Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I will be taking great MMO experiences and memories over the last 7 years, a large chunk of my old friends and guildmates, and hopes that TOR will fulfill my MMO needs for the next 7 years like WoW has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    I'm bringing the whole "Pay attention and know your class". I don't think it's hard for people to research their class to optimizie them for endgame. Not so much raiding but any type of endgame. I'm not a min/max person and I never picked my race/profs to marginally increase my performance. I just can't stand when people don't care and are wearing healing gear when trying to DPS. It. Fucking. Kills. Me.
    And then demands the content to be nerfed cause it's too hard. Aggravating, no doubt. It really takes little effort to learn your class. The information is out there in numerous places. Maybe players will be able to ask for help from other players without automatically being labaled a "noob". Looking forward to helping others again. Hopefully SWTOR will have more info in-game for the purpose of shutting the people up that go "I shouldn't have to look outside the game to learn it". Which honestly, I do slightly agree on. Since I do have that same viewpoint when it comes to lore. I shouldn't have to read 3 books between expansions to know what the hell is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by OtisJay View Post
    lol Thats going to be my 1st spam in general chat.. "where is mankriks wife?"
    Dromund Kaas and Coruscant are like a mutated version of Barrens chat and city trade chat.

I actually made this exact comment in the beta in DK, funny enough very few people got the reference.

These zones are going to be so packed with players across several instances (i would wager 10+) chat is going to be flying so fast you can't keep up, and you may not want to cause there are lots of stupid people in the world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jearle View Post
    Dromund Kaas and Coruscant are like a mutated version of Barrens chat and city trade chat.

I actually made this exact comment in the beta in DK, funny enough very few people got the reference.

These zones are going to be so packed with players across several instances (i would wager 10+) chat is going to be flying so fast you can't keep up, and you may not want to cause there are lots of stupid people in the world.
    Chat is totally being turned off for me. Seeing all that scrolling will give me a headache. Not to mention the whole "I like ____ and ____ better in WoW." crap flooding chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And then demands the content to be nerfed cause it's too hard. Aggravating, no doubt. It really takes little effort to learn your class. The information is out there in numerous places. Maybe players will be able to ask for help from other players without automatically being labaled a "noob". Looking forward to helping others again. Hopefully SWTOR will have more info in-game for the purpose of shutting the people up that go "I shouldn't have to look outside the game to learn it". Which honestly, I do slightly agree on. Since I do have that same viewpoint when it comes to lore. I shouldn't have to read 3 books between expansions to know what the hell is going on.
    I'm all about helping people. I never berate someone. I will whisper them and give them some hints/tips etc. I remember being a newb in vanilla and even back in EQ. But, it's when I give those hints/tips and people fire back with "STFU asshole!" Really? Patience really is a virtue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all about helping people. I never berate someone. I will whisper them and give them some hints/tips etc. I remember being a newb in vanilla and even back in EQ. But, it's when I give those hints/tips and people fire back with "STFU asshole!" Really? Patience really is a virtue.
    OMG that annoys me to no end.... try to help someone and they snap at you? No respect for others anymore....

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I hope to have some friends I meet in WoW join me with new kats Ive meet for SWTOR.

In the end, Ill be taking my experience with MMO's and looking forward to bringing back the fun factor that I lost in WoW.

Deleted
    I'm also considering moving the trade chat's all mighty ANAL game too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shardik View Post
    I hope to return to my roots of helping random people as I level and helping new players into the game and not having to be so pessimistic of low level players being veteran players who want you to run through stuff, and know as much as you so you can't show them the ropes or neat little tricks (which is half the fun of helping new players).
    I was trying to think of something ingenious that hadn't been posted before, but... This. Just this.

I remember my first gold.. someone gave it to me while I was killing kobolds. Today people wouldn't even stop to help most of the time. Hopefully there will be more people that will give SWtOR the 'old days' feeling of being an actual community. I guess this really is what I'll take into it, too. =]

I absolutely need to stay away from raiding. Ruins my life.

And I also know my own personality: I'm a sucker for helping others and I tend to be very loyal. If I join a guild they may end up wanting to raid, and even if I don't want to raid I'll end up helping them with it and be trapped again like I was in WoW. Basically, this means NOT joining a guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    All my hot-key MMO experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully gonna bring my friends over from WoW, should I decide to stay ofc.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 06:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    I'm also considering moving the trade chat's all mighty ANAL game too
    Unlikely that some pisser has not done it already

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 06:16 PM ----------

That does make that one person that appreciates the help all the more refreshing.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuff that I can jam into a bag and blow out the airlock of my new ship when I get it.
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will play the game pretty much like WoW, I will figure out the cookie-cutter way of playing for raiding and such. The only thing I'll change initially is the pace I'll level at. I want to see the content unrushed.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am not bringing much really with me to TOR. I played SWG first for a bit (this was after they slaughtered the game) then I went to WoW. If anything I will bring high expectations and patience.

I think from my 4+ years in WOW I take self-confidence and just knowing what type of player I am. I've gone from that guy who didn't know a damn thing to killing LK.

I also take knowledge of knowing what type of guild I am looking for and also what I will and will not accept.

I am bringing my 7 years of finely honed experience trolling trade chat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm taking great people with me. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    key-binding.

...key-binding.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know I'll either be a healer or some form of DW melee class. And a good little break from WoW.