Poll: What part of D3 are you looking forward to the most?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Furiex View Post
    On my end, I play WoW couple times a week and personally i dont like in WoW that there literally is no single player ability to better yourself or just all single player stuff is boring, I hate having to wait for tuesday thursday and sunday nights to raid content and have fun. Thats where D3 shines to me, I love my ability to do end game content and better myself and not have to do Crappy instances always in a group of people that are rude and have the GO GO GO GO mentality.
    That's a great point, being able to solo and improve your character is huge. As it is right now it's like, "ok cool, every Tuesday and Wednesday I have about a 10% chance of improving my character marginally, yay!". Can't wait for a strong sense of character progression again.

@Olafski
    I hadn't heard that but it could certainly be true, I haven't by any means read through everything on DiabloFans yet so there's a lot of news I'm not 100% up to date on. I imagine there will be the mechanic in place where you get the strongest loot on your first Boss kill, then any kills after that have a lower chance of getting high quality stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking forward to the whole experience, but mostly hitting level 30 and having all my skills and passives available, and then geeking out on talent builds and experimenting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story/lore for sure, I never got into the previous diablo games. And when I discovered them they where "too old", and I have a tendency to not get games that arent new...
    My own loss, but they said the story in D3 would be such that you wouldnt have to have played the previous games beforehand. Which is great for weird people like me.
    Deckard Cain will surely fill in the blanks if i stay a while, and listen. !

Also mindless slaughter of demons and whatnot will be kickass ofcourse!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Having a game that me and all my friends who have quit WoW can play together again.

Hacking shit up, obviously. What else would you look forward to?

RMT Auction House no doubt.

That D3 will be playable and fun through a single payer campaign is a given for me. That I will enjoy a few runs with friends MP is also a given. But adding a RMT AH is a layer of intrigue and interest beyond anything I was expecting from D3.

I think the RMT AH is gonna be a huge seachange for the industry of PC gaming. If it works, of course. Heh.

Deleted
    I like the frisson of excitement you get when you see something epic/rare/awesome drop and you just feel really lucky But most of all I guess I'm looking forward to a game that both my husband and I are equally excited about (we often have very different tastes in games, except for WoW and Diablo really), as well as several of my best friends intending to play it seriously - we're going to have some great co-op runs

Co-op
    It's double the fun if you play with good friends, sometimes for progression and sometimes just for fun (like trying stupid builds and stuff).
    And I look forward to the inferno mode, when you really fell that your are fighting the burning hells.

voted for MF. but also i look into crafting, back in the d2 some crafted pieces used to be much better then unique drops even with perfect stats. and of course - Hard core mode all the way.

You left off "runestones." That.

to play a game i love by myself dont need a guild or have to build pugs to get loot or kill stuuf i can just sit back relax have a captain and coke and kill monsters all day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played through D2 at work, it was alright but it was more of a chore to get through, after playing WoW for so long I find its going to be hard to get into an RPG that isnt 3rd person behind your character, Over all im not really interested in D3 at all, to me its like D3 is to D2, as MW3 is to MW2, same crap just looks better. Oh sorry forgot to add, IN MY OPINION.

Spending money on the RL money auction house.

10+ Year Old Account
    I spent countless hours magic finding in Diablo 2. Honestly can't wait to start it up again in Diablo 3. Magic finding while doing work / watching a movie on dual monitors. Don't have to fully commit like I do raiding in WoW is a plus.

Deleted
    It being free.

Voted "Other", because (like every Diablo 3 fan I suspect) what I am most excited about is hacking (or blasting) my way through hordes of assorted demons and other baddies!

Playing through with friends this time. In 2 I was solely single player until earlier this year, missed out on a lot.

And making rl money. Fuck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Didn't Blizzard say they wanted to get rid of the repeated boss killing for items? So you just have to "play the game" to find items instead?

I'm looking forward to everything I can do solo myself
    They are making it so you can no longer simply Teleport through walls to the bosses, I.E. nothing like Diablo 2's 66 second Ancient Tunnel's runs. Preventing people from farming bosses is not possible, at least I don't think it is. All you have to do is create a game, kill boss, leave game, create new game etc. I fail to see how they could regulate that.

OT; I am looking forward to finally having a Time Sink, I have long been gone from WoW & I can't stand console gaming for much longer. It will be nice to have a new game, with new objectives. Though I am mostly looking forward to not having these cookie cutter classes that we had in Diablo2 (Hammerdins, Trapsin etc.). It is looking much more technical, which I love. Can not wait to finally play my Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Ovacor View Post
    They are making it so you can no longer simply Teleport through walls to the bosses, I.E. nothing like Diablo 2's 66 second Ancient Tunnel's runs. Preventing people from farming bosses is not possible, at least I don't think it is. All you have to do is create a game, kill boss, leave game, create new game etc. I fail to see how they could regulate that.

OT; I am looking forward to finally having a Time Sink, I have long been gone from WoW & I can't stand console gaming for much longer. It will be nice to have a new game, with new objectives. Though I am mostly looking forward to not having these cookie cutter classes that we had in Diablo2 (Hammerdins, Trapsin etc.). It is looking much more technical, which I love. Can not wait to finally play my Barbarian
    They can make repeated boss killing very unattractive, which I believe is exactly what they did, through rearranging of drop rates. Also, I think there were some other precautions taken to make getting to the boss harder as well. I think waypoints aren't carried between games? Not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    They can make repeated boss killing very unattractive, which I believe is exactly what they did, through rearranging of drop rates. Also, I think there were some other precautions taken to make getting to the boss harder as well. I think waypoints aren't carried between games? Not sure.
    I think their plan was simply to lower to drop rates on bosses, and increase the drop rates on randomly-spawned Champion monsters. Causing you to actually have to go out in the world and kill shit to find rare items.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.