Poll: Which tablet

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which Tablet should I get for school?

*Update*

Day one with the new asus tf700t and loving this thing so much. The extra $80 for the Hd screen was definitely worth it. Upset about the lack of flash support tho...apparently theres ways to get it but for now its just saying "not available in my country"
    Last edited by BRO90X; 2012-09-17 at 10:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My partner uses one right now. It's excellent for mobile typing of papers, emailing on the fly and such. I bought him the basic Wifi-only since at school he has wifi, at work he has wifi, and at home he has wifi.

Just go for that. 3G ones are too expensive to me.

Dont go for Ipad. Did it myself and stopped using it after a month or so. Too many restrictions, no java and general apple problems ala no USB.

Friend of mine bought the Asus Eee pad prime. That shit is tight and has a keyboard (which you can take off anytime you want. The touchscreen is PERFECT).

Don't forget you can use Evernote which will take dictation.

There's really nothing the iPad 2 doesn't do that the iPad 3 (Fuck you, Tim Cook, it's the iPad 3) does.

It's a bit faster and has a much prettier screen. But if all you want it for is academics then get the iPad 2 and save yourself $300.

Deleted
    Ipad is useless, just go for something practical.

I'd honestly get a cheap laptop if the purpose of it is school. Typing on ipad is just annoying. I haven't seen a single BT keyboard for ipad that's actually good to use either.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you really have to get an ipad, make sure you know you have a use for it. I myself had the same issues you had while starting my college studies (architect). However, with the many restrictions the ipad brings, it would do no better than a regular internet browser... And I do not need yet another internet browser, so I bought an ultrabook with SSD instead. Best money spent ever. Lasts long, does EVERYTHING I need (except reading cd-roms, which I do not really need anymore), but is more expensive than the ipad. If you want an internet browser, you buy the ipad. You want something useful for school, you get an ultrabook.

Deleted
    Ultrabook.

Deleted
    A iPad 2 non-wifi 16gb will fit your needs without breaking the bank
    In the family we have 4, 2 iPad, 2 iPad 2 and the first ones are really showing their age.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i wouldn't recommend an ipad. get yourself an asus tablet which is much better imo. you can do much more on androids and its generally cheaper

I'd go for the Asus Transformer Pad Infinity TF700 if I were you... it does have a docking station which makes it the better choice for school! However, there are many new tablets coming in the next few months and the competition is so fierce, it's worth waiting -- if you can (mostly due to prices)!

Ipad - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple%26...&skuId=2339322

Asus Transformer - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---E...&skuId=5089952

Anything else I should add to the list? I cant afford an ultrabook

Quote Originally Posted by BRO90X View Post
    Ipad - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Apple%26...&skuId=2339322

Asus Transformer - http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Asus---E...&skuId=5089952

Anything else I should add to the list? I cant afford an ultrabook
    You wouldn't wanna go with that (Asus) tablet... its cover prevents excellent Wi-Fi connection and can cause problems when away from router.

If your budget is limited to those two I'd say go with the iPad 2...

If you CAN wait however, the Microsoft Surface is rumored to cost $199... its windows 8 RTM, which looks awesome! Up to you...
    Last edited by ~Valen~; 2012-09-09 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    asus tablet with those keyboards is better for college, my college is promoting it

also: get the recent ones from asus.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Ipad is useless, just go for something practical.
    You've never used one if you think they're useless...

I don't know that they're worth $700 but they're far from useless.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    You wouldn't wanna go with that (Asus) tablet... its cover prevents excellent Wi-Fi connection and can cause problems when away from router.

If your budget is limited to those two I'd say go with the iPad 2...

If you CAN wait however, the Microsoft Surface is rumored to cost $199... its windows 8 RTM, which looks awesome! Up to you...
    Can you link me a place to purchase that asus infinity? And that surface is awesome coming the 26th of october it says. Sucks school is here already lol.

Can you link me a place to purchase that asus infinity? And that surface is awesome coming the 26th of october it says. Sucks school is here already lol.
    I think you'll be disappointed, as it costs almost $600... (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008F4NL18/...SIN=B008F4NL18)

I'd say if you could hold on to something, you really should -- If not, either go with the iPad or maybe something like Toshiba Excite 10 (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007OWZRC8/...IN=B007OWZRC8?)

My god theres so many choices lol

My god theres so many choices lol
    He's a list you can go over yourself... set the price to whatever you like and read/watch the reviews!

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    My question is, which one should I get? Im not looking to blow all my money but I think itd be worth it for the cheaper books, organization and cleaner notes.
    None, unless you are like the other trendy kids I see all the time with the Hollister shirt, Beats headphones, and are just looking to be "cool" rather than get something that works better. The Nexus 7 by Google is a much better unit, with a much better operating system, and better screen resolution for about half the cost. There are plenty of reviews out there that will back up all my claims.

http://www.amazon.com/Asus-Google-Ne...ywords=nexus+7
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2012-09-09 at 07:45 PM.