issues with WoW.
    Last edited by Isendar; 2011-11-09 at 08:13 AM.
    "Quit rolling your fat, greasy, cheetos grubbing fingers all over the keyboard!" - Random Burning Crusade Raider circa 2007
    "...tinkering with hardware...more or less electric LEGO for masochists." - Partial quote from Joel Johnson of Kotaku.com
    1/11/06 N/A Ten Day Guest Pass Expired = Vanilla Veteran Proof! (Haters still gonna hate)
    Never forget, that you were warned about the Mists of Pandaria. YOU were WARNED! (10/21/11)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can actually have a card for LESS money that will do far better with WoW. I run this in one of my rigs and running on either high or ultra I only see drops down to 45fps when doing 25m. Any other time I am usually hanging out at 54-60fps. The only momentary issue I ran into was going for the "Many Welps!" achieve where my framerate dropped really low for a few seconds but was fine after that. Its a solid performer for the price and it is certainly good enough for WoW, but spending more means getting to play other games (or future MMOs) without having to worry about replacing your GPU in order to keep a good frame rate.

VisionTek Radeon HD 5450 2GB= $64 for 80 stream processing units.
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5570 1GB= $59 for 400 stream processing units.

10+ Year Old Account
    SO with this Pre made PC i have, what would Vid car would give me the best FPS and performance without changing my power supply? and how can i look up the specs for alot of these cards, i cant find any in depth specs for the 5450 nor can i overclock it.

Oh and my power supply is a Bestec: model atx 350 12z D7R

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by batman30 View Post
    SO with this Pre made PC i have, what would Vid car would give me the best FPS and performance without changing my power supply? and how can i look up the specs for alot of these cards, i cant find any in depth specs for the 5450 nor can i overclock it
    The best video card you can purchase without having to change the power supply is going to be Radeon HD6570 $64.99

10+ Year Old Account
    Nevida all day. I have a 450 which is a prety shitty GPU nad i get 60 fps ultra settings in raids

Mod Warning. This post is considered spam as it does not constructively help the OP in any way. Minor spam can receive a 5 point infraction. Please refrain from making posts like this in the future.

- Culadin
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2011-11-09 at 11:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HBpapa View Post
    You can actually have a card for LESS money that will do far better with WoW. I run this in one of my rigs and running on either high or ultra I only see drops down to 45fps when doing 25m. Any other time I am usually hanging out at 54-60fps. The only momentary issue I ran into was going for the "Many Welps!" achieve where my framerate dropped really low for a few seconds but was fine after that. Its a solid performer for the price and it is certainly good enough for WoW, but spending more means getting to play other games (or future MMOs) without having to worry about replacing your GPU in order to keep a good frame rate.

VisionTek Radeon HD 5450 2GB= $64 for 80 stream processing units.
    Sapphire Radeon HD 5570 1GB= $59 for 400 stream processing units.

Whats the diffrence between this one and the 6570? i see the second one has 480 processing units, but cant see the core clock mhz

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whats the diffrence between this one and the 6570? i see the second one has 480 processing units, but cant see the core clock mhz
    Radeon HD6570 Specs

Should be a core clock of 650Mhz.

You can run a 6670 safely on that power supply... it only has a 63 watt tdp. It's significantly better than a 5570.. well worth the extra $20 imo... though a 5570 will still be playable on reasonable settings.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Deleted
    Moved to "Computer Build Help".

my brother told me to try ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102908 ) would i be able to run that one on my power supply?? and is it possible to change my processor if my athon II isnt good enough?
    The psu might run it but not likely.
    Your best bet for a cpu upgrade is to get an h67 motherboard and an i5-2400... or go for a p67/z68 mobo and an i5-2500k if you want to get serious :P

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rule of thumb is to buy whatever was equivalent to the lifecycle of the hardware in your system and ask yourself whether it was entry, mid, or high end to avoid a bottleneck and save money.

It's also important to know what resolution you intend to play on and, for the love of god, don't just assume a cheap card is good because it has a lot of memory. That is the oldest trick in the book when it comes to graphic card sales.