Thread: Low Xp servers

Low Xp servers

hi
    i've heard before that blizzard don't like the idea about having "classic only" or "tbc only" servers.
    But what about low experience servers (like cut in half the actual xp gains, no heirlooms, no RAF gains), where people can actually LEARN the classes before getting to max level?.
    It would be nice to see people in quest and dungeons gear, pvp'ing to get low lvl pvp gear, not just the same "heirloom guys" over and over.
    There are a lot of fun quests, and low lvl pvp is fun, but most people just like to rush to 85 and sit in the big cities waiting for the LFD to pop up.
    what do you guys think?

personally, i think that the required amount of time to reach max lvl right now is ridiculous.

On Moon Guard there are a lot of 'classic' or 'tbc' raiding guilds. Some on Horde and Alliance. However if you play Alliance, never go to Goldshire. I don't think Blizzard will ever actually make those servers as a ruleset, so this is probably the best you can get. A guild that shuts off experience at 60/70 and runs old raids together.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    On Moon Guard there are a lot of 'classic' or 'tbc' raiding guilds. Some on Horde and Alliance. However if you play Alliance, never go to Goldshire. I don't think Blizzard will ever actually make those servers as a ruleset, so this is probably the best you can get. A guild that shuts off experience at 60/70 and runs old raids together.
    You kind of missed the point, or didn't read past the first sentence. What the OP is asking for, is servers where experience gains are reduced, since at the moment it's quite ridiculous, you outlevel zones so fast even without any xp-boosting stuff. Without doing any dungeons, I still regularly had to turn off experience on my alt to keep my level appropriate to the zones.

Anyways, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea, but those servers would probably have immensely low population, as most of the playerbase just wants to level as fast as possible. Going back now just isn't really possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ovamaestro View Post
    hi
    i've heard before that blizzard don't like the idea about having "classic only" or "tbc only" servers.
    But what about low experience servers (like cut in half the actual xp gains, no heirlooms, no RAF gains), where people can actually LEARN the classes before getting to max level?.
    It would be nice to see people in quest and dungeons gear, pvp'ing to get low lvl pvp gear, not just the same "heirloom guys" over and over.
    There are a lot of fun quests, and low lvl pvp is fun, but most people just like to rush to 85 and sit in the big cities waiting for the LFD to pop up.
    what do you guys think?

personally, i think that the required amount of time to reach max lvl right now is ridiculous.
    I played during vanilla, where exp gain was painfully slow. And you know what? Most people at max level couldn't play their classes. Slow xp gain does not equal knowing how to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think those servers wouldn't have a healthy population.

Could there be an option to turn exp gain in half (there's one to stop gaining, why not make one that turns on half)

Quote Originally Posted by Pent View Post
    You kind of missed the point, or didn't read past the first sentence. What the OP is asking for, is servers where experience gains are reduced, since at the moment it's quite ridiculous, you outlevel zones so fast even without any xp-boosting stuff. Without doing any dungeons, I still regularly had to turn off experience on my alt to keep my level appropriate to the zones.

Anyways, I think it wouldn't be a bad idea, but those servers would probably have immensely low population, as most of the playerbase just wants to level as fast as possible. Going back now just isn't really possible.
    Yeah I covered that in the "don't think Blizzard will do this" part. You can turn off the exp, or you can level through the zones. No real choice at the moment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by think309 View Post
    I played during vanilla, where exp gain was painfully slow. And you know what? Most people at max level couldn't play their classes. Slow xp gain does not equal knowing how to play.
    Yarp. Leveling is just a grind, all you need to be is "good enough" to get by, and that bar is set fairly low now and it was just a tad higher back then. The only thing the vanilla leveling experience taught anyone was a fear towards linked groups of mobs that don't appear to be linked in any way shape or form but for some reason they still are. Ack, there were a fair few of them around and it killed people. Daily. Especially fun were the melee/caster combo packs, they rocked.

I think it's pretty much a given that the answer to "Will Blizzard ever implement any new special interest realm, not designed to appeal to all players?" Is, and will always be, "No."

Normal, PvP, Normal-RP and PvP-RP are the only options you're ever likely to see.
    When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up. -- C. S. Lewis

run out of quests midway through a level and have to grind centaurs for 2 hours like in vanilla? sounds fun...

10+ Year Old Account
    So turn off your experience when necessary, don't ever wear heirlooms, don't get herbing or mining. And stay away from guilds that provide XP bonuses while leveling.

But mainly the first two.

Quote Originally Posted by kharig View Post
    run out of quests midway through a level and have to grind centaurs for 2 hours like in vanilla? sounds fun...
    so true, lol so, very very true.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kharig View Post
    Leveled enough characters to 60 back then to know this wasn't the case, just had to know where to look and be willing to travel

Actually travelling the world! crazy I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the current leveling situation is horrible, but nobody would play on those servers.

I think the changes in leveling were a bad idea. I used to actually like to level alts. Not anymore. The only place to go for a challenge in WoW is heroic mode of the current tier of raids. Damned shame.
    I like sandwiches

This may be a dumb question but, how do you turn off the XP gain?
    National Sarcasm Society - Like We Need Your Support