With the lost of subscriptions...

Do you think Blizzard is not as worried as they should be, since we have seen no changes besides annual pass to re get players back to WoW, because they plan to release Diablo 3?

To clarify, do you think Blizzard, had diablo 3 not been coming out, be head over heels trying EVERYTHING in their power to get players back, besides just adding an annual pass.

I understand they are a business and want to maximize profit, but in reality, we can all see that WoW has less attention than it did several years ago.

ALSO if you are playing SWTOR, will you perhaps play Diablo 3 as well, or even just play Diablo 3?

I for one will probably only stop playing WoW for D3, which is even unlikely I would stop playing WoW, since I intend to try out MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorehowl View Post
    BOSS IS TANKED BY 1 TANK, OTHER TANK JUST JERKS OFF TILL THAT ONE ADD COMES OUT LOL SO FUN
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight Gil View Post
    Dear sir, would you kindly stop saying such retarded bullshit?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Considering how many they still have, unless it takes a nose-dive into MMO hell like Warhammer and STO did, I don't think Blizzard has a reason TO be worried.

[To the guy above me]Considering they are losing about 360million dollars a year now, yes. I would be worried.
    BOSS IS TANKED BY 1 TANK, OTHER TANK JUST JERKS OFF TILL THAT ONE ADD COMES OUT LOL SO FUN

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Okay..let me copy myself from other threads with the blindingly obvious:

Do you honestly think that a company with 20 years of experience in the busines, with three big franchises, with an annual con that attracts 30 000 ppl and sells out in minutes, with record shattering sub numbers is totally blind to what is going on around them and has to rely on random anonymous guys on the internet to point the things you mention out to them?

Seriously?
    /10 char WIN

Deleted
    dude they made gold buying legal through selling boe pets, selling mounts, they are making more then what they lost srs

Quote Originally Posted by Restorection View Post
    [To the guy above me]Considering they are losing about 360million dollars a year now, yes. I would be worried.
    Their profits increased by $150m last quarter.... your assumption that loss of subs = loss of money is naive.

I think they have to be worried.. I heard they did mass layoffs today. But that could be false.
    "Don't drink and WoW, you'll shard your purples!"

Quote Originally Posted by Garganchewin View Post
    Their profits increased by $150m last quarter.... your assumption that loss of subs = loss of money is naive.
    And if they still had their subs, it would be more would it not?

Deleted
    Most of the subscriptions were lost in China.
    wasnt it free and totally outdated in china?

I like when people freak out because of unimportant things like losing a couple of subscribers that don't matter.

Starcraft 2 says hi. Blizzard will be fine for a long long time.
    It's called Bloodlust not Heroism.
    I used to be a good player once. Now I'm a casual

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I dont see how this is relevant for the diablo 3 forum, to clarify, this is about what's happening with wow, hence is should be there and not here.

And if they still had their subs, it would be more would it not?
    They are still at a profit. You cant lose what you dont have...

Just give them their time.. We know blizzard and their freaky ideas now. Same as we disliked Draenei when tbc was there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Blizzard is not as worried as they should be, since we have seen no changes besides annual pass to re get players back to WoW, because they plan to release Diablo 3?

To clarify, do you think Blizzard, had diablo 3 not been coming out, be head over heels trying EVERYTHING in their power to get players back, besides just adding an annual pass.

I understand they are a business and want to maximize profit, but in reality, we can all see that WoW has less attention than it did several years ago.

ALSO if you are playing SWTOR, will you perhaps play Diablo 3 as well, or even just play Diablo 3?

I for one will probably only stop playing WoW for D3, which is even unlikely I would stop playing WoW, since I intend to try out MoP.
    Mike Morhaime, Tuesday, during the Q3 2011 Results Conference Call
    We have other aggressive marketing plans in the coming months for World of Warcraft, but we're not ready to share details yet.
    source: http://seekingalpha.com/article/3064...all-transcript
    titanFocus.info -- news, predictions and place for discussion about Blizzard's upcoming next-gen MMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    They are still at a profit. You cant lose what you dont have...
    Because that excuse will wash with the shareholders lol!

I love how people always doomsay the whole "ZOMG BLIZZ LOST SUBS" thing without actually looking at the big picture.

Blizzard currently has what? 10 million + subs? They have lost, what, lets say on the extreme side, 2 million subs from their record high.

So they are down 2 million people.

You do realise that there are other games in the MMO genre who's ENTIRE PLAYERBASE is smaller then the number of subs Blizzard has lost. Think about that for a second. WoW is probably by far the single most proffitable MMO in the history of the genre. I would imagine that if HALF of the current players unsubbed today, it would still manage to easily remain profitable for the forseeable future (sure, they would have to merge a few servers, probably shut down a few realms etc to keep populations healthy, but that is not a profitability issue). 5 million subs is still like TWICE what some other MMO's have, yet they still manage to remain profitable.

Simple fact of the matter is, WoW has such a commanding lead in the MMO industry that something catastrophic in the subs department would have to happen to even remotely dent its "Profitability".

Deleted
    Firstly the loss of subs has only been over the last nine months, so it's not a case that WoW had more attention "years ago", it had less subs then than it does now.

Secondly not all subs lost relate to active players they actually want, a large portion of the subs were located in china, where a lot of gold farming/scamming accounts originated. Now I'm not suggesting all the subs or even close were of this ilk but gold farming itself has declined significantly (most gold sellers apparently getting most of their gold through account compromises) so the number of accounts used by such organisations can be assumed as a lot lower now.

We really don't have enough internal information (both regarding sub numbers and Blizzard's planned responses to them) in order to assume they're not reacting appropriately.

i just got in the beta. and this is gonna be a test run for me, because i was really on the fence there for a while about d3, but then they announced this real money ah then that really made me not want to play it. but if the beta can convince me that it will be good, i will play it.