Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    I wont be playing at launch, so thats one. I really only see it hitting at maximum 3 mil subs, i see a more realistic number of a million subs or a little less. The game appeals to people who like how bioware handles its single player games, not to people who play mmos in my opinion
    Last edited by Fishyface; 2011-11-13 at 08:35 PM.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

10+ Year Old Account
    Matters, when have I ever said WoW vs TOR, live or die, or anything like that? I have always said the "WoW killer" phrase is stupid and I hope they both thrive. I use WoW in examples because WoW was what was brought up to start it, and this being the site it is, people understand WoW.

Gimmicks in that they lure people who don't care about mechanics? What are you talking about? How does changing the way you quest (not reading, but listening) have to do with mechanics? You can still skip them all if to want to, it just adds a huge element to the game for those that want it.

Lacking in PvP because PvE ayers enjoy destroying the other faction in BGs to mix it up? You do realize that TOR is being shipped with 3 warzones and a huge world PvP mechanic to do that as well, right?

I've yet to see an interesting PvP video as well. But I've played a few (conventions) that were tons of fun. I also loved BGs in WoW passionately.

Why I'm picking at your recent points is because they are either not true, or not thought out. Gimmicky has nothing to do with adding a voice to a quest text. PvP is the same as in WoW.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with my views, but you're stating it as if these things don't exist, which they do.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-13 at 08:49 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoggtimus Prime View Post
    But SWTOR clearly stated that you would get 5 days prior access to the game if you preorder, so why wouldn't you preorder it? It gives you 5 days in advance to level up.
    It doesn't, actually. There was going to be a headstart period, but no one knew yet how long it would be, BioWare said it would depend partly on the number of pre-orders. It was also made clear that the headstart would be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Basically if you redeemed your pre-order code on day 1, you get 5 days of headstart. If you pre-order today, however, you're not likely to get more than 1 day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    It doesn't, actually. There was going to be a headstart period, but no one knew yet how long it would be, BioWare said it would depend partly on the number of pre-orders. It was also made clear that the headstart would be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. Basically if you redeemed your pre-order code on day 1, you get 5 days of headstart. If you pre-order today, however, you're not likely to get more than 1 day.
    Thats pure speculation. Anything from 1-5 days early access is still on the table until they say otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    Thats pure speculation. Anything from 1-5 days early access is still on the table until they say otherwise.
    No it's not, it's only a little bit of speculation. The pre-order page states in the fine print you get up to 5 days (which is anywhere between 1 and 5 days), and Stephen Reid has said time and time again on the forums that the amount of time you get is assigned on a first come, first serve basis. This is common knowledge for the people that frequent the forums.

The people at least that redeemed their code on the website on day 1 get 5 days. Since we don't know how many pre-orders there are and how large the batches are that they're letting in we can't be sure which people get less than 5 days, but you can rest assured that if you pre-order today you'll not be getting 5 days of headstart access. It's not random, there is a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Keadin84 View Post
    No it's not, it's only a little bit of speculation. The pre-order page states in the fine print you get up to 5 days (which is anywhere between 1 and 5 days), and Stephen Reid has said time and time again on the forums that the amount of time you get is assigned on a first come, first serve basis. This is common knowledge for the people that frequent the forums.

The people at least that redeemed their code on the website on day 1 get 5 days. Since we don't know how many pre-orders there are and how large the batches are that they're letting in we can't be sure which people get less than 5 days, but you can rest assured that if you pre-order today you'll not be getting 5 days of headstart access. It's not random, there is a system.
    Sorry the speculation comes from the part that says you're likely to only get 1 day if you pre order today, I meant to highlight that but failed miserably. The truth is while they did say first come first serve we just don't know how that translates yet. It may just be we still get 5 days now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gabrield View Post
    Sorry the speculation comes from the part that says you're likely to only get 1 day if you pre order today, I meant to highlight that but failed miserably. The truth is while they did say first come first serve we just don't know how that translates yet. It may just be we still get 5 days now.
    It would be nice to get 5 days, but they already said that the people who pre-ordered in the first 5 weeks would be getting on day 1. So i assumed day 2 will be more 4/5 weeks and so on. I will probably get in, on day 3 because i pre-ordered in October.

