Thread: "Dual Spec"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine we'll be able to RE-spec right off the bat, at least from within your AC. But as of launch, there is no dual spec'ing, which is perfectly fine by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    This is not always accurate. As an example, a Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin plays very little, if at all, like the Consular/Inquisitor up through Level 10.

That said, if you get to Level 20 and realize you want to be something else, just level something else. It doesn't take that long to get back to 20.
    They play very little like each other but you can get a taste of the base skill and see what you like.

Want to be up in the enemies face? Assassin
    Like hanging back, throwing out some CC and Force Lightning? Sorceror

This class on both sides is just bipolar opposites, and is the only one like that really. Others are more similar across the 2AC's. Agent is kind of opposite but not as bad as SI/JC.

---------- Post added 2011-11-10 at 02:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I'd imagine we'll be able to RE-spec right off the bat, at least from within your AC. But as of launch, there is no dual spec'ing, which is perfectly fine by me.
    You can respec as many times as you like, with increasing costs of course.
    Changing bars around is not as terrible as i would have anticipated either, Im a huge proponent of dual spec, but I can live with it not being in game at launch now, ive come to terms.

Cross AC changing is another topic altogether and is a heated discussion.

Deleted
    I hope the price for changing specs will be extremely hefty but I think they already said that much. I would prefer if you had to do a very long questline or something in order to earn 1 storeable respec though instead of ingame currency (something like 5 hours spent minimum and you can only sustain 1 respec at a time for later use)