Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugmuc View Post
    I'm betting those two words would scare most generic players in WoW if Blizzard did this method. :P

But an Engineer could technically go all healing/buffing, but why would you want to when you can whip out your grenades or bombs and help rofl some enemies?
    Yea. It also makes you less dependent on external factors- side A had 20 healers, side B none-type situations. >.>

That's what is intriguing about the system- combat is fluid. An Elementalist can water attune and toss out some heals/buffs then attune more offensively to fight mobs/players. Or a warrior can give out buffs/banners, CC a few lesser targets (hammer) and roll up to a baddie with a 2h rawr. A necro can strip the buffs off other and share them, etc.

There is no dedicated healers, but there will be profs that can heal others the only difference that this makes is that , the damage would be constant like in wow, and instead everyone will be required to put down damage etc, however at time where healing is needed(if there are fights that have points that require high healing out put at points) then support style classes will provided the healing that your own heals cant quite manage.

Ofc that just my opinion cant say anything about game mechanics until beta, also alot of people said this will make leveling require no skill bla bla bla, but anyone with half a brain will understand that the game will be balance around you having said heal

I would much rather have a healer hiding behind a pillar and then spamming heals on me, as the dps, so as to force a predictable CC-lock in order to kill me! Because that's skill!

If you couldn't tell, I'm glad there are no more healers or tanks for that matter. The mmo needs revamping and WoW's arena novelty ran off for me a long while ago. If you've experience a few wins and know how to, it all becomes much of the same. The only reason to continue after that is if your friends play or due to your e-peen, but certainly not because it is a better system.

I'm excited for it. My first and favorite MMO I played didn't have any healers, but everyone had the ability to heal yourself and others. Shit, the word 'tank' didn't even exist back then, there were only 'meat shields'.

I like being self reliant on my combat while playing with others, it can make things pretty exciting.

My biggest problem in WoW is that I have to rely on other players, to survive...sure, I won't be able to stand against an Elder Dragon on my own if everyone else is popping daisies around me, BUT...I can make damn sure I'm the last one standing, just like on most boss fights in WoW, simply by knowing how to play. No more seeing your health bar drop and wonder where the F that blasted healer went! No more using MD, taking it slow and STILL get that huge group of mobs trained on your huntery arse because the tank didn't "lolcare" enough to keep aggro in any way possible.

No..GW2 = skill. If you ain't got the skills and the will to learn, you're out. Nobody will want to play if they realise they can't survive compared to others, and as such, tons of inept players will be put off. And I ain't saying those inept players have to be coming from WoW, not at all...but a lot of them are, and it makes me smile thinking about wether or not that "imba" holy paladin player would survive 1 battle in a GW2 pvp match...I seriously doubt it. Standing in one spot, smashing buttons that'll heal you for all your health, ain't skill.

No Holy Trinity = among the top things to be excited about in this game imo. I love the thought of personal responsibility.

No healers will be great!

So says everyone who has yet to play the game. It's just like every other new big hyped game that comes out.

oh it's gonne be perfect!
    or
    this shit will kill WoW
    or
    lolz stupid holy trinity games are out dated lololz

My guess is it will appeal to a very limited number of people and everyone is STILL going to cry that everyone else is OP and they are underpowered.

Will I try it? Eventually. People who claim this is gods gift need to seriously shut up already though.

If you don't like it, give your opinion and be polite about it. There is no reason to be rude to others who happen to be very excited about it. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2011-11-10 at 08:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellaciouss View Post
    So says everyone who has yet to play the game. It's just like every other new big hyped game that comes out.

My guess is it will appeal to a very limited number of people and everyone is STILL going to cry that everyone else is OP and they are underpowered.

Will I try it? Eventually. People who claim this is gods gift need to seriously shut up already though.
    So says someone who has yet to play this game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But but but im a dedicated healer...guess its not soo bad that there is more player accountability for thier own actions though..tired of having to get pissy with people when they blame the healer for their own stupidity.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellaciouss View Post
    Care to elaborate? Healers and tanks are usually least played roles in mmos, so how did you come up with that GW2 combat system without dedicated healers would "appeal to very limited number of people"? I have yet to read any negative review of combat system from anyone who have played demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Care to elaborate? Healers and tanks are usually least played roles in mmos, so how did you come up with that GW2 combat system without dedicated healers would "appeal to very limited number of people"? I have yet to read any negative review of combat system from anyone who have played demo.
    I think he's saying that people generally don't want to take personal responsibility for their own fuck ups. Easier to blame the healer than themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    Reaching zero HP in GW2 doesn't mean instant death, you go into a "last stand" mode when you're on the ground immobile yet still able to do some abilities. This allows a team mate to run up to you and revive you before you actually do die. So there is some room for fuck ups, but it will still piss your party off if you constantly have to be revived.

Quote Originally Posted by NyghtFox View Post
    But but but im a dedicated healer...guess its not soo bad that there is more player accountability for thier own actions though..tired of having to get pissy with people when they blame the healer for their own stupidity.
    You can still be a dedicated healer, you'll just be dedicated to healing yourself :P

Quote Originally Posted by NyghtFox View Post
    even though i'm more of the healer type, i can't tell how many times i wished i could do more on the offensive side when grouped with people who could barely make proper dps.

hopefully, this won't ever be a problem anymore in GW2 and no matter how much support i'll bring to a group, that won't gimp my offensive potential. hell, with skill-combos it might even increase it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    I think he's saying that people generally don't want to take personal responsibility for their own fuck ups. Easier to blame the healer than themselves.
    More or less this. If you even say the words "change" or "responsibility" to a generic hardcore WoW player, they (visibly) cringe. That's why most people would rather dps than heal or tank. Usually the only reason I've ever raided as dps is because I didn't screw up and I knew how to support the team if something did go wrong (Feral Druid dps with Brez back in the day). Other than that I try to tank that best I can, but I've come to loath healing in PvE. PvP is a bit more challenging so sometimes I heal in BGs for fun.

Can't wait for GW2. I'm dying to see the Engineer finished completely. I want to see the Elixir Gun finished so I can hurl vials at people and debuff them with random debuffs. Haha!

Quote Originally Posted by amishjello View Post
    So if im right, i remember reading that GW 2 will not have any dedicated healers. Instead all classes will be given self heals. How much do you think this will effect PvP? I cant see the self heals doing much much less surviving spikes or focused pressure.

So what do you think about it?
    GW2 combat has much more in common with FPS type games than the traditonal wow type MMO. Counterstrike was increadbly popular and yet had no healing ability at all. Several other FPS games have "Medic" type classes but those are more about patching up players after they get out of the line of fire. They have no chance of keeping the goofball that is standing in the open geting spiked by several players alive. The idea is to controll the battlefield as best you can so you do damage to your enemy while limiting their ability to damage you. What damage you cant stop you try to dodge, that which you cant dodge is what the heal is for. If the heal is not enough you were either outnumbered or outplayed.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    There's really no fun way to do healing. So no, I don't want another whack-a-mole healing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    There's really no fun way to do healing. So no, I don't want another whack-a-mole healing game.
    I dont know I could imagine a version of healbot that overlayed folks that needed healing with the faces of folks you dont like and turned your cursor into a hammer would be somewhat amusing for a bit. I've run accross a few flash apps that used that concept with wackamole :P

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    healing may not necessarily be fun in itself but it feels sort of rewarding when you succeed in keeping people alive while they mow down the enemies who'd have eaten them alive if you hadn't been around.

The enjoyment from healing is the God complex that you get from it.

Deleted
    I'm just curious how many people will gimp their groups by just standing there doing nothing but pressing 1 heal whenever it's off cooldown.