Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by D_K_night View Post
    And if you "didn't give a rat's ass" why are you responding? You DO care. This has nothing to do with race or skin color. This has to do with the general reaction to MoP. Much of it is negative. Can you explain why? I've done my piece, and BTW it's a free country.
    You're right, it is a free country. You posted your opinion, naturally, he responded. You are claiming the race card here, which I'm pretty sure is not the issue. Ever consider maybe people do not like the design because it is very different from the way WoW is represented right now?

Here's a better question; can you explain why most the reaction is negative? You act as if you know everyone else's opinion, clearly mixing it with your own, then you pull the 'free country' b.s. when someone comes at you with an opinion that differs from yours.

Again, back to your statement. He replied because he has an account on these forums, he clicked 'reply' and put in his words. Who are you to determine why he posted in the first place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunks View Post
    What exactly does this have to do with what I was saying? I'll say it again: I have nothing against asians, I respect but dislike their culture.
    What he's saying is that Because Russians are Asian, any cartoons they release are Anime, which you dislike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfugApJ6S9g
    To you, this is anime.

I said it two times already. I don't like the culture, but I respect it. I don't want it shoved in my face, which is why I'm not buying MoP.
    Then don't. Problem solved.
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chinese culture is asian. Anime is asian. See where I'm going with this?
    Rice is food. Potatoes are food. See where I'm going with this?

They still aren't similar enough for me to dislike one on the basis of disliking the other.

"I dislike MoP because I dislike Asian culture in general" is a logical statement.

"I dislike MoP because I dislike Anime" is a brain-dead one.

snip
    The point I'm making is that Anime has nothing in common with MoP, nothing at all. As I said in the first part of this post - disliking the expac based on your dislike of Asian culture is reasonable, disliking it on the basis of your dislike towards Anime is not. Because Anime has nothing in common with the art or style or anything else in MoP.

And I never called him racist.

I called this thread mildly xenophobic.
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

What exactly does this have to do with what I was saying? I'll say it again: I have nothing against asians, I respect but dislike their culture.
    "Their culture" is the problem. There is no one asian culture, there are dozens, some of which are as different from each other as they are from yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettshock View Post
    ...Except this quarter, the quarter in which MoP was announced, had a large Asian based drop. In fact, there's a huge amount of people who eat, sleep, and breath anime, and let's face it, some of those people don't understand the difference between Japanese and Chinese art. I feel as a people we the west are COMPLETELY ready for an Asian/Chinese themed expansion. In fact, most of my friends who are against it don't even live in the West.

TL;DR Not everyone from the west is racist and afraid of the east.
    You really don't understand these things do you?

Nothing from Blizzcon is reflected in Q3, we will see the beginning of that in Q4

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Or... maybe... it has to do with the fact that it looks very reminiscent of Kung Fu Panda and not a Tolkien'eque+ world.

Even though I like MoP and the Pandaren... I always say it's not the Pandas that are the thing people are complaining about with Mists... Pandas are just the personified poster child for the whole entire expansion theme and visual seemingly "kid friendly" style that people don't like.

And I understand where they're coming from. People say "WoW natrually looks like it has visually cartoony/whimsical graphics" I have to disagree with on this. In Wrath, they were able to make a kick-ass race of large Nordic Viking Barbarians in the same graphic style AND yet make them quite serious looking! With the Pandaren, they could've made them look a bit more like "Dynasty Warriors" instead of "Kung Fu Panda".
    I think part of it due to the pandas we were shown...none of them had any gear on and it was just the starting zone too. So there was no cool Dynasty Warriors style gear for us to see(even though they did show us the artwork for the new gear at Blizzcon), but it's hard for us to visualize that gear on the Pandas or other races for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    What he's saying is that Because Russians are Asian, any cartoons they release are Anime, which you dislike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfugApJ6S9g
    To you, this is anime.
    I'm pretty sure an ogre could tell the difference between anime and that.
    Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

They still aren't similar enough for me to dislike one on the basis of disliking the other.

"I dislike MoP because I dislike Asian culture in general" is a logical statement.

So you got confused because I didn't say "in general", yet you question my intellect.
    Last edited by Krunks; 2011-11-09 at 11:28 PM.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    You really don't understand these things do you?

