Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Eric Flannum on the Guild Wars 2 G-Star Demo

arena.net/blog/eric-flannum-on-the-guild-wars-2-g-star-demo

I can't post a link due to being a newer member, so you'll have to fix it yourself. I have to say everything is looking amazing and I think that changing the skill acquisition system to where people won't split up due to their profession was a good idea. No reason to have all of these features that encourages team work only to have someone run off and do something alone because they're a certain class.

Thanks, but you have one too many http in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.arena.net/blog/eric-flann...-2-g-star-demo

Edit: Damn it, I fucked that link up and didn't even notice. Epic Fail
    Last edited by Mif; 2011-11-10 at 03:44 PM.

So on the character sheet what do you think that 150 diamonds icon on the bottom right is? A currency of some sort, maybe related to the cash shop?

Yay on the Skill Changing. It was utterly crap before. This is great! =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blog
    we added an animated “New Mail” alert that pops on-screen to help guide players when story-related messages land in their inbox.
    Otherwise known as the Totalbiscuit fix

Really liking this new information. The video looks amazing. I am surprised at how much better the character customization looks than it did some months ago. This game looks like it's going to be ready very soon. I'm getting hyped up again, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good catch by someone on Guru, top right corner: "Level 48. Effective Level: 3", and the green lowered stats.
    Looks like they're getting sidekicking implemented.

Last edited by Mif; 2011-11-10 at 03:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new skill menu, but I really hope skill challenges aren't anything like that one quest in eotn where you have to run around drunk, herding pigs and avoiding invisible "fail-lines"

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Holy flaming poo on a stick Batman! That's an AWESOME UI upgrade! As a new comer to the GW universe, I particularly LOVE the UI element that shows you what weapon skills are available via what weapons and upgrade to what abilities.

And just when I thought my interest in GW2 was fading, Anet comes along and tosses this our way. Very very awesome.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

You know, from this demo footage it seems almost insane how Arenanet is trying to literally create perfection with this game. Can't wait until Arenanet does open Q&A stuff in the future, maybe ...just maybe...they will more then just say "Yeah we understand" to things and do them. This is gonna be great. x3

i hope the ui can be rescaled, moved and customized on the fly. :s

Deleted
    Gah, I like the way with the skills but got the impression that it's something they started to change recently?
    More time added until release then =(

not really. there was a video, a month or so ago, where a dev was explaining to a player the skills unlock progressively. so its a safe assumption the framework of skill unlocking has been there for a while now. no reason to assume that will mean greatly increased development time- tools are already in place, we just don't know about it all till blog posts like this.

Deleted
    Just started reading/watching this, but I had to stop and say how amazingly good the character customisation looks. Although it was somewhat creepy how feminine he made a human male character look(at least I assume as it didn't show him swapping to a female "base character")

Deleted
    So going to make as Androgynous(sp) as possible character as an alt.

Totally love the CC.

Those customization options are gggggoooorrrrrgggggeeeoooouuuuusss. Beards, faces, hair, body types eeeeeeekkk ^^^_______^^^. I wish they would've shown some female models too, I would probably have gotten a boner. Enjoy your panda expansion losers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ElvenArcher View Post
    I wish they would've shown some female models too
    G*Star thread, albeit cam job.

And there goes the boner.