10+ Year Old Account
    :I I'm sorry if this sounds a bit rude, but... It seems to me that most everyone who is having problems with the game either
    a) Haven't bothered looking into the actual information leaked (sorry Trolls!) that requires very minimal scrounging to find, and therefore are 'upset' over things they are fabricating in their own mind
    b) Determined to go into this game with the mindframe of "This game is going to suck, it will never work!"

No, this doesn't include everyone. I hope that if this doesn't pertain to you, you won't even need to reply to it.

OT: I am 100% sympathetic with a few of you. I really love the whole 'community' aspect of the game. I hope to see the estimated 2~ mil rise over time! Personally though, I hope that it doesn't get as bloated as WoW did..

Just so everyone whos talking about how you character has its own story, FFXI had that and people cried about it saying they were stupid and they didn't want to be forced to watch a cut-scene or follow a set path.

Based on pre-order sales the minimum would be 3 million. They haven't even begun to advertise this game to the public yet. The crazy trailer they already have is going to draw in a good share star wars fans.

My own personal guess would be 5 million. If the game is good (having played the beta i can't tell you anything because of NDA) it can easily grow by another million.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-14 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's Star Wars in capital letters. It has a much better fan base then just being a MMO. Plus, Bioware rocks the story telling. I've preordered and so has 10 of my 15 guild mates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by netherflame View Post
    Just so everyone whos talking about how you character has its own story, FFXI had that and people cried about it saying they were stupid and they didn't want to be forced to watch a cut-scene or follow a set path.
    Yes, but FFXI didn't do it the way Bioware does it, because FFXI didn't give you multiple choices to make while those cutscenes were going on. For example during an instance in SWTOR players were actually communicating with each other BECAUSE of those cutscenes. This is different than WoW where people are dead silent and just burn through an instance to get to the finish line. In SWTOR the discussion is actually a little mini-game in itself because the roll determines what the response will be, and sometimes the response is very profound and causes reactions in the group. I can't give you my experience because of the NDA, but as a Jedi consular playing with other Jedi, let's just say that everyone was shellshocked and couldn't believe what happened, and we were still talking about it after the instance was over. The level of immersion is that profound in this game, and it makes you want to run an instance again to see where the other dialogue branches go.

It also bonds you with your group, even if its a group of strangers, because you feel that you've been through an experience together. Its an experience that isn't going to be the same next time you run through it.

my bet is 5Milion 3 after months of the launch

Quote Originally Posted by Primernova View Post
    It depends initially, I play MMOs for the social aspect and to duo leveling and any other fun stuff with my GF.

I worry SWToR will not be very social, as I keep hearing about leveling feeling like a single player game. Can any beta testers please shine a little light on this process? I highly doubt something a simple as grouping or if it's a social game are covered by the NDA.
    All I am going to say is that team play is definitely encouraged and provides a different experience than single play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Order and playing teh Beta!

I think TOR will have around 3+ mill sales the first month, then it will either decrease or increase.
    -K

I'll try it when it's free to play in March
    trollface.jpg

User was infracted for this post.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-14 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    I don't know..
    There will be a lot of fans of Swtor because its game based on star wars. So it will be popular.
    But I doubt it will ever become as popular as WoW was, and I doubt that they will ever hit 10million subscribers.

Also they are doing like HUGE mistake. Currently there is almost no endgame content in this game at all.
    What are we supposed to do on max level?

Without something that will keep us interested game will die within few years tops.

There were like A LOT of mmorpgs last years, but none of them was able to get 10 millions of active subscribers, and non of them was able to keep them interested for such a long time.
    If i recall correctly, wow launched with only 1 raid, MC and 0 battle grounds.
    I think bioware has already said they have another raid they plan to have in by launch, but not sure. Also there are a lot of flashpoints in the game (17 i think) 3 warzones and a planet that is a wide open pvp area.

