Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How about Forsaken: Undead Orc/Elfs models

I was thinking, the Forsaken only have undead human models. well since we are getting new models, how about a new Forsaken undead race model (orcs and Elfs)?
    lore wise it makes sense, because the lich king did have many other races than Human. what would be wrong if the undead orc or undead elf joined the forsaken?
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Sounds good to me, though I guess other races would cry that they didn't get as many options as the Forsaken, then.

Originally, the Forsaken were specifically the Lordaeron Scourge that regained their minds, which were predominantly human. With Sylvanas adding new undead to her ranks however... there's less justification. Then again, those undead seem to be more like the Scourge and not the Forsaken, being directly subservient to Sylvanas' will, so that might not matter after all.

That said, I really would like to see "subrace" choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    I was thinking, the Forsaken only have undead human models. well since we are getting new models, how about a new Forsaken undead race model (orcs and Elfs)?
    lore wise it makes sense, because the lich king did have many other races than Human. what would be wrong if the undead orc or undead elf joined the forsaken?
    I agree.
    However the Forsaken are a part of the horde, so i believe you wouold have to let this choice be cosmetic instead of a new "forsaken race".
    But then again; EVERY race playable by the player has alot of undead in the scourge, so you would end up with night elves, gnomes, dwarfs, draenei ETC on the horde side.
    Sure they'd be undead and the Forsaken are basicly humans themselves, but it would still piss off the Alliance players and feel awkward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

scourge = undead.

forsaken - undead from the human kingdom of lordaeron that gained intellectual independence with the help of lady sylvannis.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    scourge = undead.

forsaken - undead from the human kingdom of lordaeron that gained intellectual independence with the help of lady sylvannis.
    thats not all true. in vanilla lore, it states that there were some fallen High Elfs in the Forsaken as well.
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

scourge = undead.

Sylvanas*
    And The Forsaken are not only the people from the kingdom of lordaeron.
    Sylvanas has raised alot of dead soldiers from different factions and also people from the city of Gilneas.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    thats not all true. in vanilla lore, it states that there were some fallen High Elfs in the Forsaken as well.
    Sylvanas is a High Elf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Any Forsaken PCs made post-Cata must be human as they are raised by the Val'kyr who can only raise humans while serving Sylvanas.

I want new models for the Forsaken (particularly to get rid of 1-dimensional triangles
    One day I look forward to seeing full grown adults realize that their averse reactions to levity and positive/contemplative expressions of emotion are a cry for therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    Any Forsaken PCs made post-Cata must be human as they are raised by the Val'kyr who can only raise humans while serving Sylvanas.

I want new models for the Forsaken (particularly to get rid of 1-dimensional triangles
    You cant have a 1 dimensional triangle, it's like having a 2 dimensional cube. ;P
    Raaaa!

scourge = undead.

This. The forsaken are very much tied to Lordaeron. Sure there are a lot of undead about that may join the Forsaken but it should be primarily human. Especially as the early quests have you waking up around there.

This has been up before.

Thing is that:

1) Some races like worgen are lore-wise immune to being raised as undead (which is why worgen DK's make zero sense, but hey gameplay I guess). It is not specified which races are immune to this. For all we know both orcs, tauren, gnomes, draenei and all the other playables might be immune. Again Dk's exist for most races, but i reckon thats a gameplay thing.

2) Blizzard probably won't make such an extensive effort for one race (no matter how awesome-sauce it would be, I agree), especially when the updating thing are a lot of work in itself.

As for what races would be viable I remember seeing Murlocs, naga, trolls, humans, high elves, nerubians and vrykul as undead (again I dont count DK's so Saurfang and such dont count here). I can't remember seeing others on an even remotely regular basis, but feel free to correct me here.

Given the whole banshee and dark ranger thing it would be an excellent and perhaps realistic feature for the new forsaken models (when and if they arrive) to have options for pointy ears and elven faces.... Possible, but nor probable

Deleted
    I don't think garrosh would allow sylvanas to use other members of the horde as scourge.
    Maybe undead gnomes, how about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Val'kyr can't reanimate anyone but humans, and with Arthas out of the picture the Scourge won't be reappearing to reanimate non-human races.

Non-human Forsaken aren't gonna happen
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

honestly i'd like the undead to become a more unique looking race.
    maybe write in storyline up where Syl is tired of her current undead army and wants to upgrade, instituting a nation-wide alteration of all the undead. they can become basically little flesh golems, all stitched up from various parts of other dead people, maybe with some alchemical or technological parts stuck in them at random intervals to really give a more frankenstien's monster look. sorta like thaddius or thyrm
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Sylvanas is a High Elf.
    Some =/= one
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    1) Some races like worgen are lore-wise immune to being raised as undead (which is why worgen DK's make zero sense, but hey gameplay I guess). It is not specified which races are immune to this. For all we know both orcs, tauren, gnomes, draenei and all the other playables might be immune. Again Dk's exist for most races, but i reckon thats a gameplay thing.
    Sorta. It's more that the val'kyr are not as powerful as the Lich King, who was able to raise any of the currently-playable races with no problem at all. It's harder for them to raise anything but a human, and that's likely because of the genetic ties humans have with vrykul.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 08:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Originally, the Forsaken were specifically the Lordaeron Scourge that regained their minds, which were predominantly human. With Sylvanas adding new undead to her ranks however... there's less justification. Then again, those undead seem to be more like the Scourge and not the Forsaken, being directly subservient to Sylvanas' will, so that might not matter after all.

That said, I really would like to see "subrace" choices.
    Where do you gather that? It's explicitly shown in Deathknell that the risen are allowed to do whatever they want, so long as they do not pose a direct threat to the Forsaken. This includes going back to death.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    I don't know about orc, but High Elf forsaken make a lot of sense lore-wise. If they ever reworked the race models, it'd be nice if there were more options per race such as Forsaken (Human/High Elf)

Humans could choose which Kingdom they are from
    Dwarves could choose which clan they are from
    Draenei could choose to be pure or "broken".
    Orcs could choose to be Azeroth Green Skins or Draenor brown skins.
    Undead could choose to be Human of High Elf forsaken
    Trolls could choose to be Darkspear, Revantusk or Shatterspear.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post

While this is true, I'd like to see an undead high elf model option, since a good number of them should be counted among the original Forsaken numbers. Don't think it will happen though, changes the aesthetic of the race too much. That's not even considering the fact that more players would probably use the high elf model (assuming that by blood elf popularity).

Quote Originally Posted by Wysmark View Post
    Some races like worgen are lore-wise immune to being raised as undead (which is why worgen DK's make zero sense, but hey gameplay I guess).
    Worgen are resistant the the Forsaken plague and apparently change enough genetically to not be res-able by the Val'kyr. That has nothing to do with the Lich King raising a hero as a Death Knight. Likewise, all other non-human races will still be slain by the plague but cannot be raised by the Val'kyr.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2011-11-09 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Boredom struck so did this:

This isn't really possible.

Fallen High Elves are possible, as are Humans, that's it.

If we give Forsaken all Horde races, we would have to give them all Alliance races as well, because the Forsaken wouldn't stop there.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gaq62VCcnew
    Nevar 4get Exarch Cyn.
    The Horde and The Alliance haven't changed since Warcraft 2. Pandaren are the first true change to either faction for 12 years.