"Primary HD" Change?

Alright, so I have a SSD and a normal HD. The SSD is in there as C:/ and the normal HD is in there as D:/ they are both marked for Primary, but how can I make it so anything else I download will just go straight to D:/. Only things I have and as far as right now I want on the SSD is Windows nd WoW.

I know you can change the drive letters, but wouldnt that messed up with some of the files. Is there any way to just make D:/ the Primary and if I ever wanna put something else on the SSD just change the drive letter for I save the specific file?

Shouldn't you be able to just switch the "standart download to:" location in the browser you choose to use as standart browser?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hang on... what exactly is wrong with the setup you have?
    I'd have thought that would be desireable....

You are not supposed to change drive letters or primary HD to change download path...

You are supposed to change the download location via the browsers options. Otherwise you most likely get a window popping up asking "Where do you want to download".

I assume you have Firefox since it's the most popular one. Simply go to "Tools" then Settings, and in the first tab there will be a setting at the middle/bottom that says something along the lines of "Save files to" and a directory where files are downloaded to, for example "Downloaded files" or "Documents" or whatever. Just change that to what you want it to be.
    Last edited by Pappahealar; 2011-11-09 at 11:35 AM.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

I use Chrome, I dont want EVERYTHING I download to go on the SSD, and the SSD is set to C:/ which is I guess "default", but ya I guess I can just change the download destination on Chrome consider that we'll be the most likely place I'll be downloading things, other then that will just have to change the path.

You could do a lot more if you were so inclined, I have my SSD as my main(C drive, but when I installed windows I did some sysprep magic and had it move all user folders to the D: drive. Now all my user info, pics, music, video, download are all defaulted to the D: The only thing I ever have to worry about is installing programs and changing that to D: if it is something that I don't want to take up space.

Another thing to do to save space on the SSD is to turn off windows system restore as well as the page file. The page file takes up the whole amount you have set for the max on your C: drive.

I have windows 7 ultimate x64 installed and with the tweaks it only takes up 17GB of space on my 120GB SSD. That leaves me 103GB for programs!.