Nothing from Blizzcon is reflected in Q3, we will see the beginning of that in Q4
    Read about 3 posts down, I call myself an idiot for that statement. <3

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    "Their culture" is the problem. There is no one asian culture, there are dozens, some of which are as different from each other as they are from yours.
    But we all know that. We all know that Phillipinos are completely different from Thai people. And many of us have seen the offended looks on Koreans if they are even mistaken for Chinese or heaven forbid, Japanese.

But it is human nature to condense many of these things into one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, by how you've been clumping Asian cultures together, you would call that anime. Therefore, you just called yourself less than an ogre.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Now, now... His comments make perfect sense. Just like saying that someone doesn't like the culture from the Americas, with their short-shorts, hockey sticks, speaking Portuguese and eating tacos with maple syrup, while wearing 5 gallon hats with their spray-tans.

But it is human nature to condense many of these things into one.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Now, now... His comments make perfect sense. Just like saying that someone doesn't like the culture from the Americas, with their short-shorts, hockey sticks, speaking Portuguese and eating tacos with maple syrup, while wearing 5 gallon hats with their spray-tans.
    This is the first time in months I have actually laughed at a post. You sir, have won yourself a cookie <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, by how you've been clumping Asian cultures together, you would call that anime. Therefore, you just called yourself less than an ogre.
    If you believe this cartoon you linked is similar to an anime like, say, Naruto, I got some bad news for you.
    "I have taught you many ways to kill a mortal, Kratos. Flesh that burns, bones that break. But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltronn
    GIRL BETTER BE QUIET MAKIN MA SAMMICH... ¬.¬

So you got confused because I didn't say "in general", yet you question my intellect.
    We question people's intellects who speak their mind, and get pissed off because they were questioned in the first place due to them leaving out 'in general.' Furthermore, the point that was made to you was that russians are asian, so you must dislike their culture as well. That is the point they were driving at.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am half asian and half white. I fully agree with the OP. I fight with my other self all the time. When people see me bashing my head against the wall, they don't understand that I am at conflict with myself at all times. Part of my wants to be free, the other half wants to throw myself in a concentration camp like the USA did to Japanese during world war 2.

Quote Originally Posted by zealous View Post

The point I'm making is that Anime has nothing in common with MoP, nothing at all. As I said in the first part of this post - disliking the expac based on your dislike of Asian culture is reasonable, disliking it on the basis of your dislike towards Anime is not. Because Anime has nothing in common with the art or style or anything else in MoP.

And I never called him racist.

I called this thread mildly xenophobic.
    OK so let's clarify.

How about if we just settle on, he doesn't like Asian themes period? He already said that the Night elf area looks vague asian but it didn't permeate the entire game. But here we have an upcoming expansion which will be all about the asian theme, and that's why he's not going to buy it. It's shoved in his face - not acceptable. If it was just in the background, maybe just a few areas here and there, maybe 1 dungeon ok sure, but not the entire expansion.

What about the Matthew Broderick Godzilla movie? And I still didn't get an answer on my other questions, such as "The King and I", "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles", or Pokemon/Digimon/Yu-Gi-Oh/whatever else. How do you explain the Western interest in all of those, if we're all afraid of integrating our society with an Asian society?

---------- Post added 2011-11-09 at 06:33 PM ----------

OK so let's clarify.

How about if we just settle on, he doesn't like Asian themes period? He already said that the Night elf area looks vague asian but it didn't permeate the entire game. But here we have an upcoming expansion which will be all about the asian theme, and that's why he's not going to buy it. It's shoved in his face - not acceptable. If it was just in the background, maybe just a few areas here and there, maybe 1 dungeon ok sure, but not the entire expansion.

Whoa, they already linked pictures of every single dungeon, raid, and area in the entirity of MoP?!? PLEASE link me this, I want to see it all!!

Does that mean they're also re-vamping Strat and Scholo to look Asian, too?!!?
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you believe this cartoon you linked is similar to an anime like, say, Naruto, I got some bad news for you.
    You REALLY don't understand what I'm driving at do you? Here, let me speak slowly. You said Chinese is Asian. Okay? You said Anime is Asian. Okay? So, Russia is also Asian. Okay? So if China was A, Anime was B, and Russia was C, it'd be A = B, and C = A, then C would also equal B.

OK so let's clarify.

You continue to be extremely ignorant.