Poll: How many subs at the 3 month mark?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Going for 1.5-2mill, everyone says its the star wars franchise it can't fail..... look at swg don't think that ever hit silly high numbers when game was fresh.
    Personally will see what the raiding will be like at max level, will be less than 2 months to lvl up and get ready hopefully, if it sux then won't hang around:P

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfadin View Post
    Going for 1.5-2mill, everyone says its the star wars franchise it can't fail..... look at swg don't think that ever hit silly high numbers when game was fresh.
    Personally will see what the raiding will be like at max level, will be less than 2 months to lvl up and get ready hopefully, if it sux then won't hang around:P
    SW:G didn't hit large numbers primarily because of the era. EQ was the biggest MMO at the time, and I'm reasonably certain it never broke 1 mil subs. WoW was the first MMO to really hit big.

SW:G could have carved out a sizable niche, but they decided, instead, to alienate most of their existing playerbase by taking out half the stuff that made the game unique and basically make it WoW with lightsabers, only they did a terrible job at it.

10+ Year Old Account
    3-4 million if the game gets good reviews and good word of mouth, and considering the awards it has already won, that is likely. From then on it's up to developers to release quality content to keep people happy and bring new subs.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 02:43 AM ----------

If a small company like Trion can churn out the fast content like they do, Bioware should have no problem with that.

In three months I'll go with 2-3 million, which will make it close to WoW's NA/EU current number of 4-5 million. After one year if BW can keep turning out new content I see it surpassing WoW's NA/EU subscriptions if Warcraft continues in it's downhill subscription decline.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    Three months in? It'll drop to about a million or so.

It's not a good enough game to stay interested that long.
    Well that's a nice opinion too bad it's fantasy

1-2 million is a safe bet.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 03:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    Interesting questing and lore is not enough to keep players coming.

Which is what SWTOR is really good for.

(And don't give me an infraction please, I know you give infractions to people that don't agree with the things you like)
    Interesting that you post your opinion as proven fact.

Maybe for making things up you should be infracted, not because you don't agree.
    Biowares Go-to Plan:
    - Offer something for free
    - Change mind and charge for it
    - ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR WORK HAS BUGS
    - Never fix bugs and give crappy CS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumpieboi View Post
    Interesting questing and lore is not enough to keep players coming.

Which is what SWTOR is really good for.

(And don't give me an infraction please, I know you give infractions to people that don't agree with the things you like)
    And how exactly do you know that is all SWTOR will be good for? We've only seen lower level pvp and flashpoints, and only the first boss of an operation. Where on earth did you develop foresight powers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    My version of this^ :

3 months in? It'll gain another million or so.

It's such a good game to keep bringing in more players.
    Let's agree to disagree, then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's agree to disagree, then.
    But of course. =)

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I think at launch they'll have around 2-2.5 mil players (maybe a little bit more) but after 3 months I expect it to have 1.5 mil players. I think after 3 months the player base will increase at a steady pace since this game has alot of potential if they make higher level content addictive and challanging (tbc style).

I think this game will grow quite well but really hard to say how many that will play it. I wouldn't be surprised if it's 3-4 million tbh seing how preordersa lready is between 1.5mil -2mil.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As much as servers can hold

10+ Year Old Account
    Well seeing as THIS time it will be a successful "alternative", I'd have to say around 2 million at the 3 month mark. However dropping following the first content patch. But I may be wrong as THIS time it really is going to be a successful alternative MMO, unlike the 10 or so before it...wait I already said that right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post
    Have yet to see Trolls ban someone that was not inciting hate. Get a lot of that here for some reason...
    Strong in the Dark Side is this Forum

if / when the games launched Globally we will know.

Three months in? It'll drop to about a million or so.

It's not a good enough game to stay interested that long.
    What cracks me up is how most of the downers in this quote hasn't even tried it out. I have done all the beta testing that this game will blow your socks off on how good it will be. At least I tried before I denied.

People need to get the WoW-syndrome out of their head. Millions here, millions there. Blizzard needed 6ish years to build up so many players, SW:TOR will need it aswell, especially since most MMO-fanboys are in love with WoW.

3 Months? A million players isn't impossible.. 3 Years? 3 million players isn't impossible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TordFish View Post
    People need to get the WoW-syndrome out of their head. Millions here, millions there. Blizzard needed 6ish years to build up so many players, SW:TOR will need it aswell, especially since most MMO-fanboys are in love with WoW.

3 Months? A million players isn't impossible.. 3 Years? 3 million players isn't impossible
    If you don't think there will be at least 1M people playing this game for the first 3 months... Well I just don't know what to say to you. I guess the 802k physical preorders in North America will all cancel them in the next 3 weeks i guess... It is possible I suppose.
    Last edited by Shamburger; 2011-11-10 at 07:34 PM.

WoW was at I think 5 million around the time of TBCs launch, and if I recall correctly, that was before they exploded onto the Chinese market. That was less than 3 years after release.

Considering they are already looking at over 800k physical preorders in the US alone for SW:TOR, with the digital sales and Europe added in I can see 2 mil easy on launch.

10+ Year Old Account

Considering preorders are well over 1 million, Id say a million at 3 months is possible.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Deleted
    Don't know gonna buy it to take a break from wow, after the first month it the end game is good i put a subscription