10+ Year Old Account

New laptop question

Hello guys,

A week ago I sent my laptop to ASUS for recovery. NOw it turns out they are unable to fix the issue and I have been offered a new laptop however I am not sure on how to compare the two and if I should agree to their offer could you please help me out?

The components I am not entirely sure about are the processor and the videocard.

Processor old:
    AMD Athlon(tm) II Dual-Core M300 2.00 GHz

Processor offered:
    intel core I 5 2410 m

Videocard old:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570

Videocard offered:

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 540M with 1GB

What do you guys say? Yay or nay?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
    Chevelle
    Last edited by Chevelle; 2011-11-09 at 04:21 PM.

Chevelle founder and Guild Master of<Divide and Conquer> @ Frostmane EU
    Also please follow me on Twitter

Deleted
    That is a great upgrade all around. Grab it without a moment's hesitation.

They're exchanging a low-mid end AMD processor from 2009 with a mid-high end 2011 Intel model, it's a great upgrade.
    Pretty much the same deal on the gfx card
    Last edited by mmocd0828b0993; 2011-11-09 at 04:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright that is great news then! Do you think I'd be able to play BF3 on it? I have it somewhere but my old system would obviously not run it. Also what about graphics in WoW? High/Ultra?

Thanks so much for the initial response though I'll wait and hope to see a few more responses and then take action! Would like to see what that new setup is capable of , hehehe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Should run WoW at Ultra without a hiccup (shadows down of course), but for BF3 it's hard to say and depends on resolution. If it's a 1080p screen then you *might* pull low-medium settings, you'll have to customize settings further though to squeeze out FPS.
    For MMO's and stuff like DotA/LoL that laptop will do great, GPU-heavy shooters not so much.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Chevelle View Post
    Allright that is great news then! Do you think I'd be able to play BF3 on it? I have it somewhere but my old system would obviously not run it. Also what about graphics in WoW? High/Ultra?

Thanks so much for the initial response though I'll wait and hope to see a few more responses and then take action! Would like to see what that new setup is capable of , hehehe.
    Assuming it's 1366x768 resolution you should be able to manage.. probably low settings though.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One... now I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright,
    Thank you Xuvial. From what I found through google I SHOULD be able to run BF3 at low , which is better then it not running at all. I'll definately be playing WoW on ultra though.