Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So we will see sith warriors and sith inquisitors with green and yellow sabers. -__-

10+ Year Old Account
    If they want to, sure.

You can find quotes from several of the devs floating around different gaming sites/blogs: There will be a few dozen choices for lightsaber colors.

No one knows if you have to wait for raids, PvP, end-game, specific quests or what, they would not specify, they just insisted that there will ultimately be a large number of choices for saber color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Komie View Post
    They still say Cata needs a lot of work, and this expansion (edit for reference: MoP) is in the final stages.
    Quoted for... truth? on 11/30/2011.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post
    I hope there are black lightsaber/blaster crystals
    White on black doesn't really make sense.

If it's a black blade it will fade black to the edges, not white. Which would be cool as hell, I agree.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    [Colour Stone]

As long as I can get my silver Lightsaber Ill be happy -_-; (preferably not a special, limited or otherwise restricted color! )

Oh and Darth Vader used his blue Lightsaber until Obi-wan stole it from him. ^_^;
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    Lightsaber colors are NOT restricted by faction.
    He didn't say they were... he actually implied that it's possible to get Red for Jedi, and Blue or Green for Sith... it's just not EASY.

As it stands, know colours are: Red, Purple, Blue, Green, and the pre-order Yellow w/ Black.

Assumed colours from KOTOR/KOTOR2: Silver, Viridian, Cyan, Orange, Bronze

I sure as hell do not wanna see the Black crystals from "Force Unleashed"... thought they were ugly as sin.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jawstrock View Post
    As long as I can get my silver Lightsaber Ill be happy -_-; (preferably not a special, limited or otherwise restricted color! )

Oh and Darth Vader used his blue Lightsaber until Obi-wan stole it from him. ^_^;
    I think Vader's choice was one of oppourtunity than it was of desire. He was annointed Darth Vader, and sent out on duty right away. No time to get materials to re-make his lightsaber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizo View Post
    hmm in the films its always been blue for the jedi and red for the sith , so i guess it will be the same . As well tho i guess other colours will be available , after all mace windu used a violet coloured lightsaber.
    not entirely true lightsaber crystals were used to indicate a Jedi's chosen class. Blue indicated a Jedi Guardian, a Jedi who used the Force on a more physical level. Green indicated a Jedi Consular, a Jedi who preferred to reflect on the mysteries of the Force and fight the dark side at its heart. Yellow indicated a Jedi Sentinel, a Jedi who honed their skills in a balance of combat and scholarly pursuits.

10+ Year Old Account
    blue, hands down

Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    and depending on your LS/DS choise get red for Republic and blue for Empire.
    simply not true, LS/DS has no bearing at all on lightsaber color

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 09:44 AM ----------

yeah. no problem. As long you have Artifice
    you don't need any profession skill to get a red, blue or green lightsaber, just some money and the auction house... or a friend who can make them.

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    He didn't say they were... he actually implied that it's possible to get Red for Jedi, and Blue or Green for Sith... it's just not EASY.
    Incorrect. It's incredibly easy.
    Last edited by Karazee; 2011-11-09 at 02:44 PM.

Going to go yellow, via the colour stone or the modification. Ever since I first played Jedi Academy yellow just seemed the best colour. So, double bladed yellow saber ftw!

MainTankasin - Consular/Inquisitor Tanking

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Red / Green / Blue are made quite easily with a profession, yellowyorange is bought through the pvp currency, haven't seen a purple one personally. I'd presume that you can make different colours at higher level but my beta weekend ended before I got it high enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about different colors for dual wielding?

Like, could you have one red and one purple saber as a Marauder, or one green and one blue saber as a Sentinel?

Or what about DBLS? Can one side be blue and the other be yellow?

As for me, I've always been a fan of blue lightsabers. Blue is my favorite color.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What about different colors for dual wielding?

Like, could you have one red and one purple saber as a Marauder, or one green and one blue saber as a Sentinel?

Or what about DBLS? Can one side be blue and the other be yellow?

As for me, I've always been a fan of blue lightsabers. Blue is my favorite color.
    From the SW Lore, double-sided light-sabers use 2 different color crystal(one on each end) and often 2 diffuser, meaning each blade could have totally different property(as much as one being much shorter, stronger, different color, etc. Commonly though, both blade have the same color, usually representing a caste in the Jedi order(or just red for Sith, I read about the reason but I forgot it. something about red showing strength or something.... )

Frankly, it's a bit off subject but, I hope they have different LS sounds also. Think Luke's LS vs Vaders when they fought inthe Sky city(Luke's LS(well ok anakin's still) was very high pitch sound, while vader was much deeper, sounding much more stronger).

Would be a great detail.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    There's blue, green, red, yellow, and purple at least. And the pre-order bonus crystal is supposedly yellow with a black outline?
    I believe the pre-order is more golden. And don't hold me on this but I THINK a white light saber is possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I played in the test server few months ago and all the red crystals were restricted to the dark side, tier 3 if i remember correctly, meaning you can still have a red saber has a jedi but you need to go down the dark side.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

IN the TOR universe, Jedi traditonally have blue,green and yellow color crystals and Sith have traditonally used red and orange. We know other colors exist and are not very hard to acquire nor are they restricted to factions. Want to RP a Dark Jedi with a red saber? Go for it. A Jedi who wants to stand out and have a purple saber? That's fine.

I've seen red, green, blue, purple and golden or yellow (though this is from the pre order I think). I think black and white would be really cool too though.

Lightsaber colors are NOT restricted by faction.
    Thats exactly what he just said.

The preorder crystal is a deep yellow with black edges. I'll probably rock purple or silver myself if possible. I was in beta a long ass time ago, and you could use blue lightsabers as sith. Likewise, if you were lightside sith, you couldn't use red (unless the saber you got came with red in it like the first you get). That is probably subject to change as I haven't seen beta in months. :<