Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LTCrystallite View Post
    Actually, I'm very sure that Demo only loses Incinerate, as Shadow Bolt turns into it for Destro, but it was never confirmed that Immolate and Soul Fire will be uncastable as Demo. I think Immolate won't be necessary for Demo due to Incinerate being Destro only, and they'll most likely remove Molten Core, but they'll probably keep Decimation (Soul Fire at 25%).

I mean this in a nice way, but just because Immolate and Soul Fire are fire it doesn't make them Destro only :P

Vice versa with the "Destro loses corruption" thing as well, they probably won't need to cast it as part of their rotation, but it doesn't mean it'll be removed when you spec.
    Thing is, I remember reading that Immolate would be Destro-exclusive spell from the Blizzcon excerpts. Which to made makes sense in the following way: you can hardly exclude DOTs from rotations without nerfing them so much that they fall below filler spells, which as a consequence has talents that boost DOT damage for their home-specs to compensate for the low base-damage.

For example if they want to remove Corruption form Destro-rotation but not remove it altogether, they would need to nerf its base-damage and then boost it in talents for Affliction and Demonology. I think they are moving away from that approach. That's why I foresee they will remove Immolate from Affliction and Demonology, while remove Corruption from Destruction. Ideally by turning Corruption into Immolate for Destruction at level 10.

As a proof hear this, they said in Mage Q&A that specialization passives (25% arcane, fire and frost) will be gone, and that the damage will be separated by the sole fact that only Arcane Mages will have Arcane Blast, only Frost Mages Frost Bolt and Fire Mages Fireball. This way they can just boost the damage of those spell without giving out specialization passives.

Quote Originally Posted by pyroadi View Post
    Am I the only soul who thinks Affliction is too easy now and getting easier in 4.3 and beyond?

Have you ever played an arcane mage? dont talk simple till then 9 button rotation in affliction is much more complicated yes its pretty straight forward but much mr complicated than the 1 or 2 buttons arcane mages use

---------- Post added 2011-11-13 at 08:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nixlov View Post
    Since Destro is getting a torch like effect for burning embers, would it silly to imagine them making Soulshards have some sort of a animation when they arent spent or maybe when their used can just imagine 3 shards floating around the character wich would look quite fancy in all honesty
    and alot like a spriests orbs no thank you

Deleted
    Affliction is too easy, so boring. 3.0 > all

3.1 two dots removed
    3.3 revealed the refresh bug ( so old in fact ) and the whatever haste rolling with everlasting affliction
    4.0 auto-refreshfest.... /sleep
    4.2 Can't even delay haunt

Affliction is saddening.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychonaut View Post
    Thing is, I remember reading that Immolate would be Destro-exclusive spell from the Blizzcon excerpts. Which to made makes sense in the following way: you can hardly exclude DOTs from rotations without nerfing them so much that they fall below filler spells, which as a consequence has talents that boost DOT damage for their home-specs to compensate for the low base-damage.

For example if they want to remove Corruption form Destro-rotation but not remove it altogether, they would need to nerf its base-damage and then boost it in talents for Affliction and Demonology. I think they are moving away from that approach. That's why I foresee they will remove Immolate from Affliction and Demonology, while remove Corruption from Destruction. Ideally by turning Corruption into Immolate for Destruction at level 10.

As a proof hear this, they said in Mage Q&A that specialization passives (25% arcane, fire and frost) will be gone, and that the damage will be separated by the sole fact that only Arcane Mages will have Arcane Blast, only Frost Mages Frost Bolt and Fire Mages Fireball. This way they can just boost the damage of those spell without giving out specialization passives.
    Ahh, if it was a blizzcon thing, I probably didn't hear that then. My apologies, I was referring to the recent Q&A :P

"Casting Incinerate on an immolated target builds up Infernal Embers, which increase the power of your next single Conflagrate or Soul Fire by 10% each. That ability uses all of the embers you have. As you generate more and more embers, your character slowly ignites, until you're basically a walking torch. Infernal Embers currently have no cap, but we'll likely add one before Mists ships."

Imagine if they don't add a cap, we would see some kind of this i guess:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZgoWry5VeE

Your character standing in sw, making a timer macro with Incinerate and Immolate, making its key stucked, go home and pressing a conlagrate button, enjoy numbers.:P