Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Another words, get your money's worth in the first 30 days, then back to WOW
    If thats the way you feel, then fine. Why 30 days though? Random number?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I want to play it like an mmo, and sadly I wont be able to do that.
    As opposed to what? Wow?
    MM = Massively Multiplayer. Wow is all about 10 man raids, and solo leveling. That's hardly massively mutliplayer
    O = Online
    RPG = Role Playing Game. Wow has so few lore elements now its pathetic. It has more pop culture reference than lore.

Now GW2 in comparison:
    MM = Massively Multiplayer. You can play with anyone without being grouped, and dynamic events scale to to 100 people
    O = Online
    RPG = Role Playing Game. GW2 has a branching RPG storyline, completely different for each race

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 07:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    If thats the way you feel, then fine. Why 30 days though? Random number?
    Because he's stupid enough to believe that GW2 with will come with a 30 subscription included in the purchase....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sacrypheyes View Post
    you just tell me when you'll even do everything once.

if that's how you'll feel, there'll be nothing more to say.

define "play a mmo like a mmo"?
    Play it like WoW... I want to have a reason to do things. If i dont like the look of the new dungeon gear then there's no reason for me to go in there more then a couple of times. I simply enjoy that aspect of wow. IF gw2 would have had that progression, then i would say bye bye to wow, but it wont so i wont.

Play it like WoW... I want to have a reason to do things. If i dont like the look of the new dungeon gear then there's no reason for me to go in there more then a couple of times. I simply enjoy that aspect of wow. IF gw2 would have had that progression, then i would say bye bye to wow, but it wont so i wont.
    So you would rather be "forced" to do the same content over and over again, regardless if you like it, just so you can feel some sort of superiority?

Quote Originally Posted by Kutra View Post
    So you would rather be "forced" to do the same content over and over again, regardless if you like it, just so you can feel some sort of superiority?
    Some people like that style of play. Everyone has preferences. At least he/she is trying to find out what type of game it is before jumping in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Some people like that style of play. Everyone has preferences. At least he/she is trying to find out what type of game it is before jumping in.
    I think he's more looking for an excuse not too.

If you want Wow, play Wow.
    Don't go to KFC and ask for a Big Mac...

I've got a question for those that prefer the "gear-treadmill" progression system. Do you even enjoy the content you had to go through in order to get your gear, or do you force yourself through it because of the reward?

I'll leave you with this commonly linked video:

http://penny-arcade.com/patv/episode/the-skinner-box

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I think he's more looking for an excuse not too.
    I said earlier that i would certainly be buying GW2...... I am just sad that i wont be able to play it the way I enjoy playing mmos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I'm not trying to feel an sort of superiority. I'm a goal orientated person, I derive my enjoyment from having things to strive for. I don't have a superiority complex or do to make others feel lesser, I do it for my own satisfaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrowmore View Post
    I've got a question for those that prefer the "gear-treadmill" progression system. Do you even enjoy the content you had to go through in order to get your gear, or do you force yourself through it because of the reward?

I enjoy progression yes. I enjoy the dungeons/raids 2, but they are much more enjoyable when there's something shiny for me at the end of the tunnel. People play cards over and over again because its always something different even tho its the same game. In gw2 it may have different paths but that can only be fun so many times I play them, and then they start getting boring.

10+ Year Old Account

The only tier of content I have not enjoyed since MC is ToC. Fireland is getting old but it is nowhere as bad as ToC was.

I said earlier that i would certainly be buying GW2...... I am just sad that i wont be able to play it the way I enjoy playing mmos.
    You haven't even played it so how would you know? I loved wow but for the past 2 or so years I literally just did the treadmill thing. I would log on and sit in SW/Org for hours waiting or just playing on the AH. This is what some of the people I know who still play the game do but they are addicted to the carrot on a stick gameplay. If you just sit and think about it for a second it really isn't fun.

God forbid people enjoy a system that offers rewards that give you some personal achievement and/or something to work for.

Next you'll tell me you think it would've been better if you started with all the stars in Super Mario 64 and just focused on having "fun" running around doing flips.
    Last edited by Mozu; 2011-11-09 at 09:58 PM.

Deleted
    They can't appeal to every human being on earth, now can they? Nope I didn't think so. If you're gonna buy it then buy it and try it. If you enjoy it play, if you don't you can always go back to wow or any other game.

Haven't seen that video before, but it explains perfectly why I dislike WoW. I was a runner on the gear treadmill, and as soon as I stopped (because it felt like a second job) and tried to play the game without it, I realised just how boring it is. As soon as you realise you're not actually enjoying the treadmill, and that you're compelled by something other than fun, you can never go back.

10+ Year Old Account
    You haven't even played it so how would you know? I loved wow but for the past 2 or so years I literally just did the treadmill thing. I would log on and sit in SW/Org for hours waiting or just playing on the AH. This is what some of the people I know who still play the game do but they are addicted to the carrot on a stick gameplay. If you just sit and think about it for a second it really isn't fun.
    I know that i wont be able to progress my character other then with "visual upgrades". And im sorry, but dont try to tell me what i do or dont think is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you just sit and think about it for a second it really isn't fun.
    But I have stopped to think about it and it is still fun to me?

Go to swtor don't play guild wars 2 if you want a gear treadmill. Im sorry to say But if the carrot on the stick is fun to you then guild wars is not the game for you and will never be the game for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    God forbid people enjoy a system that offers rewards that give you some personal achievement.

Next you'll tell me you think it would've been better if you started with all the stars in Super Mario 64 and just focused on having "fun" running around doing flips.
    I asked a perfectly reasonable question. I made no "actual" argument in that post, and tbh you seem kind of insecure by responding in a way that implies I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Mozu View Post
    God forbid people enjoy a system that offers rewards that give you some personal achievement.

Gear isn't the only way to obtain personal achievement, and Guild Wars 2 is going the route where there is no gear/power improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.