I think we will have another raid by launch, if not shortly after IMO. And i do think with all the flashpoints, crafting, warzones and pvp planets there will be plenty to keep people busy until new content is released.

Ive aleady pre orderd the game and have taken part in the weekend beta, whie it was only 3 days worth of testing, it was enough to have me hooked. Until you have seen and played it, it is really hard to describe the feel for the game, plus the NDA does not allow for us to get into much detail, once that is lifted and the real info starts coming out, i think more people will be interested in it as well.
    Last edited by Gxeternal; 2011-11-14 at 04:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pocky_rin View Post
    I'll try it when it's free to play in March
    trollface.jpg

User was infracted for this post.
    Yep in March of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    But a game doesn't need to hit 10 million to be successful, most MMOs don't even need 500k. Please for the love of god get out of the WoW mentality, just because WoW has 10 million doesn't mean it's the only successful MMO on the market. Also SWTOR has two raids confirmed, one is going to be in the game at launch and the second one is being worked on right now as I type this message so it might be in for launch too or sometime soon after. Also you have a lot of hard mode flashpoints, what WoW calls heroic dungeons. Then on top of that they have the endgame planet of Illum which is for pvp and some pve. Also there will be content patches much like WoW that will add even more to the game than what's already there.

WoW lost me when they decided to make kung fu panda the next expansion... we had demons, and undead.. and dragons.. and then.... pandas?? wtf...

and by saying that wow needs 10+ million people signed up... you do realize that this will be one of the largest game launches in history... right..?

WoW only had 600k people at launch.... and thier boast of 12 million players... how many of those accounts were the gold farmer spamming accounts that were created and then deleted?

Lets do some math shall we... Pre cata launch.. wow boasted 12 million subscribers...

The day cata launched .. china took wow offline... so they lost the entire china player base.. 6.5 MILLION...

down to 5.5 mil players right?

First quarter of cata they reported that they lost 2.3 million subs

second quarter another 600,000 subs

and last quarter (even with the reopening of wow china in june) they lost another 300,000 subs....

so that leaves what... 2.3 mil?

Ok so... preorders for SWTOR already out sub wow currently with around 3 million + preorders? and im guessing that maybe over half of these are current wow players... just guessin....

Either way.. wow is dead.. it died the day they went from being bad assed to pleasing the chinese to make up for the loss of the china servers.. i mean.. why else would they add pokemon pets and panda.. come on.... seriously..

ALSO... did you know that bliz is so scared that they are making the pandas jedi? Yup they will use force power and have light and dark attacks... i mean... seriously bliz??

WoW is dead...

Long live the Empire!!

FOR THE SITH!!!...

True
    10 Level 85's On Undermine - Truecan, Trueid, Truelydead, Truelyinsane, Truelynsane, Truebacca, Truelock, Truedewd, Trued, Trueblu
    3 Level 60's On Blackhand - Trueevil, Truemoo, Plaguefire

Quote Originally Posted by matters View Post
    Hmm now i dont think so. Four unique classes, limited options for PvP, gimmicky voiced quests etc. It doesnt take a genius to realize that this game really has nothing other than the Star Wars name and the company Bioware going for it. To people who dont absolutely LOVE star wars this game will fly right over their head, to those that absolutely LOVE star wars its a no brainer so-to-say.

Sorry if i bring a negative attitude into these forums but i do so for my own personal reasons. When i learned about SWTOR i was extremely excited, as time passed and i read and watched beta videos i completely lost interest. Everything looks the same, there is nothing new other than voiced quests and a sci-fi setting.
    There doesn't have to be much new in order to be a stellar game. Bioware has never intended for this to be a revolutionary MMO. They only intended to improve the wheel, not reinvent it. With their style of combat, their high quality voice acting, down to the way the worlds are designed, to the very last detail, SW:TOR has something to great to offer to the consumers. It's the ultimate Star Wars experience for MMO Gamers.