Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What is the point of Competative PvP at launch? It is primarily endgame related and relies on a large population of max level characters. With no cross-server pvp it will take even more time before there are enough people for real competitive pvp. They have said that Rated WZs are coming and expect they'll arrive when the population is ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
    No final word for now, but most likely addons will appear. Pve without some sort of recount/power auras will be frustrating.
    Then why state that they "promised"?

Deleted
    Apparently I'm not allowed to post links here, well then Darthhater.com has 2 interesting articles about this topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I read, GeorgeZoeller merely said that macros would something they'd be working on after launch, but that it wasn't a priority.

I can't recall specifics surrounding add-on (though I'd wager that they were against it).

I think its fine for the launch, but if these things are not fixed 1 month after release, the game has a serious problem.

Deleted
    Like said earlier there will be rated WZs Soon™ after the launch. Which is just fine for the reasons stated in prevoius posts; Rated PvP in start while majority of playerbase is still leveling and enjoying the story just don't work.

So lets summarize facts:
    - no arena
    - no rated BGs
    - no massive BGs, only 8x8 format
    - only 3 BGs
    - only 4 ppl can join as premade. You cant even form normal premade for facerolling BGs
    - world pvp on quests will be minimal cause of design questlines
    - Illum will not be faction balanced by devs (like wgp in wow on woltk start)
    No competive at all in whole game? Does it fine for you?
    -The warzones are 8v8 areas, they are just objective based and not "herp derp kill all that is red".
    -Rated Warzones are confirmed at launch.
    -No massive bgs? Doesnt matter because the world pvp in SW:TOR is bigger then TB and WG combined.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im fine with it, might keep some of the "OMG you're only at 252 ratingz scrub, I have a 3100" E-peen, go play with a socket!" away from the game for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

So lets summarize facts:
    - no arena
    - no rated BGs
    - no massive BGs, only 8x8 format
    - only 3 BGs
    - only 4 ppl can join as premade. You cant even form normal premade for facerolling BGs
    - world pvp on quests will be minimal cause of design questlines
    - Illum will not be faction balanced by devs (like wgp in wow on woltk start)
    No competive at all in whole game? Does it fine for you?
    -Warzones are 8v8 arenas, they are just objective based unlike WoW's "herp derp kill all red players to win"

-Rated Warzones is confirmed at launch

-Massive BGs? Atleast there is open world pvp which is bigger then WG and TB combined

-So you want to faceroll in premades? Stay in WOW please.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post

Edit #1: I'm obviously aware that it may be added later, this just means that I'm even less likely to buy it on launch (and I'm certainly not going to pre-order, paying EXTRA to pre-order? What? If anything it should be cheaper).
    #2: If a game wants to compete with WoW it needs to compete to the current state of it, not the state it had when it originally launched. I felt I had to clarify that if there was anyone who didn't understand what I meant with the first part of this post.
    What hell are you talking about? Misinformation like this makes me want to smack a baby

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Edit #1: I'm obviously aware that it may be added later, this just means that I'm even less likely to buy it on launch (and I'm certainly not going to pre-order, paying EXTRA to pre-order? What? If anything it should be cheaper).
    How is it more expensive? The $5 you spend on the pre-order goes towards the purchase of the game, it's a deposit to show you have the intention of buying it. So it's the same price as if it were available today, and you walked into the store and purchased it.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 12:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    "(cross server) LFD,Dual spec"
    People are used to it, and will get a bad feeling when they can't use it anymore.
    BW already stated they will never do cross server LFD. Said it destroys the community.

I agree that this game gives very few options for competitive pvp'ers, none at all actually
    It appears BW doesn't want to focus on pvp that much for launch, whether you like that or not is up to you.

I would have preferred some options, but I guess I'll have to wait for GW2 to satisfy my player-killing urges
    Yea they don't want to focus on pvp that much at all, which is why in order to get the best rewards for PvP, you need to do both instanced and open world pvp situations. Let's not forget who's running their PvP team, Bioware Mythic, same guys who are known for doing WAR's RvR.

Not focused on PvP.

You're crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreavus View Post
    Yea they don't want to focus on pvp that much at all, which is why in order to get the best rewards for PvP, you need to do both instanced and open world pvp situations. Let's not forget who's running their PvP team, Bioware Mythic, same guys who are known for doing WAR's RvR.

Not focused on PvP.

You're crazy.
    Please don't overreact, I said they're not focusing on pvp that much for launch.

There's 3 battlegrounds and an open-world zone, which is really not that much.
    I can easily see them adding more stuff after a few months, to make competitive pvp viable.
    but they're gonna have to do quite a lot.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Deleted
    Why is everyone saying that they are happy with no arenas in the game.Arenas is the best thing in wow for me in theory because its the most skill based thing to do.The fact that classes are imbalanced and ruin arenas is another matter but the concept of arena is really good.

noone is asking for 30 bg's and arena's, the main issue is that at launch, there is nothing even close to competitive pvp. Please don't try to ridicule people with a different opinion.
    Please lay down your definition of "competitive".

I'll lay down mine.

: relating to, characterized by, or based on competition <competitive sports>
    : inclined, desiring, or suited to compete <a competitive personality> <salary benefits must be competitive — M. S. Eisenhower>
    : depending for effectiveness on the relative concentration of two or more substances <competitive inhibition of an enzyme>
    : to strive consciously or unconsciously for an objective (as position, profit, or a prize) : be in a state of rivalry <competing
    So let's take a look at SW:TOR's PvP, to determine whether or not it's competitive:

- PvP Ranks/Titles - Yes [Position]
    - Leveling through PvP - Yes [Profit]
    - PvP Gear Rewards for both Open World and Instanced - Yes [Prize]
    - Opposition - Yes, in the form of same-faction and cross-faction [Rivalry]

By definition, you're wrong. O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Arenas is the best thing in wow for me in theory because its the most skill based thing to do.
    Not sure if serious.

Please don't overreact, I said they're not focusing on pvp that much for launch.

There's 3 battlegrounds and an open-world zone, which is really not that much.
    I can easily see them adding more stuff after a few months, to make competitive pvp viable.
    but they're gonna have to do quite a lot.
    3 WZ's and an open-world RvR zone, not to mention all of the areas in the Galaxy where open world pvp will take place, given the fact that you gain rewards for both open-world pvp and instanced pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreavus View Post
    ~snip~
    What I mean with competitive PVP is a way for organized groups to compete in a well-thought out ranking system (ELO for example),
    preferably with a rank ladder.

Tournament play, player- or developer-organized.

Striving for game balance/fair fights (reduction of gear dependency / difference between pvp/pve skill versions)
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Striving for game balance/fair fights (reduction of gear dependency / difference between pvp/pve skill versions)
    Are you suggesting that Arena would assist in the "Striving for game balance" part?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    Are you suggesting that Arena would assist in the "Striving for game balance" part?
    read my previous posts, I don't even like wow pvp, and I especially think arena's are not suited for e-sport pvp.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!